Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jvde
i booked with Expedia and my credit card has been charged so that's at least a good sign. i made 3 bookings, 2 of them got charged with a 15 euro fee and the other one with a 2.5 euro one.

I didn't see anything about a booking fee and could somebody explain to me why the 3rd one is only 2.5?

EDIT: right i went back to my expedia confirmation and noticed it said 15 euro booking fee. Still weird that some routes were 15 and other 2.5?
I have a similar question about ebookers.com (UK). While booking tickets I saw no mention of OTA booking fees, and when observing the total price per ticket, it was composed of just two lines, Flight: xxx, Taxes and Fees: yyy.
It was only when observing the credit card postings that I see charges of GBP 10.50 per ticket attributed to ebookers, not the issuing airline.

For regular ebookers.com users, are these GBP 10.50 per ticket fees business as usual, and if so, are they specified somewhere on their website? Assuming that issuing airlines decide to cancel all (or some) of these tickets, do you expect/know whether these OTA fees will be refunded? TIA!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, OZ Gold
Reservation cancelled-Booked on ebookers.com on Saturday morning FLR ATL TPA ATL LHR DUS 622GBP. Confirmed as booked by Sunday morning with AZ and AA PNRs but no ticket number, cancelled this evening by ebookers as DL and BA segments were blocked by AZ as not bookable.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
All of my reservations cleared my credit card, seats assigned. Tickets issued

FLR-MXP-FCO-NRT-DUS x3 times for 3 passengers
DUS-LHR-SFO-FCO-FLR x 3 times for 2 passengers
DUS-LHR-ORD-LHR-FLR x3 times for 1 passengers

All i need now is to find a cheap tickets from SFO to FLR, and ORD to FLR.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by bugss
For me simple math gave the answer.
Question: On D fare basis, if the flight no. is AZ, but operated by EY, and if I credit miles to AZ, would I get 300% from the AZ FF program, or only 175% because the operating carrier is EY whether crediting to EY or AZ FF program.

Actually, this whole question may be academic because it looks like AZ are starting to cancel the initial FLR/FCO segments, which basically cancels the entire itinerary of any follow-on AZ/EY/AA flights in my case.

This has generated as much activity and fun as the RGN 1, 2, 3 fares, but the
RGN 1 was honoured, but RGN 3 was cancelled on me by Malaysia Airlines without any notice or warning.

Last edited by tangoll; Dec 12, 2016 at 5:28 pm Reason: minor corrections
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by KiteM
And also....what if in the reservation we have 1 OWE and 2 with no status?
I will be able to choose seats for all of us?

Thanks
As a BA gold, I am able to select seat for someone on the same booking who has no status. Having seen that if you are an AA ExP, you get pretty much the same interface, I believe that if one is OWE, that person retrieving the record should be able to select seats for both for free.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by tangoll
Question: On D fare basis, if the flight no. is AZ, but operated by EY, and if I credit miles to AZ, would I get 300% from the AZ FF program, or only 175% because the operating carrier is EY whether crediting to EY or AZ FF program.

Actually, this whole question may be academic because it looks like AZ are starting to cancel the initial FLR/FCO segments, which basically cancels the entire itinerary of any follow-on AZ/EY/AA flights in my case.

This has generated as much activity and fun as the RGN 1, 2, 3 fares, but the
RGN 1 was honoured, but RGN 3 was cancelled on me by Malaysia Airlines without any notice or warning.
Where do you see AZ is cancelling tickets ...? I see reports of tickets being cancelled that hadn't been ticketed yet that's entirely different.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:13 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by irishguy28
@AlicorporateUK

I hadn't realised LO's on-time performance was so bad!
It used to be good. Now it is a disaster. At least Romanian F100 is gone, (replaced with Estonian CRJ's).
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:18 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by tropikey
Why don't you both come to SPATIF for NY party? We'll be there. This year's theme is "Barbie and Ken". I'm sure you'll find something nice to put on, so they will let you in :-D
(mini) DO in Gdynia? Count me in
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Where do you see AZ is cancelling tickets ...? I see reports of tickets being cancelled that hadn't been ticketed yet that's entirely different.
Ah, yes, you're right. Two instances of bookings being made, but not yet ticketed, and booking terminated by AZ, it seems.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, HH DIA, SPG Plat
When I look up my tickets (Expedia) via ViewTrip, the FCO-AUH segment is not included in the ticket of my +1 (but in mine). When I look it up on Etihad.com with the specific Etihad PNR, it is included. And when I look them up on Saudia, both of +1's ticket numbers show the FCO-AUH segment as included in the ticket, paid and open for use.

Why is it missing from ViewTrip? Can I trust in the information shown by Saudia?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Originally Posted by LennartH
When I look up my tickets (Expedia) via ViewTrip, the FCO-AUH segment is not included in the ticket of my +1 (but in mine). When I look it up on Etihad.com with the specific Etihad PNR, it is included. And when I look them up on Saudia, both of +1's ticket numbers show the FCO-AUH segment as included in the ticket, paid and open for use.

Why is it missing from ViewTrip? Can I trust in the information shown by Saudia?
In the past when I have had us airways award tickets screwed up , Saudia always shows what is really ticketed ...
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, HH DIA, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ianp
In the past when I have had us airways award tickets screwed up , Saudia always shows what is really ticketed ...
That's also my experience. I am not 100% sure, but as far as I remember, the missing ticket-number has been there yesterday...
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
GDN-WAW-DUS, booked yesterday for ~150 GBP (that's 2xOne-way for myself & the Mrs) - flying next Sunday with the first service out of GDN. Not bad at all (currently 85 GBP for a one-way ticket - I've just checked through Google Flights).
Paid about the same for mine. Does get cheaper when you book it as round trip. My DUS flight also briefly showed as delayed, almost missed it having gone back to Polonez...

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
That's DUS-FCO-EZE, returning to FLR via FCO, but it is likely that I'm going to drop the last sector and fly to WAW instead (still on AZ, but separate ticket). It is worth noting that I decided to pay slightly more than others on this itinerary however, given all the troubles* I had in past with AZ/AF/KL issued tickets involving segments on each of those, I thought better safe than sorry!
Just ask to change the routing to include WAW on the return. Fare rules seem to encourage indirect travel!

Originally Posted by TPJ
(mini) DO in Gdynia? Count me in
I could do a beer too.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 9:58 pm

Landed in Narita!!
So here's more about my experience so far

I booked my tix via expedia.it and here's my original itin

12/12: FLR--(AZ)--FCO--(AZ)--NRT--(BR)--KHH
12/24: HKG--(CX)--FRA--(LH)--DUS <---I am ditching the last leg

There is no issue checking in online or in person (for my international segment)

Since I was originally flying out of Rome anyway, positioning is not a big deal for me. The only risk is that I can only take the first flight to FLR on 12/12 and there's only 45 min in between the two flights. I have been to FLR once and I know it is a fairly small airport, and since it will be the same aircraft taking me back to Rome, I took the risk.

Boy was I wrong After I landed in FLR, I rushed to the check in counter only to find out all the agents have left. I tried the checkin kiosk, but it only printed me my flight from Rome to Narita and the security would not let me in (of course). 10 minutes before the gate closed, I ran to the landside lounge and the lady helped me contact the gate agents (shout out to her ^). Here's a note for anyone traveling on this ticket: check in online and print or send your boarding pass because there is no way to access them from AZ if you do not save it the first time.

long story short, I was able to check in my two luggages at FCO all the way to my final destination and the agent didn't seem to have any concern with my ticket.

However, the journey took a turn again We departed FCO about 30 min late and my transfer in NRT was only 1hr15min originally. As soon as we landed, there was an agent waiting for me at the gate and she handed me my new ticket because apparently they have everything sorted out already when we were in air (kudos to AZ^^).

They rebooked me onto a JAL flight with the new skysuite Plus, I get to enjoy the first class lounge in NRT again ^^. With that note, I will complete my first half of this one way ticket later today

Side note: expedia gives me 1 tix number (055) only, but it only shows my first three legs on AZ's website. However, I am able to choose seat on CX website and I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Side note 2: AZ really impresses me with their business class (especially compared to BA ). The seat, food and crew were both wonderful!!

Sorry if this is a long post. Good luck everyone!! Cheers!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:43 pm

So, should I have to be OWE to avoid paying 92€ per person for the seat?
Should be with BA or anyone is enough (also AB)?
All BA golds and silvers (and their OneWorld equivalents) can select BA seats for free at the time of bookin (I.e. now).

And also....what if in the reservation we have 1 OWE and 2 with no status?
I will be able to choose seats for all of us?

Thanks
As long as you are on the same PNR, the status member can select seats for statusless passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.