Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
i booked with Expedia and my credit card has been charged so that's at least a good sign. i made 3 bookings, 2 of them got charged with a 15 euro fee and the other one with a 2.5 euro one.

I didn't see anything about a booking fee and could somebody explain to me why the 3rd one is only 2.5?

EDIT: right i went back to my expedia confirmation and noticed it said 15 euro booking fee. Still weird that some routes were 15 and other 2.5?

Last edited by jvde; Dec 12, 2016 at 3:11 pm
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by joequimby
What's everyone thoughts on how soon to book positioning? I've booked for July so am thinking early Jan when AZ have had a chance to cancel / when others have flown segments
In most circumstances and especially for bookings so far ahead, I'd not worry too much about positioning - anything could happen before July, really. That said, it also depends on where you're based and the access you'd get to relatively cheap fares from your point of origin to either DUS or FLR. From where I'm based, I could even wait up to a week before departure, knowing that I'd not pay much more than 50 GBP (in fact, I did book my positioning for next Sunday for roughly 70 GBP, but that's because I was unable to fly the night before, when it would have costed me nearly half of that).

G
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
In most circumstances and especially for bookings so far ahead, I'd not worry too much about positioning - anything could happen before July, really. That said, it also depends on where you're based and the access you'd get to relatively cheap fares from your point of origin to either DUS or FLR. From where I'm based, I could even wait up to a week before departure, knowing that I'd not pay much more than 50 GBP (in fact, I did book my positioning for next Sunday for roughly 70 GBP, but that's because I was unable to fly the night before, when it would have costed me nearly half of that).

G
Where you flying from? The cheapest I'm getting is £100 one way
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
My ticket booked via travelup on Friday night was never ticketed, sent email yesterday - no reply; called today at 7pm (they're open till 9pm), they said they would call me back in 15-20 minutes - they didn't. Now my first two flights with AF booked under AZ code show up as cancelled

I'll try to call them in the morning, but I have no hope now
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by newflyer2013
Where you flying from? The cheapest I'm getting is £100 one way
GDN-WAW-DUS, booked yesterday for ~150 GBP (that's 2xOne-way for myself & the Mrs) - flying next Sunday with the first service out of GDN. Not bad at all (currently 85 GBP for a one-way ticket - I've just checked through Google Flights).

G
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:26 pm

GDN-WAW-DUS, booked yesterday for ~150 GBP (that's 2xOne-way for myself & the Mrs) - flying next Sunday with the first service out of GDN. Not bad at all (currently 85 GBP for a one-way ticket - I've just checked through Google Flights).

G
Great price, what's your itinerary like from FLR?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:32 pm

Great price, what's your itinerary like from FLR?
That's DUS-FCO-EZE, returning to FLR via FCO, but it is likely that I'm going to drop the last sector and fly to WAW instead (still on AZ, but separate ticket). It is worth noting that I decided to pay slightly more than others on this itinerary however, given all the troubles* I had in past with AZ/AF/KL issued tickets involving segments on each of those, I thought better safe than sorry!

*Not recognised tickets, unable to check-in on-line and a number of other interesting (for all the wrong reasons) stories which convinced me to spend a bit more yet to [hopefully] travel with less hassle.

G
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:36 pm

That's DUS-FCO-EZE, returning to FLR via FCO, but it is likely that I'm going to drop the last sector and fly to WAW instead (still on AZ, but separate ticket). It is worth noting that I decided to pay slightly more than others on this itinerary however, given all the troubles* I had in past with AZ/AF/KL issued tickets involving segments on each of those, I thought better safe than sorry!

*Not recognised tickets, unable to check-in on-line and a number of other interesting (for all the wrong reasons) stories which convinced me to spend a bit more yet to [hopefully] travel with less hassle.

G
I hope you have a great trip
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:39 pm

I hope you have a great trip
Cheers, thanks very much, newflyer2013 - after a year of mega-boring GDN-CPH-BHX-CPH-GDN weekly commute, I seriously can't wait!

P.S.: when/where are you off/to yourself?

G
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver

G
And we'll wait for your TR. On the italian forum...
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by rossmacd
All J - mixture of D and I class. Where seat selection is available (on AA/BA) I can select in the business cabin - and thanks to my OWE, my seat selections on BA are free instead of paid.
So, should I have to be OWE to avoid paying 92€ per person for the seat?
Should be with BA or anyone is enough (also AB)?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:44 pm

Cheers, thanks very much, newflyer2013 - after a year of mega-boring GDN-CPH-BHX-CPH-GDN weekly commute, I seriously can't wait!

P.S.: when/where are you off/to yourself?

G
That's is a long commute. Mrs and I are flying in two weeks FLR-FCO-AUH-MEL and back. I just hope this deal Doesnt get cancelled as the Mrs is already planning to what do in 14hr in EY Biz class, which we only experience via miles upgrade. Would nice closure to 2016.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by Dancrane
And we'll wait for your TR. On the italian forum...
Sure, Dan Something slightly more exciting than my recent TR involving a train to Birmingham International, a relatively short flight to Copenhagen and literally a 40-minute hop to Gdańsk on a CR9 And I shall wait for one of yours, too - can't beat them!

G
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by KiteM
So, should I have to be OWE to avoid paying 92€ per person for the seat?
Should be with BA or anyone is enough (also AB)?
And also....what if in the reservation we have 1 OWE and 2 with no status?
I will be able to choose seats for all of us?

Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:48 pm

That's is a long commute. Mrs and I are flying in two weeks FLR-FCO-AUH-MEL and back. I just hope this deal Doesnt get cancelled as the Mrs is already planning to what do in 14hr in EY Biz class, which we only experience via miles upgrade. Would nice closure to 2016.
All the very best to you both and get the positioning service booked! Please report back!

Safe travels,

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.