Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:54 am

Is it me or can you guys not see your itinerary on ebookers.de/co.uk? I tried my itinerary # (starting with 7) and my last name but I can't find my itinerary...

However, I can see it on alitalia and Saudia.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by FFlyerCDG
That's a very good thing if they realize that AZ has improved its J product but what's the use of it if they only wait for the next EF ?
Would be much useful for AZ if they "possibly" buy tickets costing 3.000€ rather than 600€
Whilst I entirely understand what you're trying to say (i.e. the EF will add to misery for the airline, it would have been better if they sold those seats for 6 grand etc. etc.), you are however clearly missing the main point of my [and a couple of other's] posts, which is (in a nutshell): AZ's J product is amongst the best in Europe and perhaps an X number of those who are travelling thanks to the EF and that will perhaps have the choice/option to book AZ again in future (either for pleasure or business) and in normal circumstances, they will be willing to do so (should their experience meet their expectations, needless to say). Not all of us those travelling on EFs are just FT enthusiasts - people travel for all sort of reasons and, while most certainly purely for hobby on this particular occasion, many of us will be travelling on holiday and business in the weeks and months to come (I can assure you that, whilst I'd love to, I am unable to plan my business travel around EFs hence trying a new product is always somehow beneficial for myself - and I'm sure for many others, too).

G
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by thelister
Is it me or can you guys not see your itinerary on ebookers.de/co.uk? I tried my itinerary # (starting with 7) and my last name but I can't find my itinerary...

However, I can see it on alitalia and Saudia.
Try to login and then go to manage booking, I had same issue with Expedia.it until I created an account with same email and everything showed up
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Gold, Accor LeClub - Platinum, Hilton Hhonors - Diamond
I've had an interesting conversation with OTA Travelup, who have appeared to have got different ''fare rules / conditions'' than IOWGE (showing on Saudia as my fare basis) as filed on EF.

''The terms and conditions of the ticket are the following;

Changes are permitted at the cost of 3175.00 plus any tax and fare difference. Furthermore tickets are non refundable and can claim back partial unused taxes.''

It's a fair change from what is published and when asked why, was told;

''Thanks for the email,

The terms and conditions are the same at the time of the booking. These tickets was issued on a negotiated fare where the fare bases terms and conditions are slightly different to the ones that you are seeing''.

Maybe Alitalia is working quietly in the background to set these tickets up, but on a much less flexible basis.

I don't know whether to keep pushing the OTA to comply with the fare rules as published or just leave it and pray to get the leave!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:03 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Originally Posted by AJO
I'm seeing one way rentals @ Hertz for around 41 euros (Fiat 500, including Super CDW), so that's a good option I guess.
Quoting myself to say that I refreshed the page, and the price went up to a staggering 172 euros for either a Fiat 500 or a Panda.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AJO
Quoting myself to say that I refreshed the page, and the price went up to a staggering 172 euros for either a Fiat 500 or a Panda.
why not staying overnight anf catching the first bus/train?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by NXflyer
I've had an interesting conversation with OTA Travelup, who have appeared to have got different ''fare rules / conditions'' than IOWGE (showing on Saudia as my fare basis) as filed on EF.

Changes are permitted at the cost of 3175.00 plus any tax and fare difference. Furthermore tickets are non refundable and can claim back partial unused taxes.''

''Thanks for the email,

The terms and conditions are the same at the time of the booking. These tickets was issued on a negotiated fare where the fare bases terms and conditions are slightly different to the ones that you are seeing''.

Maybe Alitalia is working quietly in the background to set these tickets up, but on a much less flexible basis.

I don't know whether to keep pushing the OTA to comply with the fare rules as published or just leave it and pray to get the leave!
Ask them to double check. I had the same with Big O. I'm on a D fare. They initially told me 200EUR to cancel. 150EUR to change. Then called me back to say sorry, they got it wrong, and it is full flex.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:09 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Originally Posted by schnapperin
why not staying overnight anf catching the first bus/train?
Play with CDPs and you might find something good.
(CDP redacted, because it's of no use if you don't have the proper credentials)
Attached Images  
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by NXflyer

''Thanks for the email,

Did you get the e-ticket from travelUp?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Travelup just called and have promised a full refund within 5 days as the airline won't ticket mine
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:24 am

I booked a trip with Expedia on Saturday morning. Confirmed and ticketed almost immediately.
Showed up properly as reserved amount on my Amex statement online, but then I tried to book another trip which apparently triggered Amex to soft-block my card. (temporary block)
They say that Alitalia has tried to put additional charges on the card, but it's not clear if it's for my attempted additional trip, or if Alitalia somehow (unlikely?) tried to charge more for my initially booked trip.

Amex wants me to call Alitalia but I'd rather not, since I guess it increases the risk of cancellation.
What should I do? Call expedia? or Alitalia? or should I just unblock the Amex card and hope for the best?

Last edited by KarlPedal; Dec 13, 2016 at 6:32 am
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by teledude
Travelup just called and have promised a full refund within 5 days as the airline won't ticket mine
Was your ticket issued already?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:45 am

Was your ticket issued already?
If it won't ticket I understood it was not ticketed.

My credit card has been charged just now (e-ticket received on saturday). Let's see what will happen...
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus Delta SkyMiles
I booked three - one isn't ticketed...

But one of the itineraries, my outbound is on AZ, AF metal in D. That is clear.

On the return, it is LH in Z, which is deep discounted Business. And I paid around 970 EUR for this.

I am ticketed, but I'm thinking I'm good. But also thinking, I don't have a fully changeable ticket, although the fare basis is DOW8C on all 4 segments.

How to interpret this, in terms of flexibility?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Is it about time to arrange a FLR-ROW via ROW discussion do? On a serious note, I propose a few drinks in osiedle Garnizon (I know a few nice bars there, I live in the area). tropikey can easily join by SKM via Wrzeszcz Oh, and Forrest Bump may also squeeze in some time from teściowa, apparently Feel free to come up with some dates, folks - I'm away with the ER for a couple of days next week but free after that, enjoying a deserved break from plane commuting
I stand by Gdynia (maybe the micro brew by the beach?). SKM goes in both directions :-).

Originally Posted by irishguy28
AZ J is probably the best European business class in the skies right now.
Havn't flown AZ, but I'm not a fan of these sort of seats so will give and edge to even the generic Boeing config that LO has. Also the new AF C is quite nice, especially in the bulkhead.
My CDG transfer yesterday was fairly uneventful - remote terminal arrival and bus to a bigger one. Lounge was really underwhelming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.