Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ
(mini) DO in Gdynia? Count me in
Actually, it's in Sopot ;-)
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by j390792
Landed in Narita!!
Great! First part of your trip sounds like horror but flight in JL's new Skysuite is reward for nervous moments in FLR :-)
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by pjh981
Does that mean anything? Other than the fact that when pulled, you're owed a refund?
Well, that the transaction went thru (didn't show pending)

Originally Posted by a9504477
why the ^ ?
Was happy to see the charge post.

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
I have a similar question about ebookers.com (UK). While booking tickets I saw no mention of OTA booking fees, and when observing the total price per ticket, it was composed of just two lines, Flight: xxx, Taxes and Fees: yyy.
It was only when observing the credit card postings that I see charges of GBP 10.50 per ticket attributed to ebookers, not the issuing airline.

For regular ebookers.com users, are these GBP 10.50 per ticket fees business as usual, and if so, are they specified somewhere on their website? Assuming that issuing airlines decide to cancel all (or some) of these tickets, do you expect/know whether these OTA fees will be refunded? TIA!
I saw this as well. It repriced w/o the fee listed (said fare change) so was disappointed to see this charged.

Originally Posted by kellejil
Reservation cancelled-Booked on ebookers.com on Saturday morning FLR ATL TPA ATL LHR DUS 622GBP. Confirmed as booked by Sunday morning with AZ and AA PNRs but no ticket number, cancelled this evening by ebookers as DL and BA segments were blocked by AZ as not bookable.
no fun. But thanks for the datapoint.

Sorry if this is a long post. Good luck everyone!! Cheers!
This is FT. That was not a long post
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Landed in Narita!!
Thanks for reporting back j390792.
This is music for our ears.

Fingers crossed as seems AZ is following the tradition to not party poop us FTers. ^
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:09 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Landed in Narita!!
So here's more about my experience so far

I booked my tix via expedia.it and here's my original itin

12/12: FLR--(AZ)--FCO--(AZ)--NRT--(BR)--KHH
12/24: HKG--(CX)--FRA--(LH)--DUS <---I am ditching the last leg

There is no issue checking in online or in person (for my international segment)

Since I was originally flying out of Rome anyway, positioning is not a big deal for me. The only risk is that I can only take the first flight to FLR on 12/12 and there's only 45 min in between the two flights. I have been to FLR once and I know it is a fairly small airport, and since it will be the same aircraft taking me back to Rome, I took the risk.

Boy was I wrong After I landed in FLR, I rushed to the check in counter only to find out all the agents have left. I tried the checkin kiosk, but it only printed me my flight from Rome to Narita and the security would not let me in (of course). 10 minutes before the gate closed, I ran to the landside lounge and the lady helped me contact the gate agents (shout out to her ^). Here's a note for anyone traveling on this ticket: check in online and print or send your boarding pass because there is no way to access them from AZ if you do not save it the first time.

long story short, I was able to check in my two luggages at FCO all the way to my final destination and the agent didn't seem to have any concern with my ticket.

However, the journey took a turn again We departed FCO about 30 min late and my transfer in NRT was only 1hr15min originally. As soon as we landed, there was an agent waiting for me at the gate and she handed me my new ticket because apparently they have everything sorted out already when we were in air (kudos to AZ^^).

They rebooked me onto a JAL flight with the new skysuite Plus, I get to enjoy the first class lounge in NRT again ^^. With that note, I will complete my first half of this one way ticket later today

Side note: expedia gives me 1 tix number (055) only, but it only shows my first three legs on AZ's website. However, I am able to choose seat on CX website and I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Side note 2: AZ really impresses me with their business class (especially compared to BA ). The seat, food and crew were both wonderful!!

Sorry if this is a long post. Good luck everyone!! Cheers!
Great trip report
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:18 am

Someone please tell me that this deal wasn't available on the AZ US website?! AmEx had a $160 back deal. And that I didn't miss out on getting $160 back?!?!

Details
Get a 1X $160 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $800+ directly with Alitalia by 12/31/2016. See terms for full exclusions.

Terms
Valid only for purchases made directly with Alitalia. Purchases must be made through alitalia.com/en_us/
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:27 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA
Someone please tell me that this deal wasn't available on the AZ US website?!
It wasn't.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:54 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Has anybody tried applying upgrades to any of their flights?
I remember people upgrading BA flights on the Viking fare without problems but that was one in which anything booked direct with the airlines was honoured.

Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea at this stage?
Would this help to obscure things from AZ (as a result of re-ticketing by EY) in the event of cancellations or would it make my ticket stand out (as a result of it being the most recently issued ticket on this fare)?

I have some EY segments which would be very nice to do in apartments
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Jermyn
Has anybody tried applying upgrades to any of their flights?
I remember people upgrading BA flights on the Viking fare without problems but that was one in which anything booked direct with the airlines was honoured.

Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea at this stage?
Would this help to obscure things from AZ (as a result of re-ticketing by EY) in the event of cancellations or would it make my ticket stand out (as a result of it being the most recently issued ticket on this fare)?

I have some EY segments which would be very nice to do in apartments
I've tried to bid for and they do let me on the segments where First class is operted.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
My travelup itin is looking bad but the expedia SIN trip still looks good on AF/EY
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:27 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
What do you mean by looking bad?

I just called to cancel my 055 ticket on Big O. They said they can't do it for some unknown reason even though I'm still in my free cancellation period. They said they will look into it and call me back when Corp Desk opens in 6 hours time.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Alright, let's play a game: how many PNRs can you have per single itinerary? I have one with 6 alone.. Amadeus, Alitalia, Air France, American Airlines, Qantas, Etihad!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by teledude
My travelup itin is looking bad but the expedia SIN trip still looks good on AF/EY
Is there a way to pull up the itin on TravelUp?
I don't see any feature like Expedia or Orbitz. Thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
(mini) DO in Gdynia? Count me in
Originally Posted by Lack
I could do a beer too.
Is it about time to arrange a FLR-ROW via ROW discussion do? On a serious note, I propose a few drinks in osiedle Garnizon (I know a few nice bars there, I live in the area). tropikey can easily join by SKM via Wrzeszcz Oh, and Forrest Bump may also squeeze in some time from teściowa, apparently Feel free to come up with some dates, folks - I'm away with the ER for a couple of days next week but free after that, enjoying a deserved break from plane commuting

G
Old Dec 13, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Is there a way to pull up the itin on TravelUp?
I don't see any feature like Expedia or Orbitz. Thanks.
www.viewtrip.com - I can see my itinerary there... and segment by segment being cancelled :-( it never ticketed, which is a shame as I was looking forward for a trip to Raratonga

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.