Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 13, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Unofficial cancellation statement from Alitalia: see post #2414, or the original post in Italian on a similar Italian forum

COW8C fare rules available in post #147 (second box)
DOW8C fare rules available in post #150
IOWGE fare rules available in post #1241
IRTGE fare rules available in post #1555
CRTEU fare rules available in post #1589
DOWGE fare rules available in post #1601
IRT8C2 fare rules available in post #2105
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Anyone else still standing? On day 8 now, both 055 and non-055 for me are still looking good.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Most call centres are now outsourced And we're all in [more-or-less] the same situation with refunds. Getting peed off knowing the risks you were facing beforehand will not help, get a proper hobby with all the time in the world, some fresh air, go for a run.

G
I know, but I was surprised that even a Polish-language call centre is outsourced to Ukraine or Belarus (judging by the accent), as labour costs in Poland are not that high. And of course I realised the possible consequences of booking an EF, but what annoys me is the unprofessional behaviour of the airline. Expedia.nl employees were very nice though, despite not being helpful at all.

Anyhow, I will wait for a week, if no solution I will firmly demand reinstatement of the original booking. Got nothing to lose, except time, which I have plenty t my disposal.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Even though I understand your frustration (and share some of it), I always find it a bit sad when we reach that point in the process where we start bashing the airline, the OTAs and their employees, national cultures and the likes.

AZ staff are probably not in the best of moods right now, and with good reason. I have never had a problem with them in the past and I will wait a bit longer before drawing conclusions. Not handled well? Certainly. Necessary to bash the airline, country of employees? Certainly not.
To be fair, they've never really had the best CS and this was actually the main reason why I stopped flying with them (or, better, not as much as I used to), but doubting safety or making remarks about X country because X airline did not honour X fare is moronic to say the least and not really in FT style, a community where people from all over the world contribute and share the very same passion.

G
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Estratos
I know, but I was surprised that even a Polish-language call centre is outsourced to Ukraine or Belarus (judging by the accent), as labour costs in Poland are not that high. And of course I realised the possible consequences of booking an EF, but what annoys me is the unprofessional behaviour of the airline. Expedia.nl employees were very nice though, despite not being helpful at all.

Anyhow, I will wait for a week, if no solution I will firmly demand reinstatement of the original booking. Got nothing to lose, except time, which I have plenty t my disposal.
On that note, they (rather surprisingly) still have an office in Nowy Świat in Warsaw, God only knows at what purpose and given their reduced presence in terms of services in Poland (you will surely remember the 4 daily flights to WAW and the 2XD to KRK - the good-old-days!).

G
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
#7 (last 055 ticket) dead. Assume the intern has finished with September.

only 1 non-055 booked and "maybe" still alive.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
On that note, they (rather surprisingly) still have an office in Nowy Świat in Warsaw, God only knows at what purpose and given their reduced presence in terms of services in Poland (you will surely remember the 4 daily flights to WAW and the 2XD to KRK - the good-old-days!).

G
Good to know, going to Warsaw tomorrow, maybe I should pay them a visit
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Even though I understand your frustration (and share some of it), I always find it a bit sad when we reach that point in the process where we start bashing the airline, the OTAs and their employees, national cultures and the likes.
Well, to be frank AZ thoroughly deserves the bashing here following the way they are handling this (AZ as the airline and the higher ups who decided to screw this all up, not the CS employees etc.). As for OTAs, i would guess those currently working for expedia (and others) must be even more frustrated than us and i wonder how big a hole this leaves for a company like expedia who these few days must have spent a significant amount of resources on this without possibly seeing a dime.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Anyone else still standing? On day 8 now, both 055 and non-055 for me are still looking good.
Any before Aug/Sep?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Its been a fun read. I'm gad i didn't waste my time. I've dealt with an alleged mistake fare once that was ticketed by Alitalia. They will typically cancel a segment and the rest of the ticket falls apart a few days to weeks later. If you have remaining legs don't expect them to last or expect to board.

at all the newbie posts and not so newbies throwing temper tantrums saying bad things about an airline just because they didn't get their way.

P.S. if your flight touches the US and you get jerked around about the refund process, submit to DOT. They won't force to honor but can hold the airline accountable for taking too long to process refunds.

Originally Posted by keitherson
I hope Alitalia has a good explanation for the DOT when the complaints go in when they start canceling the fares touching the US.
Originally Posted by RTW1
You are living in the past.... the DOT protection you value so much went out of the window with the UA error fares about a year ago. They couldn't care less about airlines honoring error fares.
First AS RTW1 states, DOT put their regulation on hold so they don't care. Second like the currency one on UA (Danish?) where everyone was accused of "hacking" the website. It should have been a slam dunk win, instead DOT decided the fares weren't marketed to those living in the US so they disclaimed jurisdiction instead of actually looking into the issue. Same issue here. It's marketed to those in FLR or DUS, going from Europe to Europe.

Last edited by CDKing; Dec 17, 2016 at 11:57 am
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Are you really sure refund will take so long?

Months ago I had flight changes and asked Budgetair for a refund.
They sent me an email where they stated refund would take from 2 to 24 weeks.

3 days ago my CC was credited the amount.

I mean....Just wait until Monday before blaming the whole world :-D
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:02 pm

Two 055 tickets booked through ebookers:

FLR-CDG-SEZ (AF, Air Seychelles codeshared with AZ), KIX-HKG-LAX (CX), SFO-HEL-DUS (AY)
FLR-CDG-SFO (AF codeshared with AZ), SFO-HKG-PEK (CX), CTU-HKG-DUS (CX)

both had the first codeshared AZ segments removed, leaving me with:

KIX-HKG-LAX (CX), SFO-HEL-DUS (AY)
SFO-HKG-PEK (CX), CTU-HKG-DUS (CX)

Hopefully I get to keep those
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
Mine's just gone in the last hour or so - it was BRU>MIA>FCO>FLR in March on 055 stock.

I dont really mind the cancellation, it's one of those things and while I was crossing my fingers I knew it was unlikely to go through... What I do mind is the absolutely appalling lack of communication about what they're doing. They have all my contact details including email, phone and postal address yet haven't bothered to reach out and tell me about the changes which they should be doing as soon as they make them - I can't believe for a moment that the significant changes without communication is compatible with EU consumer protection regulations.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DangerM55
Mine's just gone in the last hour or so - it was BRU>MIA>FCO>FLR in March on 055 stocks......
I am surprised that AZ actually works over the weekend.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
The intern is on over time. The people who do refunds are off.

Originally Posted by TerryK
I am surprised that AZ actually works over the weekend.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tamos
.....AA website: same as on 14th dec
Saudi website: original itin still intact
eBookers website: same, original itin still intact
Alitalia website: "Unable to locate reservation. Please try again."
Air France website: "Your reservation file is empty. Please contact our customer service for information about this file"....
That's not good. Not only is there no communication, you need to check multiple websites just to find out if your booking had been re-routed. If you just checked ebookers, which is the normal procedure, you would think that you are good to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.