Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by j390792

Side note 2: AZ really impresses me with their business class (especially compared to BA ). The seat, food and crew were both wonderful!!

Sorry if this is a long post. Good luck everyone!! Cheers!
British Airways business class in the air now reminds me of what Alitalia used to be like in the air before Alitalia improved big time in business class. Glad to see that Alitalia's improvement is noticed, even as the carrier financially struggles.

This deal hopefully gets honored enough to let a lot of people realize that Alitalia has improved its forward cabin while carriers like BA have gotten relatively worse in the business class cabin.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by DVT
Try putting the main code into the Air France site, worked for me.
Seeing everything but the longhaul AZ segments when pulling my itinerary up on the AF site. Weird.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by LennartH
Normally yes. This time, Expedia charged the full amount today.
+1 charged by Expedia today.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
On today's newspapers in Italy are the news that Etihad and the banks have reached an agreement on how to save Alitalia.

For those of you who were worrying about a potential bankrupt: it won't happen
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
This deal hopefully gets honored enough to let a lot of people realize that Alitalia has improved its forward cabin while carriers like BA have gotten relatively worse in the business class cabin.
Indeed - while financially damaging (for the airline), the deal could possibly bring some new business, given the excellent J product.

G
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:33 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by more4less
Hi Forrest Bump,

if this is between USD and Euro imagine what they did with the QR tickets ex Cairo in EGP...
Insane. It's a 4.6% commission.
Against a 1.3% MC on the other 2 bookings.

QR exCAI to BKK for next August was my first choice and I was literally minutes away to book it last friday, before this EF.
Mastercard is the way to go.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by FFlyerCDG
Don't know why but every time you book AZ flights with Exp, whatever the fare/routing is, you're charged by AZ.
When it comes to refund, you have to deal with Exp but, again, same process.
Perhaps if the flights are all AZ, but I have an AZ - CX - KL itinerary and was charged by Expedia.co.uk
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by mster
Seeing everything but the longhaul AZ segments when pulling my itinerary up on the AF site. Weird.
I get told "Seat selection at checkin" for my AF legs but it goes so far as to show seat numbers for my CX and KL legs

I want a window seat or a refund! /sarcasm
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Danusa86
On today's newspapers in Italy are the news that Etihad and the banks have reached an agreement on how to save Alitalia.

For those of you who were worrying about a potential bankrupt: it won't happen
Until it actually happens I would take it with a pinch of salt - newspapers have a habit of being economical with the truth
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by obduro
I want a window seat or a refund! /sarcasm
I think I know which one AZ would rather give you
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Indeed - while financially damaging (for the airline), the deal could possibly bring some new business, given the excellent J product.
G
New business for AZ ?
Are you serious ?
99,99% of those who booked this fare ONLY did it because they got J for the price of Y !!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

G
More fool me. I specifically chose a route that excluded Alitalia on a perception that they were shoddy. This perception has been subconsciously developed as I have never flown them previously.

In a way, reading this thread has been enlightening and I'm now aware that they do offer a good product, and have been motivated enough to read reports on their cabin. I wish I had chosen a sector that flew via AUH.

I've got no idea how significant the FT/FFP geek booking volume was for this fare, but perhaps it will drive future goodwill and cabin perception/brand enhancement to a degree that it outweighs the short term financial cost. They can assign the cost to the marketing budget!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by obduro
Perhaps if the flights are all AZ, but I have an AZ - CX - KL itinerary and was charged by Expedia.co.uk
Have several itineraries and right now only the first 3 made on Friday eve have been charged.
They are a mix of AZ, KE, AB, AF and were made on Exp.fr and all were charged by AZ.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:49 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Morgo
I've got no idea how significant the FT/FFP geek booking volume was for this fare, but perhaps it will drive future goodwill and cabin perception/brand enhancement to a degree that it outweighs the short term financial cost. They can assign the cost to the marketing budget!
he he, I think they just blew the marketing budget out of the sky!

I must say, I'm soooooooooooooooooooo jealous, it looks like these bookings are going to stick.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:50 am

First time booking an error fare. Was able to book FLR-CDG-SGN-HKG-AUH-DUS on AF, VN and EY metal. Booked through Vayama. Got conf email with ref locators for AZ, VN, and EY. Can see itin on My Flights.

AZ page pulls up only FLR-CDG-SGN flights, even though CDG-SGN is on VN metal

VN page pulls up CDG-SGN-HKG flights only, but they are all of the VN metal flights.

EY page pulls up whole itin.

None allow me to change seats.

VN page says "We cannot recognize some reservation and/or electronic ticket elements. If you have any queries about your reservation, please contact the office that made the reservation and/or issued the ticket." at the tope

If I try to select seat on EY leg on their page I get "We are sorry but this booking cannot be changed online. Please contact us for further assistance."

Can anyone tell me if this means my flights are ticketed and valid or what, if anything, this means?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.