Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided.

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Other dates?

If you want to stay in Singapore for one night, the price drops to $870; that is, leaving a day earlier. If you can do this trip for $870 in November or early December after UA starts twice-daily SFO-SIN flights, you can get rid of the hotel cost by staying on ground for 14 h (8:00 am arrival and 10:20 pm departure). Good luck
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Here's an option!
UA:$970 AUS-SIN 19951PQM
Fri Sept 14
EWR-LAX-SIN
1hr10min turn in SIN
Sun Sept 16
SIN-SFO-AUS
https://goo.gl/flights/bCyP8

There are other options that have longer turnaround times in SIN, for example flying through LAX with a long connection in LAX, or flying through LAX and IAH on the way back with 2 hrs in each location, etc...

[EDIT]
I must have missed the Sept 7-9 dates above the first time I read your message. Here's another option (not quite as many miles, but pretty close, and a much better turn time in SIN):
UA:$970 AUS-SIN 19886PQM
Fri Sept 7
EWR-SFO-SIN
2hr30min turn in SIN
Sun Sept 9
SIN-SFO-AUS
https://goo.gl/flights/NpPs1
[/EDIT]
ATX1989 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: Mileage+
Try the combination Vienna/Budapest for the EZE flight, Budapest is cheaper from ORD as return flight. You just have to book a single BUD-VIE flight (over FRA which gives you another 1000 miles..)

Edit: Bucharest OPT also works with this fare

Last edited by mbruehl; Jul 10, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Thanks, very helpful! I'll wait for later in the year. (>3 cpm means greater than). I want to spend less for more!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:00 pm

Question Looking for MR from EWR

UA 15000 PQM NeededDeparture Airport: EWR
Miles Needed: UA 15000 PQM
Required Spend or Budget: Least Possible
Available Travel Dates: September and beyond
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: No Code-Share

Route(s) You've Already Searched: NYC/SFO, NYC/CUN, NYC/LON
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
EWR-SFO-TPE-SFO-EWR, overnight at Taipei for $747 (all UA metal): 18000 PQM

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...308*.JPY.84308

JFK-HND-KUL (overnight) - HND (overnight) - JFK for $632 (all NH metal, but 100% PQM with UA): 20000~PQM

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=/...441*.JPY.71441
Old Jul 18, 2018, 1:38 am

MR between MEX YVR RIO

Hi all ! I hope someone can help. So, basically I need to go from MEX to YVR to RIO (one way) while trying to maximise my miles — whether this is through a quick detour to Alaska or Asia or / and Zig zagging.

Departure Airport: MEX eventually getting to YVR (preferred) and back to RIO (essential)
Miles needed: anything will do as long as it is a good CPM
Required Spend or Budget: max 2000 ideally
Available Travel Dates: leaving MEX 22 July
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: 4 segments on UA
preferred cabin: C on long haul

thanks !!!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by welltravelled88
Hi all ! I hope someone can help. So, basically I need to go from MEX to YVR to RIO (one way) while trying to maximise my miles — whether this is through a quick detour to Alaska or Asia or / and Zig zagging.

Departure Airport: MEX eventually getting to YVR (preferred) and back to RIO (essential)
Miles needed: anything will do as long as it is a good CPM
Required Spend or Budget: max 2000 ideally
Available Travel Dates: leaving MEX 22 July
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: 4 segments on UA
preferred cabin: C on long haul

thanks !!!

$2050 today.

Q from MEX-YVR, G from YVR-PEK, and V from PEK-GIG ... nice thing is being up-gradable from from China to Brazil.... 23,000 BIS / PQM for right around $2000 per your request... not the best CPM, but fits your need...... and all UA metal.

I think there are some options that eliminate / modify connections that could save you a couple hundred... may be worth checking into.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by jjmoore

$2050 today.

Q from MEX-YVR, G from YVR-PEK, and V from PEK-GIG ... nice thing is being up-gradable from from China to Brazil.... 23,000 BIS / PQM for right around $2000 per your request... not the best CPM, but fits your need...... and all UA metal.

I think there are some options that eliminate / modify connections that could save you a couple hundred... may be worth checking into.

thanks so so much JJMOore !

This is really good and will look into this. Just I might not have a China visa at such short notice but will try.

what you mean I would be upgradable feom China to Brazil ?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by welltravelled88

thanks so so much JJMOore !

This is really good and will look into this. Just I might not have a China visa at such short notice but will try.

what you mean I would be upgradable feom China to Brazil ?
Booked in V class from PEK-GIG... so if you're 1K on United, you can apply 1 GPU for that entire journey...

You can also do miles + copay ... likely 30,000 miles + $500 which is not bad for 24 hours in the air if you can clear it.....

The trip I sent you is really not a great mileage run since you're paying around $0.08/mile ... The better ones I have done in the past have been around $0.03/mile. Nonetheless, if you are looking for that number of miles and are willing to pay that much for it, I would say go for it. If I had the $$, I wouldn't mind this trip, even in Y.

As for the China visa... you should check into it... you may not need a visa if only staying for 1 night.... not sure. I have a 10 year visa from earlier this year when I was there for an entire week.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:57 am

Question

Hi everyone.

I just realized I will need to earn 20,000 PQM before Dec to maintain my UA status. I will appreciate if you can help me finding out options to achieve it.

Departure Airport: MEX / IAH
Miles Needed: UA 20,000 PQM
Required Spend or Budget: less possible
Available Travel Dates: November (weekends) or December
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA metal

Route(s) You've Already Searched: MEX-EWR-Europe/Asia/South America…

Thank you for your help!
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:42 pm

Oct 26 .... MEX-SFO-SIN returning Oct 28 same routing. All in W for $1,339 .... plus GPU and maybe a shot of upgrades.
flyer_mty likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:39 am

If you want to stay in SIN for one night, there is a cheaper option (MEX-SFO-SIN-SFO-MEX). 20,640 PQM for $905.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=M...497*.USD.90497
flyer_mty likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by Wh1stler
UA 15000 PQM NeededDeparture Airport: EWR
Miles Needed: UA 15000 PQM
Required Spend or Budget: Least Possible
Available Travel Dates: September and beyond
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: No Code-Share

Route(s) You've Already Searched: NYC/SFO, NYC/CUN, NYC/LON
Just a quick look give me
EWR - SIN
22K PQM
$768
3 -5 days
All UA
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:42 pm

EWR-NRT-GUM-MNL-GUM-NRT-EWR, for $750 and nearly 20K PQM. You will enjoy one-day visit in Guam.
https://www.google.com/flights#flt=E...251*.USD.75001
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:57 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
this fare is gone or at least missing with that link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.