Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by FFlyerCDG
99,99% of those who booked this fare ONLY did it because they got J for the price of Y !!
You are stating the obvious - and I personally never said otherwise in my post (perhaps you may want to read again?), everyone knows that those flights were booked exclusively because of the ridiculously low prices yet, as also previously stated by GUWonder, it could mean that a lot of people realise that AZ has improved its J product, meaning that they could possibly book again. I hope that's more clear (I can try in different languages, otherwise)

G
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
New business for AZ ?
Are you serious ?
99,99% of those who booked this fare ONLY did it because they got J for the price of Y !!
I would not be so sure with 99.99
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
$715 turned into €707 in the statement.
The currencies are almost at parity.

Why did you not book in your native currency?
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mster
Absolutely agree. Many have commented that they have picked seats so I'm just angling for the trick that has allowed them to do so
It seems to be random. On one of my tickets, the e-ticket was issued with the seats on AF already assigned (and can't be changed). On another, issued by the same OTA a few hours later, no seats on AF were pre-assigned and nothing can be selected.

For all other carriers - I either had pre-assigned seats, or was able to select [EY]/change[KL] seats on that airline's website - just not on AF.

On my sole AZ longhaul flight, a seat was pre-assigned...which doesn't appear on the seatmap for that aircraft type. I haven't dared use the PNRs on the AZ website so will worry about that when the time comes

I'm resigned to that and just hope the tickets stick.

There are no hard-and-fast rules with these tickets - but I wouldn't ring up asking for seating, or continue to enquire about it. Just let it slide...
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mster
Seeing everything but the longhaul AZ segments when pulling my itinerary up on the AF site. Weird.
Not at all. The AF PNR is created in Amadeus, solely for the use of Air France. Only their own flights need to be on it. They don't need to put other flights on other non-Amadeus carriers on to this PNR.

The e-ticket is what defines your ticket. Several PNRs can be generated for the e-ticket, and there is no requirement that they show all the flights (if they did, it would seem to indicate that there was no need to create more than one PNR in the first place)
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New business for AZ ?
Are you serious ?
AZ J is probably the best European business class in the skies right now.

You will hate going back to the angle lieflats on AF or the dormitory/coffins on BA after you've tried it!

I only wish AZ had a more extensive network - I had to rely on AF for a few flights.

I hear CDG has improved in the last few years for transit passengers, but if they delay my luggage again, I will not be happy!!! (It's why I stopped flying AF through CDG).
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The currencies are almost at parity.

Why did you not book in your native currency?
715$ today are €675 (last friday pretty much the same)

A fee of €32 overall.

I had to stick to whatever country version of Expedia/Orbitz/Ebookers came out with the EF.
As an example expedia.it never gave the EF on my searches, while co.uk yes.
Same for other OTAs.

Additionally, when at the end of the purchase process you try to switch currency, the page reloads and starts again from the beginning.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should use skyscanner or momondo and switch between European countries if you can't find something in Italy.

Germany is usually the go-to place for the cheapest offers @:-)
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:30 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Originally Posted by irishguy28
You should use skyscanner or momondo and switch between European countries if you can't find something in Italy.

Germany is usually the go-to place for the cheapest offers @:-)
Yes, I did it, but somehow ended up repriced.
^
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
You are stating the obvious - and I personally never said otherwise in my post (perhaps you may want to read again?), everyone knows that those flights were booked exclusively because of the ridiculously low prices yet, as also previously stated by GUWonder, it could mean that a lot of people realise that AZ has improved its J product, meaning that they could possibly book again. I hope that's more clear (I can try in different languages, otherwise)

G
That's a very good thing if they realize that AZ has improved its J product but what's the use of it if they only wait for the next EF ?
Would be much useful for AZ if they "possibly" buy tickets costing 3.000€ rather than 600€ :-)
Be my guest if you want to try different languages if you can.... My teachers always said practicing is a very good thing to improve a knowledge
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I would not be so sure with 99.99
I'm optimistic by nature...
Let's hope at least 0,01% of the people here travel with paid J/F tickets
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:38 am

Can we discuss convenient hotels around FLR? I have been to FLR years ago, but it was dark and I just took transport straight into town.

I have a 10am departure to CDG (FLR->CDG->JFK->SLC) in late June. Will arrive from LON the day before. Currently looking at Hotel Franchi, Via Giovanni Sgambati, 28. Any other ideas? Also it would seem there is a good dining option not too far away from there. Will be going HBO and don't mind walking the 900m from hotel to airport at 8:30am.

This all assumes the ticket is not cancelled in the next few weeks...
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by DavidBRKLYN
First time booking an error fare. Was able to book FLR-CDG-SGN-HKG-AUH-DUS on AF, VN and EY metal. Booked through Vayama. Got conf email with ref locators for AZ, VN, and EY. Can see itin on My Flights.

AZ page pulls up only FLR-CDG-SGN flights, even though CDG-SGN is on VN metal

VN page pulls up CDG-SGN-HKG flights only, but they are all of the VN metal flights.

EY page pulls up whole itin.

None allow me to change seats.

VN page says "We cannot recognize some reservation and/or electronic ticket elements. If you have any queries about your reservation, please contact the office that made the reservation and/or issued the ticket." at the tope

If I try to select seat on EY leg on their page I get "We are sorry but this booking cannot be changed online. Please contact us for further assistance."

Can anyone tell me if this means my flights are ticketed and valid or what, if anything, this means?
Had something pretty similar but managed to book some EY seats through AF website. However, backwards seats seem to be blocked haha.

I managed to book seats through KE website for ICNNRT but not for their FCOICN due to (I assume) I bought it through AZ codeshare flight code (AZ7686). On AF website it says "seats booking available on check-in"
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bonzo
Can we discuss convenient hotels around FLR? I have been to FLR years ago, but it was dark and I just took transport straight into town.

I have a 10am departure to CDG (FLR->CDG->JFK->SLC) in late June. Will arrive from LON the day before. Currently looking at Hotel Franchi, Via Giovanni Sgambati, 28. Any other ideas? Also it would seem there is a good dining option not too far away from there. Will be going HBO and don't mind walking the 900m from hotel to airport at 8:30am.

This all assumes the ticket is not cancelled in the next few weeks...
Can you not do that in the Destinations/Italy thread? The issue of hotels is entirely separate to the discussion of the fares. And discussion of hotels deserves its own thread.

Was looking for the most appropriate thread for you - and this one I am posting is NOT it - but look at this absolute gem of a thread I found!!

The guy was only 13 years too early in asking

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...nce-italy.html
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:48 am

I have a fare that i decided i don't really need, so instead of cancelling it I will just try and change it to some thing more suitable. lets see what happens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.