Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by nh1980
Anyone done Alitalia to BA? I'm positioning with AZ at the end of Oct, arrive CAI 02.35, booked Novotel then on the 09.35 BA to LHR so fingers crossed no issues (seen that Novotel will come and meet at immigration)

For the return however no hotel, planning to be at mercy of transit- I arrive in CAI at 00.35 with BA, then leave with AZ at 04.30, which is the same terminal (T2). Plan is to do hand luggage only from HNL, but use the earlier 8hr layover I have at LHR to go home and dump roller so that I do CAI turn with just a small bag. Hellish 10hr transit in FCO though. Will assess my experience on this before booking hotels/pos. Flights for my May 18 trip!
Given that you already have plans to use this fare again for another trip and it allows stopovers, you should have just started your next one when you arrive in CAI. Saves needing positioning flights every time, you just start the next one and have a stopover in LON. You have to pay UK APD of £150 though, but it's worth it to save having to go to CAI at the start of the next trip. You can avoid this by complicated routings via DUB if you wish.
nh1980 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: One World, Virgin
Originally Posted by dutch_122
haroon145,

Just booked 2 trips 90 minutes, JFK-LAX in A-class.
Sent me pm with preferred routing if help needed and BAEC number.
Look tomorrow when atbwork again.

dutch_122
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:42 am

Anyone able to help me find this routing in June or July? Thank you so much in advance.. I'm having the hardest time finding these routes.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by machvista
Anyone able to help me find this routing in June or July? Thank you so much in advance.. I'm having the hardest time finding these routes.
What are you trying to achieve? Please be more specific and I can help you. Give me preferred dates and routings, preferred airlines/aircraft and transit points.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
What are you trying to achieve? Please be more specific and I can help you. Give me preferred dates and routings, preferred airlines/aircraft and transit points.
I'd like to leave Cairo on July 7 or late June. Transit points, I'd like to spend a bit of time in HNL if possible (2-3 days), and then go back to Cairo after HNL. As for airline, it does not matter as long as it still gives me a business option.

I don't mind anything else in regards to airline, transit points, etc...

Thank you so much!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:28 pm

I'd like to leave Cairo on July 7 or late June. Transit points, I'd like to spend a bit of time in HNL if possible (2-3 days), and then go back to Cairo after HNL. As for airline, it does not matter as long as it still gives me a business option.

I don't mind anything else in regards to airline, transit points, etc...

Thank you so much!
How about this for starters?
Attached Images  
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:52 pm

How about this for starters?
Amazing!! do you have a link I can use to book this? Or where do I go to book this?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:09 pm

Smile Routing Help Needed for this deal.

If anyone can please help me find this route around the following dates, it will be greatly appreciated:

Cairo - LAX - 4/1

LAX - HNL - 7/13 (or any day in July)

HNL - LAX - 7/19 (or 5-6 days after arrival into HNL)

LAX - LHR - 8/2 or 8/9

LHR - Cairo - 8/5 or 8/12

Thanks in advance. I would love to jump on this fare if I can ^
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:12 pm

Amazing!! do you have a link I can use to book this? Or where do I go to book this?
Call BA, or use a Travel Agent, to book. Feed the agent the exact flight numbers and dates. They are very used to this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hamzaf91
If anyone can please help me find this route around the following dates, it will be greatly appreciated:
Here's an idea. How about reading the helpful posts in this thread and figuring it out yourself.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by nh1980
For the return however no hotel, planning to be at mercy of transit- I arrive in CAI at 00.35 with BA, then leave with AZ at 04.30, which is the same terminal (T2). Plan is to do hand luggage only from HNL, but use the earlier 8hr layover I have at LHR to go home and dump roller so that I do CAI turn with just a small bag. Hellish 10hr transit in FCO though. Will assess my experience on this before booking hotels/pos. Flights for my May 18 trip!
Yeah, as we travel around we realize that every place is not AMS or SIN.

Still, 4 hrs in CAI is more a routine connection than a "transit". It will amount to no more than 1 hr of really free time.

Now, 10 hrs in FCO is a different story. I am not familiar with FCO, but you do have to be prepared for it with basic comfort and entertainment items of your own.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by hamzaf91

Cairo - LAX - 4/1

LAX - HNL - 7/13 (or any day in July)

HNL - LAX - 7/19 (or 5-6 days after arrival into HNL)

LAX - LHR - 8/2 or 8/9

LHR - Cairo - 8/5 or 8/12

Thanks in advance. I would love to jump on this fare if I can ^
You cannot get your exact dates, based on I class availability, but this is close enough - the last LHR-CAI would be on the 10th Aug, but you could move your LAX-LHR to give you more time in London if you wanted.
Attached Images  
aktchi likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I found one for £1,221 the other day and could barely believe it.

Now I can't remember exactly how I did it, lol.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
...the last LHR-CAI would be on the 10th Aug...
Why is 8/10 the last date? Just curious. The BA fare IRCME, upon which the itinerary is based, does not have any such expiration. (However, this is from a quick scan at EF; I haven't tried to ticket anything with such dates.)

Last edited by aktchi; Sep 27, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by G-ARVE
..And in the same vein, am arriving CAI on the BA 321 (00.35) T2 and am looking to leave next morning on the 09.10 MS service back to LHR from T3. I would rather avoid staying in a hotel for a few hours or even a day and a few hours, so is it feasible to remain in the airport during the layover? A question for PtF, the resident CAI guru.....
Hmm...maybe scratch that request. Have now read the Skytrax CAI airport reviews which have absolutely and universally panned the place. So the prospect of doing a wee-hours turnaround there after 4 days of longhauls -and with the final leg back to LHR by MS in Y has well and truly lost its attraction. I could do with the TPs and do need the BA leg to make the 4 eligible flights but on reflection perhaps not that badly.

Is CAI really that bad??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.