Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
As of November 2017 the CAI-LHR departure time is 9.35am which is good for an overnight stay in a nearby hotel to the airport ^
Does anyone use the airport meet and greet services that the hotels offer?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:36 am

I'd also be curious about the electronics ban implications. Was thinking to short check my bag. Is 2 hrs 20 mins in LHR enough time to go through immigration (EU passport with chip) collect the checked in bag and get back through security?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
Meet and greet ESSENTIAL

Yes I've used it and having seen the state of the border checks and the normal immigration checks I would never go back to Cairo without it.

I believe the Airport Sheraton offers this free to all Platinum guests or possibly to all guests.... Worth checking.
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:44 am

Lounge?

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
I'd also be curious about the electronics ban implications. Was thinking to short check my bag. Is 2 hrs 20 mins in LHR enough time to go through immigration (EU passport with chip) collect the checked in bag and get back through security?
The ideal would be to leave a carry on bag with your electronics in the lounge at LHR before hading TO CAI if that was possible... I presume they will not mind a bag overnight though?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Sorry but I guess you did not get my point correctly. I meant if you fly this way: CAI-LHR-NYC-LAX-DFW(or PHX)-HNL and back would that routing still cost $ 1,844?
IRCME rules have 2 stopovers in each direction in Europe and 2 in North America. The itinerary you propose has 3 stops in NA, so it would push you to a higher fare basis. You'd have to check it in ITA Matrix.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by catharsis
The ideal would be to leave a carry on bag with your electronics in the lounge at LHR before hading TO CAI if that was possible... I presume they will not mind a bag overnight though?
Nice suggestion, but unfortunately I'm ex-EU so I have a direct MS flight to Cairo and won't be going via LHR.

I'm considering changing my LHR-JFK for a later flight, so I have enough time.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
Does anyone use the airport meet and greet services that the hotels offer?
I did it many times and it is perfect giving the price charged for.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 2:49 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
You can do LHR - JFK - LAX - HNL in one day if you get the earliest flight out of LHR. There should be plenty of availability from April onwards here.

I think the biggest hurdle for you would be to find I availability on the CAI-LHR flight on a Friday. I checked from now until the end of July and there is none on any Friday.

You can do fly on another day and do a stopover in LHR, but this would trigger extra taxes. Some people have avoided this tax by doing CAI-LHR// DUB-LHR-JFK...etc. Then buying a seperate ticket from London to Dublin. There are extra risks to this though in case something goes wrong.
As of November 2017 the CAI-LHR departure time is 9.35am which is good for an overnight stay in a nearby hotel to the airport ^
Thanks both!

ITA was showing only Y availability on the CAI-LHR leg, so I figured there was no I inventory for Sale.

In terms of doing LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL in one day, I'm aware, and the timings are pretty safe, so that's the easy bit.

The CAI-LHR is the challenging element, but in theory, there would be no APD payable if I arrive at LHR on the Friday, and then depart early Saturday morning.

M
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
in theory, there would be no APD payable if I arrive at LHR on the Friday, and then depart early Saturday morning.

M
in theory and in practice
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:39 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Calchas
in theory and in practice
Shame I cant get the fare to work for me - I quite fancied joining the HNL Club!

M
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Do we have to spoon-feed everything until the fare dies? Do your homework, people.
aktchi and rossmacd like this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by catharsis
Yes I've used it and having seen the state of the border checks and the normal immigration checks I would never go back to Cairo without it.

I believe the Airport Sheraton offers this free to all Platinum guests or possibly to all guests.... Worth checking.
Are there any other hotels that offer this? I have my first CAI-HNL trip in three weeks. I generally get frustrated quickly in situations where there aren't orderly lines and clear procedures.

What about departure assistance services? Can anyone make a recommendation for that?

I found these two links online:

https://capsegypt.com/
http://www.cairo-airport.com/service..._servicese.asp

CAPS' service is just $25 for Meet & Assist, whereas VIP is $100. It seems like for the extra $75 you get lounge access and a car. It was unclear where the car takes you. Is that just a luxury, or does it save you from pushing and shoving through crowds?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Shame I cant get the fare to work for me - I quite fancied joining the HNL Club!
You could do LHR-CAL-LHR mid week in September, then continue to Hawaii from DUB in October on a day of your choice... ticket allows free stopovers and embedded surface sectors. I've got the following bookend:
CAI-LHR in December
HEL-JFK // JFK-LAX-HNL // HNL-LAX // LAX-MIA-LHR in January
MAD-LHR-CAI in April

Afaik DUB is the cheapest to start your onward journey
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by mhaines94108
Are there any other hotels that offer this? I have my first CAI-HNL trip in three weeks. I generally get frustrated quickly in situations where there aren't orderly lines and clear procedures.

What about departure assistance services? Can anyone make a recommendation for that?

I found these two links online:

https://capsegypt.com/
http://www.cairo-airport.com/service..._servicese.asp

CAPS' service is just $25 for Meet & Assist, whereas VIP is $100. It seems like for the extra $75 you get lounge access and a car. It was unclear where the car takes you. Is that just a luxury, or does it save you from pushing and shoving through crowds?
Novotel offer complimentary meet and greet service
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
You could do LHR-CAL-LHR mid week in September, then continue to Hawaii from DUB in October on a day of your choice... ticket allows free stopovers and embedded surface sectors. I've got the following bookend:
CAI-LHR in December
HEL-JFK // JFK-LAX-HNL // HNL-LAX // LAX-MIA-LHR in January
MAD-LHR-CAI in April

Afaik DUB is the cheapest to start your onward journey
Just to everyone who mentions embedded surface sectors - I know this is not officially a TP run thread but I still get an involuntary twitch when people leave 40 (or 80!) TP on the table.

flying CAI-LHR-DUB//Dub-xxx-xxx-HNL and nesting a DUB-LHR return inside the stopover would seem like a more efficient use of the fare by getting an additional 40TP instead of discarding it and getting a surface sector- and if booking a long way out, a cash return fare may be cheap enough that even an RFS Avios ticket is not much of a saving - thereby granting another 10(or more) TPs.

Given the arrival time in LHR from CAI in early-afternoon, it should be pretty easy to get both to and from Dublin that afternoon, hence essentially losing very little useful time that day, and getting at least an extra 40TP for the privilege.

same general point applies to HEL, albeit the timings are slightly trickier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.