Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Really?

It would say that it is very limited, at best.
Thanks rossmacd this makes more sense ^ - will have to await the next HNL decent fare to come along - doubt it will be too long!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
A very, very quick scan on Matrix throws up the following, but no doubt someone can do much better:
Are you able to share what you plug into matrix to get this? I can't get anything near, but I'm not sure how to make the stopovers work..
Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
I'd appreciate people NOT booking 22 October because my plan is to book this flight in the next few days

(HINT: 23 October works fine also)

having said that the attached shot shows how to put together a more advanced itinerary with stopovers,

ALL you seem to need for any flights except the CAL-LHR and vice-Versa is I availability... no other restrictions apart from only 2 stopovers in each direction (allowing for 5!! total on the ticket)

and all you really need is to find a date ex-cairo that you can get to cairo on, and then stop pretty much anywhere in Europe served by AA and continue your flight as a fully-flexible I class ticket with absolutely no ticketing restrictions or stopover restrictions.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: AS 100K
just to make sure i understand the refund policy on this fare (I fare code)...ita fares rules are below. What i get from it is that if I cancel before flying any leg, I would only be charged 350egp to get a full refund, is that correct?

CANCELLATIONS
ANY TIME
CHARGE EGP 350.00.
NOTE -
CHARGES APPLY PER FARE COMPONENT IF THE REFUND IS
REQUESTED BEFORE THE TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME OF
THE FIRST UNFLOWN COUPON WITHIN THE FARE
COMPONENT.
---------------------------------------------
CHARGE ALL PASSENGER TYPES EXCEPT INFANTS WITHOUT
A SEAT.
----------------------------------------------
WAIVED FOR DEATH OF A PASSENGER AND PASSENGERS
TRAVELLING COMPANIONS.
--------------------------------------------
REFUND PERMITTED WITHIN TICKET VALIDITY.
---------------------------------------------
WHEN COMBINING NON-REFUNDABLE FARES WITH
REFUNDABLE FARES
1. THE AMOUNT PAID ON EACH REFUNDABLE FARE
COMPONENT IS REFUNDED.
2. THE AMOUNT PAID ON EACH NON-REFUNDABLE FARE
COMPONENT WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
3. WHEN COMBINING FARES CHARGE THE SUM OF THE
CANCELLATION FEES OF ALL CANCELLED FARE
COMPONENTS.
REFUND OF UNUSED TAXES FEES AND CHARGES PAID TO
THIRD PARTIES PERMITTED. ASSOCIATED CARRIER
IMPOSED CHARGES ARE REFUNDABLE.
-----------------------------------------------
ANY NON-REFUNDABLE AMOUNT FROM A PREVIOUS TICKET
REMAINS NON-REFUNDABLE FOLLOWING A CHANGE.
TICKET IS NOT TRANSFERABLE TO ANOTHER PERSON.
-----------------------------------------------
PARTIALLY USED TICKETS - REFUND THE DIFFERENCE -
IF ANY - BETWEEN THE FARE PAID AND THE FARE FOR
THE JOURNEY TRAVELLED.
------CANCELLATION REPRICING CONDITIONS-----
FLOWN COUPONS MUST BE REPRICED USING HISTORICAL
FARES IN EFFECT ON THE PREVIOUS TICKETING DATE.
THE FARE FOR THE JOURNEY TRAVELLED MUST BE CAPPED
AT THE TOTAL FARE AMOUNT PLUS CARRIER IMPOSED
CHARGE PAID ON THE TICKET BEING PRESENTED FOR
REFUND.
FULLY FLOWN FARE COMPONENTS MAY BE REPRICED USING
ANY BOOKING CODE WITHIN THE SAME CABIN PROVIDED
THE NEW FARE AMOUNT IS EQUAL OR HIGHER THAN
ORIGINAL.
PARTIALLY FLOWN FARE COMPONENTS MUST BE REPRICED
USING THE SAME OR HIGHER BOOKING CODE.
FULL REFUND PERMITTED BEFORE DEPARTURE IN CASE OF
REJECTION OF VISA. EMBASSY STATEMENT REQUIRED
CHARGE EGP 1000.00 FOR NO-SHOW.
NOTE -
NO-SHOW FEE APPLIES IF THE FARE COMPONENT IS
REFUNDED AFTER THE TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME OF
THE FIRST UNFLOWN COUPON WITHIN THE FARE
COMPONENT.
CHARGE ALL PASSENGER TYPES EXCEPT INFANTS WITHOUT
A SEAT.
----------------------------------------
ALL OTHER CANCELLATION CONDITIONS AS PER BEFORE
TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
I cannot confirm that 100% - what I can confirm is that changes AFTER first segment flown are very cheap - I have done this twice now on these fares successfully- the penalty is EGP650 (or about EUR30) - the cancellation penalty as you can see is only about EUR16-17

Last edited by catharsis; Jul 7, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by catharsis
I cannot confirm that 100% - what I can confirm is that changes AFTER first segment flown are very cheap - I have done this twice now on these fares successfully- the penalty is EGP650 (or about EUR30) - the cancellation penalty as you can see is only about EUR16-17
Cancellation is going to be EGP 700 total because the 350 is PER FARE COMPONENT (as seen in the note under the 350). Apparently the outbound and return are two fare component, according to what my TA told me when I did cancel a ticket.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Cancellation is going to be EGP 700 total because the 350 is PER FARE COMPONENT (as seen in the note under the 350). Apparently the outbound and return are two fare component, according to what my TA told me when I did cancel a ticket.
Correct.

I'd appreciate people NOT booking 22 October because my plan is to book this flight in the next few days
I just booked 22 October this afternoon!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Duplicate
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Originally Posted by Airprox
Correct.

I just booked 22 October this afternoon!

thanks all for your input
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott

(HINT: 23 October works fine also)

having said that the attached shot shows how to put together a more advanced itinerary with stopovers,

ALL you seem to need for any flights except the CAL-LHR and vice-Versa is I availability... no other restrictions apart from only 2 stopovers in each direction (allowing for 5!! total on the ticket)

and all you really need is to find a date ex-cairo that you can get to cairo on, and then stop pretty much anywhere in Europe served by AA and continue your flight as a fully-flexible I class ticket with absolutely no ticketing restrictions or stopover restrictions.
Many thanks for these specific steps. I hope you can still get 22 October.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Has anybody managed to get it to price recently? I can see IRCME is still filed by BA (no equivalent AA fare though as far as I can see), but matrix doesn't seem to like it anymore and google flights isn't returning anything even close to the $1600 price mark.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by wmaciej
Has anybody managed to get it to price recently? I can see IRCME is still filed by BA (no equivalent AA fare though as far as I can see), but matrix doesn't seem to like it anymore and google flights isn't returning anything even close to the $1600 price mark.
There is a pretty neat sale from Greece to the US right now. I think it also includes HNL for around 1300 EUR. You can route it with BA1 via LCY, JFK and LAX for max TP. Sometimes it even books the JFK-LAX-JFK in A-Class and youŽll get 210TP. You can only fly over the Atlantic from Tuesday to Thursday both ways and this fare is only bookable until Sep 6th. Give it a try in Matrix. You will find something.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by wmaciej
I still see it on matrix. But not sure it's bookable - bookwithmatrix doesn't seem to route it through anywhere bookable any more, and putting the flights it finds into BA.com doesn't work either.

ETA: Actually, at least one OTA is pricing. GBP 1,372 ($1760) for CAI-LHR-LAX-HNL return, all in business.

Last edited by typical; Aug 22, 2017 at 3:36 pm
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by EDDMflyer
There is a pretty neat sale from Greece to the US right now. I think it also includes HNL for around 1300 EUR. You can route it with BA1 via LCY, JFK and LAX for max TP. Sometimes it even books the JFK-LAX-JFK in A-Class and youŽll get 210TP. You can only fly over the Atlantic from Tuesday to Thursday both ways and this fare is only bookable until Sep 6th. Give it a try in Matrix. You will find something.
Can you give an example? I tried Athens to JFK, LAX or HNL, 7-9 day trip, departures in Oct, Nov, Dec and did not come up with anything less than 2000 euros.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Has anyone succeeded in booking JFK-LAX and back in A instead of I with this fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.