Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Keter
As it was available for ALL to/ from US BA fares for around 3 months i guess many people just got it for granted. I doubt CAI traffic has any big share here.

The review of financials from codesharing with AA for some period of time is probably where the reason is.
Good point, so it wasn't deal specific. Anyway, this problem has resolved itself, it seems, lol...

Last edited by nk15; Sep 21, 2017 at 8:11 am
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:02 am

How does seat selection work for the AA trasncon segments? When I view my booking on BA.com, I can select seats for the BA flights. For the AA flights, it transfers me to AA.com but I can only select seats for the LAX-HNL segments. No option to choose seats for the JFK-LAX part.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
How does seat selection work for the AA trasncon segments? When I view my booking on BA.com, I can select seats for the BA flights. For the AA flights, it transfers me to AA.com but I can only select seats for the LAX-HNL segments. No option to choose seats for the JFK-LAX part.
on AA coded flights you need to use AA confirmation code shown in the booking (or in checkmytrip).

on BA coded flights operated by AA clicking 'select seats' on BA.com will show you the AA operating carrier reservation number (different from AA code for AA coded flights), use this to select via AA.web

As a rule you need to open the operating carrier reservation in its home system/ website to select seats (not the marketing carrier reservation).
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:32 am

on AA coded flights you need to use AA confirmation code shown in the booking (or in checkmytrip).

on BA coded flights operated by AA clicking 'select seats' on BA.com will show you the AA operating carrier reservation number (different from AA code for AA coded flights), use this to select via AA.web

As a rule you need to open the operating carrier reservation in its home system/ website to select seats (not the marketing carrier reservation).
The AA res number for the AA coded flights is the same as the AA res number of the BA coded but AA operated flights (JFK-LAX). Consequently, both take me to the same reservation on aa.com and only the LAX-HNL segments let me select the seats.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:20 am

I checked the RBD 1 rule, no more 'A permitted'... The intern slowly gets experienced
Where can one find the RBD rules?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by aktchi
I believe it. However, that is even more pathetic: to get a trick killed without even taking advantage of it, just by blabbering about it in public.

The fact that very few people have booked these tickets does not mean they don't attract attention. They could still be a very large % or even 100% of the sold FC seats in some flight 10 months out. That will attract attention.
Some context

I think it was either Karfa Calchas or Dutch (cannot remember which one) who clearly identified in this forum (on the TP thread IIRC) in 2014 or 2015 that the way to 'force A on the transcon' was to book an BA fare where there was I0 - because this information was public, and given that the TP rules for 'fake first and 'real first' were the same at the time, this was of limited interest for many of the TP Runners here.

So no-one killed this trick by 'blabbing about it here' given that it has been widely discussed for at least 2 and I think 3 years.

In addition it has nothing to do with Cairo and was previously discussed as it applied to the ex-Dubs which were fashionable then.

Its easy to add 2 and 2 and get 22, but that doesn't make it correct.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by catharsis
Some context

I think it was either Karfa Calchas or Dutch (cannot remember which one) who clearly identified in this forum (on the TP thread IIRC) in 2014 or 2015 that the way to 'force A on the transcon' was to book an BA fare where there was I0 - because this information was public, and given that the TP rules for 'fake first and 'real first' were the same at the time, this was of limited interest for many of the TP Runners here.

So no-one killed this trick by 'blabbing about it here' given that it has been widely discussed for at least 2 and I think 3 years.

In addition it has nothing to do with Cairo and was previously discussed as it applied to the ex-Dubs which were fashionable then.

Its easy to add 2 and 2 and get 22, but that doesn't make it correct.
That's not a complete information. This BA trick was removed when AA consolidated their booking classes in January, as someone rewrote the rules to say I required when OFFERED (rather than AVAILABLE). this meant you could not go to A as I is always offered, just not available on some flights.

Someone silly in rev man loaded the wrong routing rules in June this year which were a copy-paste of rules pre-January thus allowing this trick to re-appear. Blabber here might have contributed to some other rev man person to notice the mistake and change the rules again.
catharsis likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
That's not a complete information. This BA trick was removed when AA consolidated their booking classes in January, as someone rewrote the rules to say I required when OFFERED (rather than AVAILABLE). this meant you could not go to A as I is always offered, just not available on some flights.

Someone silly in rev man loaded the wrong routing rules in June this year which were a copy-paste of rules pre-January thus allowing this trick to re-appear. Blabber here might have contributed to some other rev man person to notice the mistake and change the rules again.
Two things happened?

1) A when I was not available was the status quo prior to June, but is now over?
2) The June mistake meant all I fares were possible if you tweaked it right?

So both are now over, and its no longer possible to get A under any circumstances?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nufnuf77

thanks for clarifying.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by hugolover
Two things happened?

1) A when I was not available was the status quo prior to June, but is now over?
2) The June mistake meant all I fares were possible if you tweaked it right?

So both are now over, and its no longer possible to get A under any circumstances?
Almost!
A when I not available was status quo before January.
June mistake meant it re-appeared.
It was closed a couple of days ago, but no guarantee it won't come back one day in the future
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by hugolover
Those who change previously issued tickets may use historic fare rules depending on what they change And this is not time bound, the rules will not change if you do this anytime before the desired travel dates on the transcon sectors - so don't annoy BA right now haha
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:43 pm

I availability for all segments, but can't price

I am trying to put together a trip for April 2018.

Apr 1: CAI-JFK [stopover]
Apr 8: JFK-HNL
Apr 10: HNL-LAX [stopover
Apr 13: LAX-CAI

Using ExpertFlyer I've identified these days as having I availability on all segments. And yet when I try it in ITA Matrix, it insists on putting the outbound legs in other booking classes, such as R, and the fare code ends up being RRCME (more expensive) instead of IRCME. I get the same results on AA.com. Why is this?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by mhaines94108

Using ExpertFlyer I've identified these days as having I availability on all segments. And yet when I try it in ITA Matrix, it insists on putting the outbound legs in other booking classes, such as R, and the fare code ends up being RRCME (more expensive) instead of IRCME. I get the same results on AA.com. Why is this?

Make sure you are using the same point of sale and are not using BA prime flights on the Jfk lax and vv
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:58 pm

For £1343 + 45,000 avios
i booked cai to Mia via lhr
mia to dfw 777 flat seat
dfw to hnl 777
hnl to dfw 777
dfw to sjc
sjc to lhr

dublin to lhr to Cairo 5 months later

lhr to miami a380 and sjc to london upgraded to first

i think this is a great deal right?
SFO777, catharsis and megaloman like this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mhaines94108

It works in ITA...also in OTAs. This has the BA coded TATL segments on AA metal.

https://www.priceline.com/m/fly/sear...0&num-youths=0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.