Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA ExecPlat, TK Elite

Can route AA or BA on transatlantic sectors.
840 TPs for BA fliers.
Books into fully refundable business class.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
38,000 EQMs on AAdvantage as well. Would be long travel days, but very good EQMs/$ to a nice vacation spot if you live in or can easily position to CAI. Nice find OP. LHR-LAX and vice versa also on the 77W, which is AA's nicest business product.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Wow

I bought this fare CAI-LHR-LAX for the same price and thought I got a good deal. Could have added a trip to Hawaii too
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
You can add another stop on this trip via the US east coast, to increase the no. of BA TPs to 1,120. E.g. CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL. Price in Aug is as low as £1,239.

The AA fare basis is INE0F6RS and requires a min Sat night stay. There's an equivalent BA fare basis which is IRCME but that's more restrictive - min 3 night stay.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 50+, Hyatt Diamond, United Gold
Should be almost $6000 EQDs on AA as well I think. Very nice ratio of spend to EQD earn.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by hgadhia
Should be almost $6000 EQDs on AA as well I think. Very nice ratio of spend to EQD earn.
No, not quite. As shown in the example, it's an AA fare and all the AA legs will give you a portion of the ticket price as EQD. You will get about 500 EQDs for CAI-LHR and back. Given the fact that AA seems to prorate EQD on the basis of miles, I reckon you'll get about 1750 EQDs.
You would need to maximize the BA coded flights to get more. That does cost more.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:52 pm
Used to be highman123

How did you pull up the fare? Google Flights and Kayak only find the routing via Seattle for ~$1,800. aa.com is no help either.

https://www.kayak.com/flights/CAI-HN...xible/business
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:29 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Very nice fare, OP. I was able to pull up some all-BA flight options via Momondo, though only for the similar CAI-SFO fare.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
No, not quite. As shown in the example, it's an AA fare and all the AA legs will give you a portion of the ticket price as EQD. You will get about 500 EQDs for CAI-LHR and back. Given the fact that AA seems to prorate EQD on the basis of miles, I reckon you'll get about 1750 EQDs.
You would need to maximize the BA coded flights to get more. That does cost more.
the first flight is a BA flight #, wouldn't that mean its on BA stock and this earn the % miles flown for AA EQD?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by billinghamn
You can add another stop on this trip via the US east coast, to increase the no. of BA TPs to 1,120. E.g. CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL. Price in Aug is as low as £1,239.
Or you can do it via MIA instead of JFK and fly AA 77W service on the sectors MIA-LAX-MIA @:-)

So the routing should be like this: CAI-LHR-MIA-LAX-HNL and vv.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:10 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
How did you pull up the fare? Google Flights and Kayak only find the routing via Seattle for ~$1,800. aa.com is no help either.

https://www.kayak.com/flights/CAI-HN...xible/business

when i booked this about a month back i used the aa.com hong kong site with the multicity option.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Can you add a long stopover at LHR?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by ryan182
the first flight is a BA flight #, wouldn't that mean its on BA stock and this earn the % miles flown for AA EQD?
theoretically just the CAI-LHR-CAI portion would be EQD as % of miles, but not sure how it posts in practice if on AA ticket stock.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:52 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dcphlyer
theoretically just the CAI-LHR-CAI portion would be EQD as % of miles, but not sure how it posts in practice if on AA ticket stock.
just as you said....distance eqd for segments cai-lhr-cai...I got 549 eqd on the cai-lhr segment. aa segments are based on ticket price.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by ryan182
BA and AA are buddies and, as reported on the AA forum, BA gives the fare information to AA, allowing AA to give EQDs on their flights based on fare.
Originally Posted by nyc6035
just as you said....distance eqd for segments cai-lhr-cai...I got 549 eqd on the cai-lhr segment. aa segments are based on ticket price.
Here's the confirmation with someone who has flown such a ticket. Personally, i dont want to be awarded so few miles on AA with what the fare based method gives, so I credit my AA coded flights to another airline and the BA ones can go to AA based on distance..

Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; Mar 15, 2017 at 5:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.