Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ba/aa cai-lhr-lax-hnl (840 tp)= us$1556

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC
Hi Folks!

Forgive me if this is not the right forum.

I've been searching for some info about the process of arriving to JFK internationally and departing domestically - CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX Layover about 2,5hrs (JFK). Does anyone know what to expect? and originating from CAI would I be selected for "further questions" (I'm Danish)?

I suppose I have to go through customs and immigration but I also heard that I need to pick up my luggage and check-in again? how long does all of this take? Sorry for all the questions, AA haven't cared to answer me thus the questions here

Thanks for a great forum!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
I dont think boston works
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ole Laustsen
It's not. And a moderator has been notified.

But I am willing to wager that this question has been asked (and answered) many times in both the BA and AA forums.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks all, I'll set aside some 'expert flyer' time tomorrow to try to figure out my route.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Not sure why but it seems second security will be expected if your reservation departs from Egypt.

For transit at JFK. Yes, I believe you have to take all your luggage when passing through customer. Unless you are taking Etihad, then you will pass customer and immigration via AUH.
2.5 hr transit should be fine if there is not a long queue at the passport control. However, I'd rather make it 3.5 hours, just in case.

Hi Folks!

I've been searching for some info about the process of arriving to JFK internationally and departing domestically - CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX Layover about 2,5hrs (JFK). Does anyone know what to expect? and originating from CAI would I be selected for "further questions" (I'm Danish)?

I suppose I have to go through customs and immigration but I also heard that I need to pick up my luggage and check-in again? how long does all of this take? Sorry for all the questions, AA haven't cared to answer me thus the questions here

Thanks for a great forum!
Ole Laustsen likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

I've been searching for some info about the process of arriving to JFK internationally and departing domestically - CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX Layover about 2,5hrs (JFK).
Much depends on whether the arriving flight is BA metal (T7 at JFK) or AA metal (T8). The distance between the two terminals is not geographically far, but you must take a landside monorail (AirTrain, direction Jamaica Station or Howard Beach) between the two terminals. I believe that the legal minimum connecting time is 2 hours, so try not to linger/dawdle. [If you succeeded in ticketing "A" class on the AA flight to LAX, make a point of visiting AA's Flagship First Check-in facility, as it permits you to jump to the front of the T8 security line. Otherwise, look for the Priority security line.]

Re U.S. Immigration, I find that it's always best to initially answer a verbal enquiry "Where are you coming from" with the place that I embarked on the flight that I just deplaned (i.e. London Heathrow). Generally the question is intended just to clarify which flight (of potentially scores of arriving flights) you were on.

P.S. this is definitely the wrong forum for this kind of discussion.
Ole Laustsen likes this.

Last edited by jbalmuth; Sep 24, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:35 am

Somehow only just spotted this thread. Read through it all to get some ideas.

Have priced up a CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL|HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-CAI on Matrix all in I class and finally got it to work on American Airlines multicity, where it actually comes out at less. £1,106.50 in total.

Cairo is a total ballache to connect through; I've been stuck in the "transit area" for 6 hours before. But worth it for all the TP!a

I wanted to buy it through AA, as I have $1000 voucher from a volunteer bumping on my last HNL TP run. So works out very cheaply!

Thanks everyone! Might keep playing around to try and add some extra TPs in, but otherwise I'm happy with this!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:44 am

could you post a link to the deal you got for £1100?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by rads60
AA has refiled its I fare at BA level for the 3rd or 4th time after increasing it several times That is just a comedy frankly

But AA has lower fuel surcharge.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Keter
AA has refiled its I fare at BA level for the 3rd or 4th time after increasing it several times That is just a comedy frankly

But AA has lower fuel surcharge.
Is this very recent!? I checked recently the fare on AA and it is still higher than BA!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rads60
+1
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I can price it on the matrix (1235 EUR) but errors when clicking through. Difficult to find I class on some of the segments.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I too have similar difficulties researching availability on EF, and getting ITA to price the resulting itinerary.

What I find at EF, what complete itineraries look like at ITA, and what cabins and prices eventually prove ticketable at OTAs, are all often different things.

However, it is fun looking around and I am usually able to find something.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Many of you have been dealing with this fare longer than I have, so let me ask you a question (no sensitive secrets):

One of the CAI-USA-CAI trips I am looking for is in April-July 2018 period. For something like that, do you expect the prices and availability to be better in Autumn 2017 or Winter 2018? IOW, do I ticket the best I can find now, or wait till Jan-Feb?

Just asking for experience-based gut feeling. I understand that none of us knows the future.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I can easily get £1,300 on GF and follow through to AA website. For those UK based you can get I class on CAI-LHR on Sundays in June / July and then do the trip LHR onwards the following week(s) and it doesn't increase the price. Quite tempting

Simple (non TP heavy) example:

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...CAI1BA155;sc=b

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.