Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:47 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by maclover
Playing the error fare game is always fun, reading the discussions that follow is even more entertaining.
On the other hand, it's so demoralizing knowing how much hypocrisy is out there.
How true.

------

Note: please do not post if you still have an untouched itin in your hand. No matter if you do not write the exact routing. Just don't let AZ know whether they still exist at all, let alone the month. They are strictly monitoring this thread.

We all love to hear success stories in the aftermath, and laugh of this insane week.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 2:16 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Is there any reports of people booking with Vayama? Haven't seen a single report. Don't know if that's a good thing or not.
Yep. Mine got re-routed today.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 2:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Corriere della sera picked up a story on this error fare and rightly voices the frustration of AZ with the greed of 5000+ who booked this : http://www.corriere.it/cronache/16_d...d16731f0.shtml
Old Dec 17, 2016, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Corriere della sera picked up a story on this error fare and rightly voices the frustration of AZ with the greed of 5000+ who booked this : http://www.corriere.it/cronache/16_d...d16731f0.shtml
Maybe if they weren't such an incompetent airline in the first place they wouldn't have such a mess to deal with. An airline with such a poor way of dealing with people deserves no less.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 2:39 am

rightly voices the frustration of AZ with the greed of 5000+ who booked this
Hope you are ironic, also because the article doesn't mention any frustration from AZbut only repeat the unofficial reply they gave to an Italian forum which has been already posted here. (I am Italian)
After 10 days we do not have any official statement from AZ, but only re-routing and cancellations. I cannot access my res in AZ website, I have contacted them to get an official reply and in case I won't get it I will send a claim to the Italian aviation authority (ENAC). Let's see if they can provide an official reply instead of playing hide and seek.
I don't pretend to fly this ticket but I pretend an official reply from their side.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
credits to Travelocity

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
What are future credits? Are those 200 Euros to use on any future travel (i.e. flight, hotel, car rental etc.), or is this a point currency that results in some particular benefit? Thanks for clarifying!
only I can book Hotels and flight and Hotel for this credit of 200 canadian
Old Dec 17, 2016, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect AZ decided that they cannot cancel these tickets for legal reasons and is using re-routing to force passengers to cancel.@:-)

PNR notes: Passenger called to cancel. Refund granted as a gesture of goodwill.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Keter
QR 'realised' we made a mistake booking say BKK to PNH flights via DOH and generously fixed that for us to direct flights
If the ticket did not include a stopover, then they could indeed rebook you on the direct flight since they are supposed to bring you to your final destination through any agreed stops en-route (=stopover but not transit).
Old Dec 17, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Actually when I checked my itinerary on Expedia, AZ had cancelled my first two flights (on AZ codes). Not rerouted FLR-FCO-DUS, but cancelled. It left the two segments on another airline intact, spoiling their inventory.

And the article linked to above looks like a load of bull. Possibly AZ called the newspaper and offered them "an incentive" to publish a favourable story.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Data point:

OTA: expedia.com
route: FLR-AMS-CPT-LHR-DUS

14th Dec:
expedia sent an e-mail, that FLR-AMS-CPT had been cancelled, and replaced with FLR-FCO AZ Y

16th Dec:

expedia sent an e-mail, that FLR-FCO had been cancelled

The inbound flights remain intact... until I receive the third e-mail in a few days
Old Dec 17, 2016, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HeidiInTheAlps
just wondering about the schmucks who booked, not reading this thread, and never got an e-mail from e-bookers telling them their itinerary has been changed.

I still have no communication from e-bookers, via their site, everything looks as it did the day I book it. I know AZ tampered with it, because I can't pull the itinerary up on the respective webiste...

Wonder how many people will be showing up at the airport with a non-ticket, e-ticket?
So is ebookers not showing changes on the itinerary page? Mine is AF/KL only and is pulling up on AF site still. Boy did AZ screw up big time on this!
Old Dec 17, 2016, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
I suspect AZ decided that they cannot cancel these tickets for legal reasons and is using re-routing to force passengers to cancel.@:-)

PNR notes: Passenger called to cancel. Refund granted as a gesture of goodwill.
I think you have hit on the key point why Alitalia is requiring the pax to contact Alitalia to request a refund. According to a document on Pax Rights issued by ENAC, the Italian Civil Aviation Authority (with courtesy translation into English): the document is 37 pages long, but at the beginning on Reservations:

"Upon making a reservation passengers have the right to access information concerning:
• the air carrier that will carry out the flight
• the flight schedule
• the type of aircraft
• the airfare and any restrictions that may apply to it
• the reservation code (PNR - Passenger Name Record)
• liability limits of air carriers in case of death or injury of passengers
• liability limits in case of damage, destruction or loss of baggage
Each air carrier generally informs its passengers on the procedures and the timetable concerning the
check-in process. The carriage contract becomes effective by purchasing the ticket."

The last sentence is the key point: The "carriage contract" becomes effective when the ticket is purchased (presumably when payment is accepted by Alitalia). Everyone of us has a Carriage Contract with Alitalia, and to void that contract, Alitalia requires our specific request for a refund, thereby voiding the carriage contract. There must be other laws governing the carriage contract.

This must be also why Alitalia will not accept a refund request from the OTA.

Any legal minds can comment on this?

Last edited by tangoll; Dec 17, 2016 at 4:33 am Reason: minor editing corrections
Old Dec 17, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: BA
my LHR-FCO-FLR(3 night stay)-FCO-AUH-SYD(7 night stay)-AUH-DUS trip has been changed into

LHR-FCO-FLR(3 night stay)-FCO-DUS, so FCO-AUH-SYD is cancelled.

SYD-AUH-DUS still shows intact. Do I have any more rights since the trip starts in UK and is a more concrete example of a multi city booking?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Funky Spike
Was that the 2008 one? I did that with a paper ticket issued by Expedia, ended up making three changes to it too. How times have changed.......

Spike
Yep. Best one yet IMHO.

Originally Posted by Keter
QR 'realised' we made a mistake booking say BKK to PNH flights via DOH and generously fixed that for us to direct flights
I know a few who still flew via DOH. Did they give that option to some?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Numb3rs
my LHR-FCO-FLR(3 night stay)-FCO-AUH-SYD(7 night stay)-AUH-DUS trip has been changed into

LHR-FCO-FLR(3 night stay)-FCO-DUS, so FCO-AUH-SYD is cancelled.

SYD-AUH-DUS still shows intact. Do I have any more rights since the trip starts in UK and is a more concrete example of a multi city booking?
If you can, put in writing a demand to Allitalia to restore the itinerary that was in the carriage contract at the time the ticket was purchased? You might also check on the pax protection rights available under the UK's Civil Aviation Authority, which I think are similar to EC 261.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.