Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:01 pm

Sure! Especially that I will have plenty of time at CAI airport
Ole Laustsen likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I also booked one recently, couldn't resist...After playing for a long time with the ITA matrix and getting nothing bookable, I was able to book it straight with Expedia, the way I wanted it, more or less...

CAI-LHR-DFW (stopover), DFW-HNL (vacation) HNL-DFW (stopover) DFW-LHR-CAI, with two stopovers at DFW and the HNL as a separate side trip (vacation).

All 6 segments in lie flat seats (3 AA, one upper deck BA 747), all in BA codes, all in I class:

~$1,800
21,400 BIS miles
5,350 EQDs
32,100 EQMs
48,150 RDMs with the EXP bonus.

The one thing I learned with playing with it in Expedia is that it is easier to get stopovers in DFW and LAX, without it pricing higher. Routing via DFW would give you the most miles, and lie flats to HNL. PHX also has lie flats to HNL, but not LAX.
aktchi, pbd456 and ricktassie like this.

Last edited by nk15; Sep 8, 2017 at 8:49 pm
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by nk15
I also booked one recently, couldn't resist...After playing for a long time with the ITA matrix and getting nothing bookable, I was able to book it straight with Expedia, the way I wanted it, more or less...

CAI-LHR-DFW (stopover), DFW-HNL (vacation) HNL-DFW (stopover) DFW-LHR-CAI, with two stopovers at DFW and the HNL as a separate side trip (vacation).

All 6 segments in lie flat seats (3 AA, one upper deck BA 747), all in BA codes, all in I class:

~$1,800
21,400 BIS miles
5,350 EQDs
32,100 EQMs

The one think I learned with playing with it in Expedia is that it is easier to get stopovers in DFW and LAX, without it pricing higher. Routing via DFW would give you the most miles, and lie flats to HNL. PHX also has lie flats to HNL, but not LAX.
I believe you can go up to 25% over MPM, just have to pay for the extra mileage.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:07 pm

~$1,800
21,400 BIS miles
5,350 EQDs
32,100 EQMs

The one think I learned with playing with it in Expedia is that it is easier to get stopovers in DFW and LAX, without it pricing higher. Routing via DFW would give you the most miles, and lie flats to HNL. PHX also has lie flats to HNL, but not LAX.

Do you mind sharing the dates? Im looking for a similar one next April but the prices are way more.

thanks
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ricktassie
Do you mind sharing the dates? Im looking for a similar one next April but the prices are way more.

thanks
Mine is spread over several months because it fits my schedule. Here is a basic setup for April via DFW, with two stopovers there, for ~$1800. I believe the key is to start before April 5 and probably avoid flying on weekends...play with it.

https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Sear...ww.expedia.com
ricktassie likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:38 pm

Mine is spread over several months because it fits my schedule. Here is a basic setup for April via DFW, with two stopovers there, for ~$1800. I believe the key is to start before April 5 and probably avoid flying on weekends...play with it.

wow - this is so nice of you!! thank you so much!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ricktassie
wow - this is so nice of you!! thank you so much!
You're welcome. Or this, more straight up...

Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't want to state the obvious here, but someone could book 2 of these back to back and be done with this or next year's Emerald (BA or AA) requalification in a week...just sayin...
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
I don't want to state the obvious here, but someone could book 2 of these back to back and be done with this or next year's Emerald (BA or AA) requalification in a week...just sayin...
i wish i could do this.

i can price cai lhr lax dfw hnl dfw lax lhr cai..
probably doable to add another sector intra europe
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:07 am

Just a heads up for anyone ex-EU. You can often find BA Premium Economy flights to Cairo for around £550. That's 200 tier points extra. While not the most efficient ratio, you can UuA these to business class for 24k avios, which is quite a good deal. And these still earn the WTP avios/tier points.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pbd456
i wish i could do this.

i can price cai lhr lax dfw hnl dfw lax lhr cai..
probably doable to add another sector intra europe
Two back to back trips will solve the re-positioning to CAI issue for the second trip, and it doesn't even have to be in the same week...because of the free stopovers, you can book the return to CAI from the first trip several months out followed immediately by the start of the second trip.

The only caution though is two back to back trips will probably get you honorary 4S status for a year, more than two back to back will probably get you on the no fly list, lol...
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two back to back trips will solve the re-positioning to CAI issue for the second trip, and it doesn't even have to be in the same week...because of the free stopovers, you can book the return to CAI from the first trip several months out followed immediately by the start of the second trip.

The only caution though is two back to back trips will probably get you honorary 4S status for a year, more than two back to back will probably get you on the no fly list, lol...
I know of people going between CAI and HNL several times in a month. Either the Americans don't find out about it or they are not interested.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calchas
I know of people going between CAI and HNL several times in a month. Either the Americans don't find out about it or they are not interested.
Wow, sounds like a lot, do they work there or are they professional mileage runners?
Calchas likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, sounds like a lot, do they work there or are they professional mileage runners?
Some people have sufficiently flexible expenses that as long as they turn up for the right meetings in the right places and the total price is less than X, no one cares how they got between them.

Other people are a mystery to me.

I have been trying to squeeze one of these trips in too without taking a day off, and of course the fact that stopovers are permitted without restriction is very useful.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calchas
Some people have sufficiently flexible expenses that as long as they turn up for the right meetings in the right places and the total price is less than X, no one cares how they got between them.

Other people are a mystery to me.

I have been trying to squeeze one of these trips in too without taking a day off, and of course the fact that stopovers are permitted without restriction is very useful.
Wow, are you saying that their actual route may be something like LHR-LAX/NYC and they are using this fare to get there, interesting, lol...That's next level stuff...

Last edited by nk15; Sep 10, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.