FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] FLR-HKG/ICN/NRT-DUS from 770€ / J
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:43 am
CDKing
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Its been a fun read. I'm gad i didn't waste my time. I've dealt with an alleged mistake fare once that was ticketed by Alitalia. They will typically cancel a segment and the rest of the ticket falls apart a few days to weeks later. If you have remaining legs don't expect them to last or expect to board.

at all the newbie posts and not so newbies throwing temper tantrums saying bad things about an airline just because they didn't get their way.

P.S. if your flight touches the US and you get jerked around about the refund process, submit to DOT. They won't force to honor but can hold the airline accountable for taking too long to process refunds.

Originally Posted by keitherson
I hope Alitalia has a good explanation for the DOT when the complaints go in when they start canceling the fares touching the US.
Originally Posted by RTW1
You are living in the past.... the DOT protection you value so much went out of the window with the UA error fares about a year ago. They couldn't care less about airlines honoring error fares.
First AS RTW1 states, DOT put their regulation on hold so they don't care. Second like the currency one on UA (Danish?) where everyone was accused of "hacking" the website. It should have been a slam dunk win, instead DOT decided the fares weren't marketed to those living in the US so they disclaimed jurisdiction instead of actually looking into the issue. Same issue here. It's marketed to those in FLR or DUS, going from Europe to Europe.

Last edited by CDKing; Dec 17, 2016 at 11:57 am