Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: Plenty
Travelup is surprisingly quiet.
My outbound got cancelled/rebooked and I did not get any update from them.
Does this mean that they are searching for a solution since UK consumers respectively their customers are protected under UK consumer act 75?
That would be a bummer
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by dparkinson
So far on my three itins:

Outbound on AF cxld, only return JNB-DUS on LH remains. No rebooking out of FLR
Outbound on AF cxld, booked Via FCO on AZ. return DAR-DUS on LX remains.
Outbound on BA remains, Return booked next day via FCO on AZ.

Of these, I'd think only 1 and 3 are even remotely viable but IDK. Thoughts?
check this on air france mobile app you will see "ticket not issued"

Last edited by luftair; Dec 17, 2016 at 9:57 am
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:17 am

Data point:
OTA: ebookers.de
route: FLR-CDG-JFK-LAS-LHR-DUS
when: april

14th Dec: @ AA website first segments were dropped and are not visible anymore. JFK-LAS-LHR-DUS still there for now.
17th Dec: Still no email from eBookers.de informing me about the changes
AA website: same as on 14th dec
Saudi website: original itin still intact
eBookers website: same, original itin still intact
Alitalia website: "Unable to locate reservation. Please try again."
Air France website: "Your reservation file is empty. Please contact our customer service for information about this file"

Will wait for news from OTA before calling them.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:17 am

I just asked Alitalia to offer some form of compensation. The Italian guy laughed and told me to hang up please. Then I persisted (kindly) asking him if he can speed up refund. He just hung up. I hope they go bankrupt. Incompetent, and frankly dishonest.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Tamos
Data point:
OTA: ebookers.de
route: FLR-CDG-JFK-LAS-LHR-DUS
when: april

14th Dec: @ AA website first segments were dropped and are not visible anymore. JFK-LAS-LHR-DUS still there for now.
17th Dec: Still no email from eBookers.de informing me about the changes
AA website: same as on 14th dec
Saudi website: original itin still intact
eBookers website: same, original itin still intact
Alitalia website: "Unable to locate reservation. Please try again."
Air France website: "Your reservation file is empty. Please contact our customer service for information about this file"

Will wait for news from OTA before calling them.
In exact same boat for my second ticket.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:34 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I see no benefit in waiting once the original reservation has been butchered.
It is something you can't/won't accept and to leave it to later only delays refunds.
In addition, I am and would suggest disputing the charges already on your credit
card based on services arbitrarily changed/deleted by AZ. This will at least give you
a credit and cause AZ to act faster since they will be debited quickly.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:36 am

I'm pretty chilled about it all, I'll just do a chargeback if necessary... no point waiting weeks for a refund in these circumstances.

What gets me is that I can find the exact itinerary they've changed my ticket to on google flights right now for less, which completely rubbishes their argument that this is what it should have been all along. Not to mention all the better, far cheaper carriers who I could do that journey with.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:39 am

Booked flr-sgn/akl-dus in february with expedia.de
First it was canceled the outbound and called expedia yestarday...they said that i have 2 options...full refund or to fly only the outbound... i told i will think about it
Today i called back and the itinerary was modified second time to flr-rom-dus/akl-dus... the lady from ota told me that i have to call alitalia for full refund because she received instructions from alitalia that the will manage the entire situation.also she didnt know what to say about my second change or if it will be resinstated...
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver, Finnair Silver, Marriott Silver, SPG Preffered Guest Plus
I've just found out that airfrance site has new ticket numbers for my booking kicked in the face by Alitalia. Were there some people who wanted to find those new tickets for easying the process of the return?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Why? They want "voluntary" cancellations.

Originally Posted by Bloomsbury
I'm pretty chilled about it all, I'll just do a chargeback if necessary... no point waiting weeks for a refund in these circumstances.

What gets me is that I can find the exact itinerary they've changed my ticket to on google flights right now for less, which completely rubbishes their argument that this is what it should have been all along. Not to mention all the better, far cheaper carriers who I could do that journey with.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by mikk13
if this is how their customer operation run, i can't help but question how the rest of the company (ie Aircraft maintenance, flight crew training etc) is going.
Poor customer service (agreed, amongst the worst in the whole industry) doesn't equate to poor aircraft maintenance, crew training and the likes, where AZ ranks amongst the 'top' airlines. Think twice before coming up with such moronic & fact-baseless comments or perhaps better stick to main topic.

G
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by thelister
I just asked Alitalia to offer some form of compensation. The Italian guy laughed and told me to hang up please. Then I persisted (kindly) asking him if he can speed up refund. He just hung up. I hope they go bankrupt. Incompetent, and frankly dishonest.
FYI - Their Italian call centre is outsourced and based in Albania so the Italian guy can easily be classed as customer service advisor or whatever you wish, regardless of his nationality. That aside, chargeback seems to be the quicker route at the moment (a few of us have already been successful when applying through Amex).

G
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Poor customer service (agreed, amongst the worst in the whole industry) doesn't equate to poor aircraft maintenance, crew training and the likes, where AZ ranks amongst the 'top' airlines. Think twice before coming up with such moronic & fact-baseless comments or perhaps better stick to main topic.

G
And you have seen the rest of their operation? It is run by the same people or am I missing something? Or are you so naive enough to think that the rest of the airline is suddenly run better than their front end operations?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
And you have seen the rest of their operation? It is run by the same people or am I missing something? Or are you so naive enough to think that the rest of the airline is suddenly run better than their front end operations?
Even though I understand your frustration (and share some of it), I always find it a bit sad when we reach that point in the process where we start bashing the airline, the OTAs and their employees, national cultures and the likes.

AZ staff are probably not in the best of moods right now, and with good reason. I have never had a problem with them in the past and I will wait a bit longer before drawing conclusions. Not handled well? Certainly. Necessary to bash the airline, country or employees? Certainly not.

Last edited by henkybaby; Dec 17, 2016 at 11:31 am
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:18 am

You are classing call centre and aircraft maintenance under the very same category, which is reason alone to get back to topic as you are clearly clueless. However, if you have any reason to suggest that it is unsafe to fly on one of their planes (based on facts and not fluff), feel free to open a different thread as you are clearly OT.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.