Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:39 pm

I reckon this fare can be stretched to 1,400 TPs relatively easily for £1,289 - £0.92/TP. Requires 2-3 nights in Hawaii and the use of a GUF.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I reckon this fare can be stretched to 1,400 TPs relatively easily for £1,289 - £0.92/TP. Requires 2-3 nights in Hawaii and the use of a GUF.
yes. but the arent many segments to use the GUF on...
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
yes. but the arent many segments to use the GUF on...
Yes, only the 2. But decent use of a GUF nonetheless.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
is 1540 not (relatively) easily achievable by routing cai-lhr-dme-jfk-lax-hnl or similar and paying the MPM excess?

Does cai-lhr-hel-jfk-lax(A)-hnl not come to (140+80+140+210+140=) 710 each way and hence in excess of 1400 is available without a GUF as long as one can find the required dates to force A travel on the Transcon?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by catharsis
is 1540 not (relatively) easily achievable by routing cai-lhr-dme-jfk-lax-hnl or similar and paying the MPM excess?

Does cai-lhr-hel-jfk-lax(A)-hnl not come to (140+80+140+210+140=) 710 each way and hence in excess of 1400 is available without a GUF as long as one can find the required dates to force A travel on the Transcon?
Entirely possible, but fairly brutal routing.

A more simple CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL and return with the Transcons in A and the TATLs upgraded for F using a GUF will net 1,400 TPs. Much simpler and easier journey for those with GUFs that they cannot burn.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by catharsis

is there a dme jfk in BA coded? i knew there is hel jfk in BA code

i test out a routing cai lhr hel jfk lax hnl lax jfk hel lhr cai by paying over mpm.

if they allow surface sector, maybe cai lhr, dme lhr jfk lax hnl is possible?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:28 pm

A more simple CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL and return with the Transcons in A and the TATLs upgraded for F using a GUF will net 1,400 TPs. Much simpler and easier journey for those with GUFs that they cannot burn.
140+140+210+140= 630.

it is not clear you can get A class bonus for upgrade using GUF (i thought it is upgrade into award class unless booked at travel agent, but travel agent booking can only have 4 sectors which is not applicable in this case.)
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:30 pm

it is not clear you can get A class bonus for upgrade using GUF (i thought it is upgrade into award class unless booked at travel agent, but travel agent booking can only have 4 sectors which is not applicable in this case.)
Not correct. I suggest you find a better Travel Agent!
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:35 pm

Not correct. I suggest you find a better Travel Agent!
just checked, u maybe right.

travel agent can apply GUF2 on more complicated booking than I had expected.. good to know
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: IC Amb :-(, UA silver, BA Gold, SPG Plat, A-Club Plat, Marriott Plat
is there a dme jfk in BA coded? i knew there is hel jfk in BA code

i test out a routing cai lhr hel jfk lax hnl lax jfk hel lhr cai by paying over mpm.

if they allow surface sector, maybe cai lhr, dme lhr jfk lax hnl is possible?
I don't know exactly how surface sector works but I think it counts as a connection - which would put you over your limit ? (although I had an OJ on one of these fares OGG/LIH so perhaps not?)

another 'wrinkle' is to see whether anyone has managed to make the EI flights DUB-MIA or DUB-JFK for that matter work using he BA codeshares? - for those adding dublin as a stop to avoid APD for stopping over in LHR (and the extra 40TPs) this could be an interesting options - IMO it's also way better than CW unless flying UD 747, and is far better than the AA 767 dub-JFK

EDITED TO ADD: It appears that there are no BA codeshares published o the EI transatlantic routes ? (according to EF) - I thought this had been done long ago , I'm surprised, I'm sure some FT searching will reveal the reason.

Last edited by catharsis; Sep 15, 2017 at 6:45 pm Reason: answering my own question
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:32 am

has anyone come up with a routing from dfw to hnl included?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond

Bingo. This is exactly what I booked yesterday evening. I was careful to select really decent flight times across the board and have a 3 night treat in Hawaii. Clearly I could only GUF the LHR-JFK and return flights. Was quite happy on the upper deck of the 747 and an AA 777 on the return originally but I had an expiring GUF to play with so changed the return to be with BA in its flying dormitory but upgraded to First of course.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:38 am

Just to add something about the min stay.

I read earlier in this thread that there was a 3 day min stay, so that's what I booked. I was playing around with it this morning and I actually got it down to a 12 hour stay in HNL. I don't really have any interest in staying in HNL. I was able to extend my stopover in LAX to 3 nights, which is much better for me. Could have stayed less if I wanted to.

Called the BA line and was able to change it for free. 2 days ago, I booked the AA TATL flights, then changed to BA 747s within the 24 hour cooling off period. I believe that this actually meant they cancelled and rebooked, triggering another 24 hour cooling off period.

Anyway, was able to switch my HNL - LAX flight so I just have 14 hours overnight in HNL. It was possible to do a turnaround, but I figured JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX would be too much to do in one go.

One other interesting point I remembered is that when I made my original booking the agent mentioned the change fees as being a few hundred Egyptian Pounds (less than £20). Don't know if this is per segment, but it's very reasonable either way.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:48 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
For the ex-CAI flights, presumably it involves positioning the night before?

Has anyone managed to make this fare work by doing

FRIDAY: CAI-LHR
SATURDAY: LHR-HNL

I need to be in London on Friday evenings, hence the odd query.

M
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
For the ex-CAI flights, presumably it involves positioning the night before?

Has anyone managed to make this fare work by doing

FRIDAY: CAI-LHR
SATURDAY: LHR-HNL

I need to be in London on Friday evenings, hence the odd query.

M
You can do LHR - JFK - LAX - HNL in one day if you get the earliest flight out of LHR. There should be plenty of availability from April onwards here.

I think the biggest hurdle for you would be to find I availability on the CAI-LHR flight on a Friday. I checked from now until the end of July and there is none on any Friday.

You can do fly on another day and do a stopover in LHR, but this would trigger extra taxes. Some people have avoided this tax by doing CAI-LHR// DUB-LHR-JFK...etc. Then buying a seperate ticket from London to Dublin. There are extra risks to this though in case something goes wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.