Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
I have a similar question about ebookers.com (UK). While booking tickets I saw no mention of OTA booking fees, and when observing the total price per ticket, it was composed of just two lines, Flight: xxx, Taxes and Fees: yyy.
It was only when observing the credit card postings that I see charges of GBP 10.50 per ticket attributed to ebookers, not the issuing airline.

For regular ebookers.com users, are these GBP 10.50 per ticket fees business as usual, and if so, are they specified somewhere on their website? Assuming that issuing airlines decide to cancel all (or some) of these tickets, do you expect/know whether these OTA fees will be refunded? TIA!
I find this odd as well. I know friends who also booked through Expedia.be who got charged no costs while i got charged an additional 7,5 per person per booking. A friend for whom I booked only got charged 2,5 extra.

trying to find the logic behind this. The fees just show up as an extra payment on my amex expenses.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
Has anyone actually flown yet on this fare?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Booked my positioning, going CE LHR-MXP in 2 days(on Thursday) on the last flight of the day getting in at 23:20 or so. Then need to get to FLR for 11am departure the next day
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jvde
I find this odd as well. I know friends who also booked through Expedia.be who got charged no costs while i got charged an additional 7,5 per person per booking. A friend for whom I booked only got charged 2,5 extra.....
Expedia charges fees for interline bookings. No fee if all flights are marketed by same airlines, including codeshares.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by umbyboy
Read upthread and you will see a few examples.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Read upthread and you will see a few examples.
A german guy his on his way from FLR to FCO right now.
Later he is going to NRT and back via AUH on EY to DUS.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:01 am
JvZ

Although the length of this thread is exceptional, please read only a few pages and you'll already find several examples of people who are actually flying succesfully.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
yes, about two or three now .
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:10 am

Someone has yet finished the complete journey and miles for the first flight hit his mileage account.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Booked my positioning, going CE LHR-MXP in 2 days(on Thursday) on the last flight of the day getting in at 23:20 or so. Then need to get to FLR for 11am departure the next day
Can't see how to do that using public transport. PSA is much closer and has lateish departures from secondary London airports, but even there I think you would struggle if arriving after 22:30 to get to Florence with the exception of the airport bus and a 2am Florence arrival.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by Psychowildfire
Someone has yet finished the complete journey and miles for the first flight hit his mileage account.
Yes, and they even flew already an award redeeming those flights
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HH DIAMOND, IHG PLAT, RYANAIR NO OTHER OPTION FLYER
Alitalia Finances & Stategy

Writing as someone who got a refund a few hours before Ansett filed for bankruptcy, and had less positive experience with similar at Sabena and Swissair, I think that monitoring Alitalia's financial position is very relevant to when to book supporting travel, hotels etc for tickets (if honoured) later in 2017. (Also to those of us who hadn't previously recognised improvements to AZ J class and might actually pay proper money for it sometime). However, to avoid clutter here have created a new thread on Alitalia Finances & Strategy on the AZ forum. Hopefully updates to it will be a useful data point for the Alitalia experts such as Alicorporate and irishguy who are already helping us (many thanks), as well as for us AZ newbies.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...-strategy.html
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by bonzo
Can't see how to do that using public transport. PSA is much closer and has lateish departures from secondary London airports, but even there I think you would struggle if arriving after 22:30 to get to Florence with the exception of the airport bus and a 2am Florence arrival.
On Friday there is a 0615 train from Milano Centrale to Florence (arr 0759) for EUR 45, which would mean an early start, but plenty of time to get to FLR for an 11am departure. Obviously this means a night in Milan rather than Florence.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
I did booked a FLR (Y) -FCO-ICN-AUH-DUS for 603 Euros and at the time of booking they were plenty of seats available
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:53 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I'm seeing one way rentals @ Hertz for around 41 euros (Fiat 500, including Super CDW), so that's a good option I guess.

Last edited by AJO; Dec 13, 2016 at 6:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.