Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:54 am

I booked DUS FCO on AZ / LAX FLR on AF for Oct/Nov 2017.

Alitalia shows me all seats and details. Same with AirFrance.

eBookers charged my AmEX with EUR 48,74. Any idea what this is for?

( I have not been charged for the tickets yet.)
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Whilst I entirely understand what you're trying to say (i.e. the EF will add to misery for the airline, it would have been better if they sold those seats for 6 grand etc. etc.), you are however clearly missing the main point of my [and a couple of other's] posts, which is (in a nutshell): AZ's J product is amongst the best in Europe and perhaps an X number of those who are travelling thanks to the EF and that will perhaps have the choice/option to book AZ again in future (either for pleasure or business) and in normal circumstances, they will be willing to do so (should their experience meet their expectations, needless to say). Not all of us those travelling on EFs are just FT enthusiasts - people travel for all sort of reasons and, while most certainly purely for hobby on this particular occasion, many of us will be travelling on holiday and business in the weeks and months to come (I can assure you that, whilst I'd love to, I am unable to plan my business travel around EFs hence trying a new product is always somehow beneficial for myself - and I'm sure for many others, too).

G
I second that - since flying DL on award ticket, I have booked 5 paid C tickets with them, avoiding most other ST TATL carriers. Same after flying last year on BA *special* C fare, I would never pay full price for that product. I think this is good way to test the product for reasonable price.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:56 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
I have a question on the different fares which were bookable:

1. What is the difference of I, D and C. In the fare rules, all were described as fully flexible, also I fare. Is it then only the amount of miles one can earn?
2. In which business class would an AZ I fare book with ET. On my ticket it only states "business"
3. For the future: How can I chose which fare I want to book with? In other words - how could one chose the D fare over the I fare?

Many thanks for educating me.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 6:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by schnapperin
why not staying overnight anf catching the first bus/train?
That's what i will do. I have a long day in the UK, interviewing in the North until 3pm, then rushing to LHR. Then a quick sleep in MXP and off to Florence.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Lack
I stand by Gdynia (maybe the micro brew by the beach?)
Great idea as I've never been there (I'm only hoping this is nowhere like Labeerynt in Gdańsk - the stuff they serve there can be classed as anything but beer!) @TPJ & tropikey - are you both up for the EF discussion+various [mini] do?

Originally Posted by Lack
SKM goes in both directions

G
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kmd_bln
..... eBookers charged my AmEX with EUR 48,74. Any idea what this is for?..........
Please see #1847. You probably have multiple marketing carriers and multiple tickets in the same booking.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Please see #1847. You probably have multiple marketing carriers and multiple tickets in the same booking.
Oh, ok, thanks. If the bookings stay I can live with that.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:10 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
Also, check your total price. Expedia (UK) booked my three tickets - which I booked together - separately and I had an additional Expedia booking fee (30 GBP). However, the total sum stayed the same, only the way how it was booked and charged has changed. BTW, the pending transaction was from AlItalia. Now the amount was taken by Expedia.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
Originally Posted by umbyboy
Has anyone actually flown yet on this fare?
yes
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Shl
Also, check your total price. Expedia (UK) booked my three tickets - which I booked together - separately and I had an additional Expedia booking fee (30 GBP). However, the total sum stayed the same, only the way how it was booked and charged has changed. BTW, the pending transaction was from AlItalia. Now the amount was taken by Expedia.
Same.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
since flying DL on award ticket, I have booked 5 paid C tickets with them
I have more-or-less the same experience with DL, which now gets most of my UK-US-UK business travel: it all started with an IRROP in SEA, flew on Delta One to AMS and, since then, I've never looked back.

G
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Unhappy

Originally Posted by teledude
Travelup just called and have promised a full refund within 5 days as the airline won't ticket mine
Same here I received an email stating this.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
I think this is good way to test the product for reasonable price.
Haha, if this was a reasonable price, surely there wouldn't be all this buzz about it alongside thousands of bookings. If you did not exploits the routing too much, you are basically getting free business class for the price of economy. Don't make it sound like we are doing the airline any favors or that it is in any way beneficial, we are doing ourselves a favor at their cost.

This is like looking at a Coca Cola Life soda in the supermarket, that is many times more expensive than the regular coke you normally drink. One day they accidentally give you the coke life, for the price of the regular one - and you enjoy it, oh boy do you enjoy it! However you will never pay that original price again, because the product is now worth less to you. Also there are many other great sodas to try, at half the price of Coke Life, so why would you buy something for five times the price you already paid for it?

Then there is of course the guy whose work pay for the soda, and the guy that has enough money to spend on just whatever. But 9 out of 10 will probably never go out of their way to chose Alitalia again.

This is why Apple products don't go on major sales, because it decreases the value and exclusive feel of the product
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:42 am

I was checking my bookings. There are still ok.

But it just have come to me that on Jan 17 the partnership between AZ and AF/KL will end.
In April 17 I have the FLR-CDG-HKG flights with AZ operated by AF. I cannot select seats, but the ones that were chosen for me by Expedia are quite ok.
I'm just crossing my fingers and really hoping for the best. This is because I have read some terrible stories about the customer support in case of IRROPS or something else...
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:50 am

The pending charge from Alitalia on my CC has gone away. Booked, paid, and ticketed on Friday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.