Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Was your passport stamped by the Egyptian immigrations officer or not?
On entry to Egypt I got a Visa sticker and a stamp; on exit I got another stamp.
Old May 9, 2018, 12:28 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Not sure if someone can provide additional advise on my situation. I made my first flight, and now I want to change my original PHL-LAX to JFK-LAX. I contacted BA first thing after my flown first flight and for the JFK-LAX flight that I want, both I and A class are available (this should be possible as I purchased the ticket based on the more flexible fare rules) and now after 3 days, they have not been able to re-validate the ticket because they told me that they had to escalate it to the fare expert department because they can't find the fare to recalculate.

I have already tried to explain (as I understand), after flying the first flight, no fare reprice is needed (if either I or A class is available) I will just have to pay the change fees. Therefore I can't understand why the difficult situation I am in (or that they need to send to the fare department and they can't reprice it...they even wanted to downgrade me to Y).

I was calling the SIN number (too early for any of the other EU numbers to work). I think I am connected to the India call center (from the way English is spoken). Did try calling the UK number yesterday, again provided with the same story (guess because it's in the notes in my booking).

Cheers!
Old May 9, 2018, 1:14 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
If your flexible rules are those that permit A class within USA (incl transcons) then the trick is that I shall be zero, only in that case A will price under your fare.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:17 am

And the flight within US shall be coded as BA, not AA
Old May 9, 2018, 1:25 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Keter
If your flexible rules are those that permit A class within USA (incl transcons) then the trick is that I shall be zero, only in that case A will price under your fare.
Originally Posted by Keter
And the flight within US shall be coded as BA, not AA
I tried to explain the above 2 to the agent...and they keep saying yes, but I doubt now if they are checking the rules....i did a quick check of my current revised ticket (but not yet revalidated), and they have booked the JFK-LAX in D...which I indicates to me that they are not reading the rules (or can't find it).
For the BA or AA code, my original PHL-LAX flight was booked under the AA code. Though I still did mention to them that the JFK-LAX leg should be maybe booked with the BA number, and again was told they will look into it.
Am getting so frustrated that they are not looking into the rules.

Am finding the whole team there in the back office to be such a joke compared to KLM/AirFrance or AA which can solve these changes according to the fare rule within 24 hours.

Cheers!
Old May 9, 2018, 3:07 am

Well AA is kinda perfect. They allowed to change MOW to CAI via LON on BA for my friend first and then called back and said this is not possible. They referred to MPM violation but its ........ as the real reason was 2nd transfer in Europe which is not permitted under AA fare.
It means though that they managed to price the trip correctly given it had 3 involuntary and one voluntary reissue already. Good qualification I shall say.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended

Question.

I'm traveling on this fare soon. In particular... CAI-LHR, DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL.

Is it possible to just change the LAX-HNL leg only? I know I have to fly the first segment.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by zipzapzip
Question.

I'm traveling on this fare soon. In particular... CAI-LHR, DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL.

Is it possible to just change the LAX-HNL leg only? I know I have to fly the first segment.
You can, should be change fee + difference in taxes (if any) as long as you find availability in originally booked class. If you were in "I", then you need "I" class availability.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by megaloman
You can, should be change fee + difference in taxes (if any) as long as you find availability in originally booked class. If you were in "I", then you need "I" class availability.
Thank you. I'm planning on doing LAX HNL then back to Cairo, in August.

I'll call right when I land in LHR.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I was able to change my flights recently just for the nominal fee, after searching for I availability on EF for my segments and feeding them to the OTA. The OTA agent was very impressed about how "lucky" I was to pay so little, lol.

Just an FYI, I availability is very limited, so if you plan to make changes you should do at least 2-3 months in advance and have flexible dates.
Old May 20, 2018, 11:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nk15
I was able to change my flights recently just for the nominal fee, after searching for I availability on EF for my segments and feeding them to the OTA. The OTA agent was very impressed about how "lucky" I was to pay so little, lol.

Just an FYI, I availability is very limited, so if you plan to make changes you should do at least 2-3 months in advance and have flexible dates.
Yep. Planning on August, but the hardest will be the AA first flight on transcontinental I think.

So best bet is to feed the agent the flights according to expert flyer?
Old May 20, 2018, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by zipzapzip
Yep. Planning on August, but the hardest will be the AA first flight on transcontinental I think.

So best bet is to feed the agent the flights according to expert flyer?
I would first find flights and make decisions based on EF. You can also ask the agent to check, if there are any dates not showing as available on EF that you really want, just to be sure, but I would do my ground work first on EF.
Old May 20, 2018, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nk15
I would first find flights and make decisions based on EF. You can also ask the agent to check, if there are any dates not showing as available on EF that you really want, just to be sure, but I would do my ground work first on EF.
Thanks.

I checked EF for October and they had all the I class and A class I need.

Once I fly the first segment, I'll call BA right away.
Old May 22, 2018, 3:21 am

Now my turn to change my ticket. And I am very disappointed how BA EC desk (due to GUF/ upgrade voucher used, which was almost useless though in the end of the day) handled that. They quoted various additional collection amounts and provided several reasons for those however, none of those reasons was for real. This is a joke... After several calls with the agent i decided to talk to a superviser and after asking several times i finally realised what was wrong: the person could not quote the itinerary using the original ticketing date because last dates I wanted to change flights to were out of range. OK if this is does not work lets use any other date. Just a joke, really...

We agreed he will send the request to fare department in London. Still to hear back from them...
Old May 22, 2018, 7:12 am

And the side benefit is that I can confirm now that it is easy to trick AA married segments logic (without breaking the booking rules) if one of the flights is booked under BA code. In my case HNL-AA-DWF-AA-MIA (both 772) did not have availability in I class if married, however, HNL-BA-DFW-AA-MIA in 'I' worked just fine.

Finally to quote the change for my ticket they had to use flight days before the original ticketing date + 1 year (they say its Amadeus restriction that autopricing will not work beyong one year from the ticketing date). Funny thing that it was my idea Not sure if the fare department answered anything at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.