Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided.

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:22 pm

25K to SQ *G

Departure Airport: SIN (or anywhere in SEAsia)
Miles Needed: 25k
Required Spend or Budget: usd2.6k
Available Travel Dates: flexible august onwards
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: flex

Route(s) You've Already Searched: I've booked AMD-EWR-AMD in J.
I am contemplating to book another AMD-EWR roundtrip, as I prefer a connection over 18hrs direct. Sleeping/lounging at an angle on sq seat is a pain for 18hrs...

If anyone has a more creative routes kindly share. Also open to South America route and may increase budget.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by skyccord
this fare is gone or at least missing with that link.
Yes. The fare is gone. In fact, the fares with my posts in MileageRun deals threads were gone very quickly; for example, IAD-SLC.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Air India Maharaja Club, Lufthansa FT, Jet Airways Platinum, Hilton Gold
UA Mileage Run - Status Match

Daugther needs 7,500 PQM or 8 PQS for status match. All 8 segments don’t need to be done on this trip. But would help to have at least 4 done (a layover each way). Then 90 days more for the rest

Departure Airport: YYZ
Miles Needed: 7,500 or 8 PQS
Required Spend or Budget: ~$350
Available Travel Dates: Aug 16/17-19 (needs to be in EWR area)
Required Metal or Codeshares: UA Required
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:21 pm

YYZ-SIN

ADD: A shorter run with 26 hours in Singapore.
A lot more miles than needed. Ia purhttps://www.google.com/flights#flt=Y...714*.USD.60714e
There is 10 hours layover at LAX, and a day or two in Singapore. It is about $600 for more than 20K PQM.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=Y...714*.USD.60714

Last edited by Kmxu; Jul 27, 2018 at 6:28 pm Reason: Add another link
Old Jul 28, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Hi all,

I have some UA TCVA certs that are expiring early Sept. looking for suggestions to maximize travel over a 2-4 day period (e.g. leave Fri, return Mon). I’ve tried google flights and ITA and the best I’ve come up with is a trip to TPE at around $800.

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: as many as possible, ideally long haul
Required Spend or Budget: up to $1000
Available Travel Dates: Early Aug is ideal (8/3 weekend, 8/10 weekend), but since it’s very close, any of these would work too: 8/31 weekend, any weekend in Oct, any weekend in Feb-June 2019
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA metal
Route(s) You've Already Searched: SEA-SFO and SEA-LAX to TPE, HKG, GUM, LIM, TXL, FRA, MUC

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by samplat; Jul 29, 2018 at 10:20 am Reason: fixed cut/paste issue
Old Jul 30, 2018, 6:59 am

ETC grace period of 30 days.

You have more time to book your trip. If you book during the ETC grace period, you may have to call United to book. There are a lot of good fares to Europe from the West Coast recently. Monitor theflightdeal.com site closely. Good luck.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ty-policy.html

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=S...IANCE;sd:1;t:f

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=S...081*.USD.82561

Last edited by Kmxu; Jul 30, 2018 at 7:38 am Reason: Add thread link
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM.
Departure Airport: SFO or STS
Miles Needed: flexible
Required Spend or Budget: 1800-2200 USD (Need to spend for PQDs for 1K requirement)
Available Travel Dates: Anytime December 10th - 31st
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: flexible

Route(s) You've Already Searched: Europe
I prefer to spend the the dollars in the comfort of business class. Just need to spend the $$, but would prefer the miles to get more GPU/RPUs.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by gsalem94122
Required Spend or Budget: 1800-2200 USD (Need to spend for PQDs for 1K requirement)

I prefer to spend the the dollars in the comfort of business class. Just need to spend the $$, but would prefer the miles to get more GPU/RPUs.
If you have some trips remaining this year, it is better to up-fare to domestic FC or international business. Just call UA and there won’t be any change fees. Alternatively, check the premium fares threads and you can find a cheap business ticket within your budget. Good luck.
Well, my approach would be to buy a lot of very cheap mileage runs tickets to increase PQMs (for extra GPUs beyond the 6 for 1K) and lifetime miles if I were in your situation. Tickets to China out of SFO are very cheap.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Kmxu

If you have some trips remaining this year, it is better to up-fare to domestic FC or international business. Just call UA and there won’t be any change fees. Alternatively, check the premium fares threads and you can find a cheap business ticket within your budget. Good luck.
Well, my approach would be to buy a lot of very cheap mileage runs tickets to increase PQMs (for extra GPUs beyond the 6 for 1K) and lifetime miles if I were in your situation. Tickets to China out of SFO are very cheap.

Thanks.

Right now, all of my flights are business or domestic first. (Including one to Hong Kong already). I have one award ticket being used, but am flying with my husband (so I can't justify paying for two seats to match our itinerary). I've been monitoring the premium fare thread, but UA gets little love on it! Was hoping for another idea or two here. Thanks again!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by gsalem94122

Are you looking to mileage run?.... or get it done quick and easy. I know you would like some miles, and that amount of spend could get you a ton... and I mean a ton of miles (likely in the 50,000 BIS miles in K fares or half to 2/3 of that in W fares to use GPU)..... give more specifics on what you want to do so we can help ya search this thing out.

There are XXX-HKG from many places in the states for $600 or so over labor day through October.... booked one already here. Booked XXX-CDG for $400 r.t. in late Oct as well for another 14,000 miles..... some real good deals out there, especially if you don't mind flying in coach.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by jjmoore
A... and I mean a ton of miles (likely in the 50,000 BIS miles in K fares or half to 2/3 of that in W fares to use GPU)......
You will receive two additional GPUs and 4 additional RPUs at 150K PQM even though your PQD is only $12K. If you are able to use it, they worth a lot.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Kmxu
You will receive two additional GPUs and 4 additional RPUs at 150K PQM even though your PQD is only $12K. If you are able to use it, they worth a lot.
Don't you have to clear an additional $3000 in spend as well? Or is $12000 it, and then it's all based on additional PQM's to get additional instruments?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:09 pm

No. The $12k is the only limit. All the additional GPUs come with just PQMs.

Thanks all.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:30 am

Need MR from EWR or NYC last weekends of Aug/Sep 1

Departure Airport: EWR or NYC
Miles Needed: Around 10K
Required Spend or Budget: 450$
Available Travel Dates: Aug 25-26 or Aug 31-Sep1
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: No

Route(s) You've Already Searched: Any that gives miles
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by chetal
Departure Airport: EWR or NYC
Miles Needed: Around 10K
Required Spend or Budget: 450$
Available Travel Dates: Aug 25-26 or Aug 31-Sep1
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: No

Route(s) You've Already Searched: Any that gives miles
One of the trick flights in previous years is LGA-IAH-EWR-BQN and BQN-EWR-IAH-LGA for about $345. But United.com and United App does not give me the return trip. This trip would get you 8800 PQM. You may try to call United reservations to book it. An agent would be gladly waive the booking fees because you cannot book it yourself.
Good luck.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=L...420*.USD.34420

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.