Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Sounds like the ideal outcome for those who had their itineraries honoured on new tickets plated on other carriers.

^
Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Lefly
Just wow. Congrats!
I hope to have the same luck when calling tomorrow morning...
Best of luck - Ebookers have been the best OTA I've dealt with. I've used some ropey OTAs in the past.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by luist
Can anyone confirm whether flights booked on AZ flight numbers, but on flying on Etihad will earn Velocity points?

They're both VA partners, but for some reason I have a feeling they won't earn.
I think you may be out of luck. Virgin Australia has stayed out of the Etihad Airlines Partners virtual alliance, which recently announced closer integration of earning across each airline, but VA are outside of that.

But perhaps the commonality with EY will work in your favour.

It used to be that Etihad "converted" codeshares into prime flights when checking in and flying on Etihad. I could never determine whether there was any logic as to how and when this happened, but I had several cases where EY posted AB and VA codeshares on EY into EY flightcodes when earning in Etihad Guest
Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Sounds like the ideal outcome for those who had their itineraries honoured on new tickets plated on other carriers.
Indeed, especially those who were looking to earn through their main FF program (OW) ^ That said, fingers crossed for those (including myself) on 055s, it'd be cracking to get some extra miles towards reconfirming FBP next year without too much effort.

G
Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, VA Gold, Marritt Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I think you may be out of luck. Virgin Australia has stayed out of the Etihad Airlines Partners virtual alliance, which recently announced closer integration of earning across each airline, but VA are outside of that.

But perhaps the commonality with EY will work in your favour.

It used to be that Etihad "converted" codeshares into prime flights when checking in and flying on Etihad. I could never determine whether there was any logic as to how and when this happened, but I had several cases where EY posted AB and VA codeshares on EY into EY flightcodes when earning in Etihad Guest
Thanks. That's what I figured. Have FLR-FCO-AUH-MEL//SYD-AUH-DUS booked, and trying to figure where to credit (assuming it's not cancelled!). Outboound is in AZ flight numbers, but return is on EY...
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Air France

Anyone else having issues selecting seats on Air France?

I have 4 tickets booked with various combinations of SkyTeam on the outbound and OneWorld on the inbound. I'm able to select seats on all my Oneworld segments (BA and Cathay) and my ticketed/operated Alitalia segments. However I have several Alitalia ticketed/AirFrance operated segments that I can't get seats selected on AirFrance, KLM or AlItalia sites. Flying Blue Platinum here...do I need to resort to calling in? Trying to avoid drawing attention (although given where this debacle went, perhaps it's a moot point trying to stay under the radar).
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by ocdb8r

I have 4 tickets booked with various combinations of SkyTeam on the outbound and OneWorld on the inbound. I'm able to select seats on all my Oneworld segments (BA and Cathay) and my ticketed/operated Alitalia segments. However I have several Alitalia ticketed/AirFrance operated segments that I can't get seats selected on AirFrance, KLM or AlItalia sites. Flying Blue Platinum here...do I need to resort to calling in? Trying to avoid drawing attention (although given where this debacle went, perhaps it's a moot point trying to stay under the radar).
Numerous posts on this, the good news is it appears to be a common problem (I have this issue myself that with the same combination of carriers you outline above). Unless you are travelling in the near future the advice is don't call until there is an outcome from AZ on these fares.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:05 pm

[Seat selection] only during check-in, I'm afraid - and regardless of your status.

G
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Best of luck - Ebookers have been the best OTA I've dealt with. I've used some ropey OTAs in the past.
Thank you!

And, If I may... Do you know UK customer service phone hours? I have problems to find online this info...
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes.

If it says "available at checkin" for your seat assignments, them you will only be able to select from what's available at checkin.

Don't call just be glad you have a ticket.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: One World
Hahaha...

Originally Posted by afirm
I really hope deals like this is a part of their long term Industrial plan!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by luist
Thanks. That's what I figured. Have FLR-FCO-AUH-MEL//SYD-AUH-DUS booked, and trying to figure where to credit (assuming it's not cancelled!). Outboound is in AZ flight numbers, but return is on EY...
For me simple math gave the answer.

Last edited by bugss; Dec 22, 2016 at 1:40 pm
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Lefly
Thank you!

And, If I may... Do you know UK customer service phone hours? I have problems to find online this info...
I do not, I'm afraid. Out of my 3 phone calls to them, I highly doubt that any of my calls were handled in the UK. Nonetheless, service was personable and (eventually) efficient.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I read somewhere that some OTA allows a separate FF number for each flight?
I'm already happy if I can split between outbound and inbound (to my stopover )
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by The Wolf
I read somewhere that some OTA allows a separate FF number for each flight?
I'm already happy if I can split between outbound and inbound (to my stopover )
Have you thought of send the boarding passes to different FF after the flights?

But actually I do not knwo, if it is really possible. I never had a case like that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.