Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Why does that matter?
The only thing that matters now is the current stock of prosecco at the AZ lounges in Rome - what was it like when you left yesterday (was it yesterday)? I'm expecting to be quite thirsty on Sunday after a ridiculously early GDN-WAW, followed by WAW-DUS and heading to FCO eventually so it's important that anyone visiting the lounge during the next couple of days will feedback accordingly

G
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
There was a brief interruption to the supply, but the guys opposite had a word with one of the staff and the supply began to flow again

I read in another thread that AZ is to scrap free alcohol in Y. Good thing this was all in J!

Have you booked your positioning flights?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Tmvx
I had a lot of flights&fun with you guys And this time we can laugh together
Still one month to find positioning, or wait for AZ's retaliation :P (Which is so unlike, because people moderating fb will not be creating tasks for accounting just to check and cancel one person's ticket)
Assuming you'll be departing from WAW (followed by DUS), positioning is the last problem as fares tend to be quite cheap with both LO & EW offering good prices at the moment. Probably even easier if you got a fare originating from FLR as you could get to Rome for literally 10 quid.

G
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:38 am

@irishguy28 -

Your feedback is always greatly appreciated, especially when it comes to such sensitive issues...

Re positioning: it's GDN-WAW-DUS on LO (roughly 150 GBP for myself+1), but I'm quite concerned about that arrangement to be honest (LO's on-time record is probably at the same level as AZ's IT competency...). Funnily enough, I got to the airport to fly to work this morning like every Monday and the first thing I noticed was the CANCELLED against the LO's 8:50AM flight... And it does happen more often than you think... Ah well...

G
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Executive Club Gold, Miles & Bonus Gold, Alaska Mileage Plan, Aeroplan, LifeMiles
From Saudia website:
domestic euro segments are shown as "Open for use" and intercontinental segments shown as "Airport control".
What does than mean? Airline is suspicious or visa regulations check?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: airline independent; HHonors Diamond/Marriott Titanium
Should be interesting to see what happens as we transition from the "buy, buy, buy" phase into the "how will AZ handle this phase."

I was in on the Cyprus fare back in 2007 and AZ did a good compromise with that. I only jumped in on this, because I was going to be in Italy in April anyway, so positioning to Florence is basically going to be a non-event.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Has anyone been able to find a fare that prices during the summer? I'm totally open to going wherever, but I'm struggling to find routes that price out correctly. From what I read in previous posts (upthread), TYO and ICN are out. Anyone have any luck with other places?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@AlicorporateUK

I hadn't realised LO's on-time performance was so bad! It's a few years since I set foot on any of their planes - then, it was positioning for a cheap ex-WAW ticket. I remember being highly amused at the rego of the plane that they sent to bring me from AMS - SP-LIF!!! The return was one of the scariest landings I have ever experienced. We descended for what felt like forever through thick fog, with the occasional stomach-churning drop thrown in for good measure. I joined in enthusiastically with the post-touchdown round of applause - the only time I have ever done so!

I had my travel for next year already all planned out so I had to schedule the first of my AZ frenzy fares around another ticket - ironically, from WAW and including an LO flight to connect with 9W at AMS - but hopefully my newer plan of taking AZ/EY to Australia will make that ticket redundant. But if I get refused at FLR there is still time to hightail it over to WAW so that I can cuss at Alitalia from Tontoronto!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BCNforever
From Saudia website:
domestic euro segments are shown as "Open for use" and intercontinental segments shown as "Airport control".
What does than mean? Airline is suspicious or visa regulations check?
Already discussed earlier today upthread.

for present purposes, "Open for use" means operated by Alitalia; "under airport control" means operated by someone else.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dlnewbie
positioning to Florence is basically going to be a non-event.
Very unfortunate turn of phrase
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
BLQ for positioning to/from FLR

I'm looking at using BLQ for positioning to FLR, and from what I can tell, it's possible (I dare not say 'simple' and 'Italian railways' in the same sentence) to get between the two. Anyone have any advice/suggestions? Carpool?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Kris Flyer, Skywards, Accor Gold, Radisson Gold
14 Days

I think someone mentioned (many, many pages back...) the ticket will be harder for AZ to cancel if you are within 14 days of departure.

Anyone know why this would be the case?

Booked on a ticket to SA leaving on the 28th so we hit 14 days on Wednesday... Hence vested interest
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by barney2201
I think someone mentioned (many, many pages back...) the ticket will be harder for AZ to cancel if you are within 14 days of departure.

Anyone know why this would be the case?

Booked on a ticket to SA leaving on the 28th so we hit 14 days on Wednesday... Hence vested interest
EC 261

just Google that.

But the question is, if EC 261 is usable on these kind of tickets.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SkyTeem
I'm looking at using BLQ for positioning to FLR, and from what I can tell, it's possible (I dare not say 'simple' and 'Italian railways' in the same sentence) to get between the two. Anyone have any advice/suggestions? Carpool?
Italo is very simple and comfortable. Much better than TrenItalia.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I joined in enthusiastically with the post-touchdown round of applause
Priceless

Oh, if you end up hightailing back to WAW, give us a shout - you have a Żywiec (or Carling, depending on your taste - after all, I work in Burton ) on me (that's for the round of applause)

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.