Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:29 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
For the ex-CAI flights, presumably it involves positioning the night before?
As of November 2017 the CAI-LHR departure time is 9.35am which is good for an overnight stay in a nearby hotel to the airport ^
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101

I think the biggest hurdle for you would be to find I availability on the CAI-LHR flight on a Friday. I checked from now until the end of July and there is none on any Friday.
Entirely to be expected, given the limited number of BA CW seats these days on this route coupled with the fact that Thursday is generally the last day of the work week in the MENA region - and both visiting businessmen and Egyptians favour the Friday morning ex-CAI departure.

Having said that, Mrs PtF and I have got lucky and been able to upgrade WT+ to CW using Avios on BA154 (CAI LHR) on the last Friday in September.
Calchas likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by haroon145
has anyone come up with a routing from dfw to hnl included?
Check my post #215 upthread
Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by nk15
Has anyone been able to book all segments with BA codes, and the transcon in A, for $1700-1800? Because for AA flyers the A class fare doesn't help if you get two other segments with AA codes, from an EQD perspective it's a wash or probably worse...

Also, is it possible to get a stopover at ORD for less than $2k?
Presently planning a second ticket for this route.

For the first, Jan 2018, I couldn't manage to get BA codeshares on LAX-HNL-LAX myself, but booking through BA GGLine solved it. If crediting to AA, this is essential, IIRC.

Leaving your ORD question for others to answer.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by onobond
Presently planning a second ticket for this route.

For the first, Jan 2018, I couldn't manage to get BA codeshares on LAX-HNL-LAX myself, but booking through BA GGLine solved it. If crediting to AA, this is essential, IIRC.

Leaving your ORD question for others to answer.
Just to double check, does that mean you can get all flights on BA code across the board from CAI-HNL?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ubiest
Just to double check, does that mean you can get all flights on BA code across the board from CAI-HNL?
Yes, check my posts #215 & 217 upthread for expedia links (I fares).

Last edited by nk15; Sep 16, 2017 at 11:22 am
Old Sep 16, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Yes.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Yes, check my posts #215 & 217 upthread for expedia links (I fares).
Originally Posted by SFO777
Yes.
should've been more explicit -> all BA codes using the 4 segment routing CAI-LON-JFK-LAX-HNL.
I can't seem to get the LAX-HNL as BA code on ITA matrix ever. Could you get BA coded LAX-HNL by calling BA?
Only routing with 4 segments I have achieved this on ITA Matrix is CAI-LHR-YYZ-LAX-HNL.

Could this be a practical consequence of the no BA code unless preceded by a BA coded international flight?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
should've been more explicit -> all BA codes using the 4 segment routing CAI-LON-JFK-LAX-HNL.
I can't seem to get the LAX-HNL as BA code on ITA matrix ever. Could you get BA coded LAX-HNL by calling BA?
Only routing with 4 segments I have achieved this on ITA Matrix is CAI-LHR-YYZ-LAX-HNL.

Could this be a practical consequence of the no BA code unless preceded by a BA coded international flight?
Correct, if you want JFK-LAX-HNL then you have to have an AA code on the LAX-HNL segment. Also if you want to use the "I0 books into A-class" part of the fare rules, then I believe that connection has to be the same day as the BA TATL flight connecting to it?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
ITA has its limitations. It doesn't show all available flights. You can spoon feed the flight number (from EF) but that gets tedious and time consuming.
I'd just call BA, give the agent the BA fight numbers you want and he/she should be able to book it.

Originally Posted by Airprox
Also if you want to use the "I0 books into A-class" part of the fare rules, then I believe that connection has to be the same day as the BA TATL flight connecting to it?
Don't think so. I have LAX-JFK "I0 booked into A" in April. Then JFK-LHR-CAI in August.

Last edited by SFO777; Sep 16, 2017 at 5:00 pm
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:32 pm

If going LAX to HNL is routed via DFW or PHX to fly the 777 or A333 would it be any exceeding of MPM or not and if you yes what is the approximate fare increases will be?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
If going LAX to HNL is routed via DFW or PHX to fly the 777 or A333 would it be any exceeding of MPM or not and if you yes what is the approximate fare increases will be?
The fare via DFW both ways with all BA numbers and I fares is $1844. See my post #215 upthread...

Last edited by nk15; Sep 16, 2017 at 4:58 pm
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Onobod above said he did it by calling the BA GGLine, but he didn't say if and how much more it cost...I assume it will be at least a tad more.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 12:43 am

The fare via DFW both ways with all BA numbers and I fares is $1844. See my post #215 upthread...
Sorry but I guess you did not get my point correctly. I meant if you fly this way: CAI-LHR-NYC-LAX-DFW(or PHX)-HNL and back would that routing still cost $ 1,844?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Is it possible to get the same fare from CAI but open-jaw this by returning to TLV rather than CAI?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.