Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Sebz4n
I have a MasterCard Youth Travel, which I called up about this fare. If Alitalia goes bankrupt, or they cancel my ticket halfway, my insurance will cover up to 2500 euro for a new ticket
Ah I see, it's quite a specific situation you refer to. I think it's extremely unlikely that your ticket would be cancelled halfway through. It's more likely that you'll either fly the whole itinerary, or none of it. Great policy though!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Danusa86
Booked two itineraries for early January.
Until yesterday my card had just received a pre-autorization request.
Today finally the charges have been posted and, amazingly, they're not from Expedia (who I booked with) but directly from Alitalia.
I'd like to think this is a good sign, but not sure
Don't know why but every time you book AZ flights with Exp, whatever the fare/routing is, you're charged by AZ.
When it comes to refund, you have to deal with Exp but, again, same process.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
A side bonus I came to the conclusion this was last straw with American Express on foreign currency transactions.

$715 turned into €707 in the statement.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by remf
Just off the phone with the OTA I booked with (read back to find which one that was). Unlike rossmacd I didn't get the confirmation of ticketing that I was told to expect. We booked the exact same route which fell down on the final sector.

It seems the OTA at least, have woken up to the error fare as they are now escalating the price with the airline themselves and are not issuing my ticket, at least until they have spoken with the airline on how to proceed. They quoted specifically that the price for this fare was far cheaper than it should have been so they need to check with the airline. At first I was told I needed to wait a month, then it was 7 days, and then I was told I would receive a phone call once they had decided how to proceed.

So at least in my case, the shimmering light of hope, looks like it might be fading. Fingers crossed for everyone else.
Best of luck remf ^

The fact that you did not get the same treatment as me regarding the OTA "covering the difference" of a different/new itinerary surprises me, but maybe I got lucky.

Let us know how you got on.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:02 am

Should we create a wiki on this thread for meet-ups? I guess there will be a lot of people passing through FLR and DUS in the next few months
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Thank you.
Unfortunately viewtrip says "Itinerary not found".
Now I have 055 ticket, no access to Travelup and just AF showing the FLR/CDG/MIA portion.

"GDS" PNR and "Airline" PNR lead to nowhere.
Oh well...it's part of the thrill.
une this link
https://mytripandmore.com/SearchItinerary.aspx

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by rossmacd
All BA golds and silvers (and their OneWorld equivalents) can select BA seats for free at the time of bookin (I.e. now).

As long as you are on the same PNR, the status member can select seats for statusless passengers.
Thanks for the answer 😀

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Should we create a wiki on this thread for meet-ups? I guess there will be a lot of people passing through FLR and DUS in the next few months
I don't think so...
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:06 am

Everything looks good for me when I pull up my booking on the AZ site, but whenever I click on "Customize Your Travel" I just get a standard "not possible to proceed with your request" error message. Is there a reason I wouldn't be able to pick seats online? All legs are AZ or KE... do I need to complete personal details or have a FF # attached to the reservation?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:09 am
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by mster
Everything looks good for me when I pull up my booking on the AZ site, but whenever I click on "Customize Your Travel" I just get a standard "not possible to proceed with your request" error message. Is there a reason I wouldn't be able to pick seats online? All legs are AZ or KE... do I need to complete personal details or have a FF # attached to the reservation?
Try putting the main code into the Air France site, worked for me.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
This is almost standard practice for AZ bookings on the AZ website. Even if you buy direct from the AZ website, it can be difficult to add seat selections later if not done at the time of purchase.

Put it into context. Even if you get the last available seat when it comes to check-in, isn't that better than not being able to fly at all?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
A side bonus I came to the conclusion this was last straw with American Express on foreign currency transactions.

$715 turned into €707 in the statement.
Hi Forrest Bump,

if this is between USD and Euro imagine what they did with the QR tickets ex Cairo in EGP...
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Put it into context. Even if you get the last available seat when it comes to check-in, isn't that better than not being able to fly at all?
Absolutely agree. Many have commented that they have picked seats so I'm just angling for the trick that has allowed them to do so
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
This is almost standard practice for AZ bookings on the AZ website. Even if you buy direct from the AZ website, it can be difficult to add seat selections later if not done at the time of purchase.

Seat selection (through AZ) is working perfectly fine for me, the only thing which keeps disappearing is the FF program's name (the number is still there, though), but I'm not really that fussed about it to be honest.

G
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, HH DIA, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by goliath
"Amazingly"? How is that different from any other bookings you've previously made on Expedia?
Normally yes. This time, Expedia charged the full amount today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.