Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:33 am

Just off the phone with the OTA I booked with (read back to find which one that was). Unlike rossmacd I didn't get the confirmation of ticketing that I was told to expect. We booked the exact same route which fell down on the final sector.

It seems the OTA at least, have woken up to the error fare as they are now escalating the price with the airline themselves and are not issuing my ticket, at least until they have spoken with the airline on how to proceed. They quoted specifically that the price for this fare was far cheaper than it should have been so they need to check with the airline. At first I was told I needed to wait a month, then it was 7 days, and then I was told I would receive a phone call once they had decided how to proceed.

So at least in my case, the shimmering light of hope, looks like it might be fading. Fingers crossed for everyone else.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by remf
Just off the phone with the OTA I booked with (read back to find which one that was). Unlike rossmacd I didn't get the confirmation of ticketing that I was told to expect. We booked the exact same route which fell down on the final sector.

It seems the OTA at least, have woken up to the error fare as they are now escalating the price with the airline themselves and are not issuing my ticket, at least until they have spoken with the airline on how to proceed. They quoted specifically that the price for this fare was far cheaper than it should have been so they need to check with the airline. At first I was told I needed to wait a month, then it was 7 days, and then I was told I would receive a phone call once they had decided how to proceed.

So at least in my case, the shimmering light of hope, looks like it might be fading. Fingers crossed for everyone else.
That seems very unlikely to have a positive outcome. Seems some OTAs are more on the ball than one would expect.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, FB Gold

Phoned as well, I have confirmation number, but no e-tick. I have requested it, but they said everything was fine and resend the confirmation again. They told me that with my confirmation number I can select seats etc...(which I cannot btw)
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by j390792
Landed in Narita!!
So here's more about my experience so far

I booked my tix via expedia.it.
Thanks for this wonderful story. My itinerary FLR/BKK...HKG/DUS booked thru Expedia.com for August/November with a cruise at both ends: Rome/Rome and then BCN/London (Southampton). After arriving back in Civitavecchia (Rome), I will merely take Trenitalia to Firenze (cost 20 - 40 euros depending time of day and journey time), spend one night at nearby hotel at Sancta Maria Novella (train station), and then the SITA bus to FLR next morning for my FLR/FCO flight.

Hope this ticket gets honoured, because I have a lot of connections and positioning from HKG to make around this itinerary. Your story really raises my hopes.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:52 am

booked FLR-HKG(AF) & BKK-DUS(CX) through the big O, which shows all my segments, but when i go to Alitalia site it only shows FLR-HKG. is this normal?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:55 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Jermyn
Has anybody tried applying upgrades to any of their flights?
I remember people upgrading BA flights on the Viking fare without problems but that was one in which anything booked direct with the airlines was honoured.

Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea at this stage?
Would this help to obscure things from AZ (as a result of re-ticketing by EY) in the event of cancellations or would it make my ticket stand out (as a result of it being the most recently issued ticket on this fare)?

I have some EY segments which would be very nice to do in apartments
I would call up as soon as you can to upgrade, at the very least because it will put you into a different fare class - and thus if AZ were to do a full sweep cancellation, you may be exempted.

That being said, EY may be aware of the fare themselves, and may prevent upgrades - it really would be having your cake and eating it!

Good luck!

M
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:55 am

I have confirmation ID's for Air France (outbound) and AA (inbound). Air France showed my itinerary yesterday and could also look it up on AZ, but no e-tix obviously. Gone today. AA is still showing flight itinerary for one of my return segments.

Seems like it might be game over. Was fun whilst it lasted.

PS - looking at my CC statement, the OTA has already charged the booking fee of £21...
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:56 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tangoll
Your story really raises my hopes.
It shouldn't. Taking off on an EF right away is a different thing from booking it for travel in 9 months. ;-)
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Someone please tell me that this deal wasn't available on the AZ US website?! AmEx had a $160 back deal. And that I didn't miss out on getting $160 back?!?!

Details
Get a 1X $160 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $800+ directly with Alitalia by 12/31/2016. See terms for full exclusions.

Terms
Valid only for purchases made directly with Alitalia. Purchases must be made through alitalia.com/en_us/
This fare was only available through OTAs it seems (haven't seen anyone book directly with Alitalia) so even if it was available, you wouldn't have been able to get the cashback because, as you noted, it needs to be a direct booking with them to be eligible.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:57 am

I'm in a very tough situation here, can someone give me some advices please.
Currently I'm in Zurich,and have exchanged a CX ticket back to HongKong on the 15th Dec. Then I find out about this deal and booked one from FLR on the 17th Dec. Now I'm not sure weather my AZ ticket will be honored by then,and if I cancel my CX ticket,then I wouldn't be able to change the date before Jan as X'mas is coming. However I really need to get back home before X'mas, so what should I do? If I cancel the AZ ticket and stay with my original plan, there seems to be a cancelation fee to be paid. Is there any sort of rules by the EU that states the airline company can not cancel someone's ticket 48 or 72 hours before it takes off? It's not cheap to get to FLR from Zurich as well, I wouldn't want to take such a high risk. Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nolan89
I'm in a very tough situation here, can someone give me some advices please.
Currently I'm in Zurich,and have exchanged a CX ticket back to HongKong on the 15th Dec. Then I find out about this deal and booked one from FLR on the 17th Dec. Now I'm not sure weather my AZ ticket will be honored by then,and if I cancel my CX ticket,then I wouldn't be able to change the date before Jan as X'mas is coming. However I really need to get back home before X'mas, so what should I do? If I cancel the AZ ticket and stay with my original plan, there seems to be a cancelation fee to be paid. Is there any sort of rules by the EU that states the airline company can not cancel someone's ticket 48 or 72 hours before it takes off? It's not cheap to get to FLR from Zurich as well, I wouldn't want to take such a high risk. Thanks
If you need to travel, you only have two options:

Either travel on your CX flight as booked or rebook it so that it departs after your ex-FLR flight.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:04 am

How is Alitalia's FFP? If you're under 24 they have a youth program that gives 450% on AZ business flights and 2250 for the flr-fco segment
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by jlfriedman
booked FLR-HKG(AF) & BKK-DUS(CX) through the big O, which shows all my segments, but when i go to Alitalia site it only shows FLR-HKG. is this normal?
Same here.
AZ shows up only FLR-FCO-ICN-NRT but not retrun leg (NRT-AUH-DUS)
KE & EY show up the whole itinerary
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
I have confirmation ID's for Air France (outbound) and AA (inbound). Air France showed my itinerary yesterday and could also look it up on AZ, but no e-tix obviously. Gone today. AA is still showing flight itinerary for one of my return segments.

Seems like it might be game over. Was fun whilst it lasted.

PS - looking at my CC statement, the OTA has already charged the booking fee of £21...
Your ticket unfortunately wasn't issued as you say, so this isn't the same situation as for those who did manage to get tickets properly issued earlier on in the process. Those whose tickets have not issued by this point will 99.9% certainly be cancelled.

People are flying itineraries this week on these fares, so now it's a question of what happens for those who booked further on in the future.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:10 am

Wow, what a great deal if these flights are honoured.

I guess the people who have tickets for travel soon will be the ones who really will find out.

For those of us who have tickets next year we will have some time to see how AZ handle this

I have booked a few tickets and hope they do honour them. I am someone who very rarely turns left at the door and hope I can

Good luck to everyone

I hope you all get to travel on your cheap fares

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.