Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Maximum Budget (choose one, and state the value):
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:
Do you have a Chinese Visa (Yes/No)?

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.
There are many good fares to China (PEK or PVG). If you have a Chinese visa, these options will be provided.

If your requested PQM is in a few thousand, please give a more accurate amount. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by LacMajeur
Hello,
I need to go to the far east on May or June for a ten-days trip, my dates are pretty flexible.
I found very cheap tickets on Air China (GVA - PEK - HKG for 246€ return, L class), but giving only 25% miles on A3.
Is there a way to get more miles while keeping a reasonable price?
Thank you

Departure Airport: GVA (or ZRH, MXP)
Arrival Airport: HKG, TPE (or even SIN, BKK, KUL, CGK - because plenty of low-cost connexions are available)
Miles Needed: As many as possible
Required Spend or Budget: Ideally below 400$, maybe $500.
Available Travel Dates: May - June, around ten days, flexible.
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Star Alliance operated.
The award miles typically worth 2 cent per mile or less. If you can save money on the ticket, just purchase the cheap ticket and forget how many award miles you will earn.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by c5ruzr
Departure Airport: BOS
Required Spend or Budget: None required. Looking for decent mileage run deal with a good spot to spend a few days. Target <$500 domestic US/C Am. economy, <$1000 domestic US/C Am. biz, <$800 economy S. Am/Europe/N Africa/Asia, <$2000 Biz S. Am/Europe/N Africa/Asia
Available Travel Dates: Prefer 3/17 but could do 3/16 PM. Return 3/21 or 3/22, possibly 3/23 AM.
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: Crediting to TK. On UA: prefer L Class or higher (75+%)
Just change the destinations on the Google flight search. You will easily find the flights that you want. Good luck.
https://www.google.com/flights/explo...5;d=2018-03-23
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Need miles not spend

Departure Airport: msp
Miles Needed: 11K
Required Spend or Budget: lowest possible
Available Travel Dates: open
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: as long as I get miles

Willing to do quick turn. I sleep well in airports
Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Honors Silver
Departure Airport: MFE, HRL, BRO, IAH
Miles Needed: 35K
Required Spend or Budget: lowest possible
Available Travel Dates: 3/29-4/1; All of June, July, and August
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA Metal for long-hauls, short-hauls can be with *A
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond
Weekly YUL-ORD Flights optimize altitude status and mileage

Hi all,

Departure Airport: YUL
Destination
Airport: ORD
Miles Needed: MAX
Current Status: AC none
Required Spend or Budget: < 400 USD per RT
Available Travel Dates: Weekly (Sun-Mon to Thu-Fri) for next 6 months
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: AC

I'm new at this, so hope I provide enough info, and can get advice.
I will soon be commuting weekly RT from YUL to ORD (750 OW direct miles) for at least the next 6 months (~26 RT). I currently have and earn Aeroplan miles (~150K), but don't have any AC status yet. I also previously collected AS mileage plan too (~50K).

The YUL to ORD route is served by AC, UA, and AA non-stop.

Questions:
  1. I am planning to use AC metal to accumulate aeroplans, and status. Any alternative advice?
  2. In order to speed up the AC Altitude status, are there any mileage run deals to optimize this process? I'd like to keep the RT airfare < 400 USD (i can book in advance). I'm more flexible with my return trip in order to increase mileage (ex: ORD-FLL-YUL or ORD-LAS-YUL).
  3. Does flying UA metal account for AC altitude mileage?
  4. Does AC Tango fare mileage give 100% AC altitude mileage?
  5. Any other advice?
Thank you for your advice
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by ttyl
Sorry to not have more info (I'm not familiar with the AC program), but hopefully this will help some! Regarding earning AC miles when flying on UA metal, here's a screenshot from this link on the Aeroplan website:

And, regarding Tango fares, it looks like they only give 50% miles. Here's a screenshot from this link on the Aeroplan website for earning AC miles when flying AC metal:
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by ttyl
Hi all,

Departure Airport: YUL
Destination
Airport: ORD
Miles Needed: MAX
Current Status: AC none
Required Spend or Budget: < 400 USD per RT
Available Travel Dates: Weekly (Sun-Mon to Thu-Fri) for next 6 months
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: AC

I'm new at this, so hope I provide enough info, and can get advice.
I will soon be commuting weekly RT from YUL to ORD (750 OW direct miles) for at least the next 6 months (~26 RT). I currently have and earn Aeroplan miles (~150K), but don't have any AC status yet. I also previously collected AS mileage plan too (~50K).

The YUL to ORD route is served by AC, UA, and AA non-stop.

Questions:
  1. I am planning to use AC metal to accumulate aeroplans, and status. Any alternative advice?
  2. In order to speed up the AC Altitude status, are there any mileage run deals to optimize this process? I'd like to keep the RT airfare < 400 USD (i can book in advance). I'm more flexible with my return trip in order to increase mileage (ex: ORD-FLL-YUL or ORD-LAS-YUL).
  5. Any other advice?
Thank you for your advice
UA, USA to China OJ from $303 ai
Outbound from BTV and return to YUL. X31 did this many times (see the wiki page on the thread above). Good luck.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Looking to hit KrisFlyer Elite Gold sometime prior to August 31st.

Departure Airport: SNA (+LAX/LGB/SAN)
Miles Needed: 14,481 (prior to 08/31/2018)
Required Spend or Budget: Ideally less than 4cpm.
Available Travel Dates: Fairly flexible; close-in preferred.
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: no metal requirements, but need something that credits more than 25% to SQ.
Route(s) You've Already Searched: tried most TPAC routes, but they're all astronomically expensive for little to no earnings (e.g. ANA/UA K fares, NZ G, etc.)

Is my best route just to milk the $217 RT LAX-BWI/IAD fares on Alaska? I'd love to knock it out in one long-haul flight to save time, but I accept that it may not be practical.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Is my best route just to milk the $217 RT LAX-BWI/IAD fares on Alaska? I'd love to knock it out in one long-haul flight to save time, but I accept that it may not be practical.
I don't want to get things to off track because AS has it's own thread but IF you focus on AS - which I recommend - there are a lot of $230 RT T-Con's out of SAN too. BOS, EWR, BWI in May. I'd give those a look too as well as the sub $200 AS and UA Hawaii fares floating around right now!

Last edited by Madone59; Mar 20, 2018 at 2:01 pm
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Kmxu
UA, USA to China OJ from $303 ai
Outbound from BTV and return to YUL. X31 did this many times (see the wiki page on the thread above). Good luck.
Thanks for the reply.

I see that X31 has been interchanging exit & entrances between YUL and BTV, but these were for flights to China (btw, are these mileage runs still available?).

But for more practical traveling between Montreal and Chicago, how can I apply this to my weekly commute? Can you please give an example.

Thanks

Last edited by ttyl; Mar 20, 2018 at 3:34 pm Reason: Add quote
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:11 pm

It is priced out at US$399; https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...841*.USD.39841
You might be able to find a cheaper one.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Madone59
I don't want to get things to off track because AS has it's own thread but IF you focus on AS - which I recommend - there are a lot of $230 RT T-Con's out of SAN too. BOS, EWR, BWI in May. I'd give those a look too as well as the sub $200 AS and UA Hawaii fares floating around right now!
Yeah, saw those today. Might book when I get home. Was kinda hoping for a long-haul *A fare though. Contemplating one of the $500-600 SAS fares, maybe LAX-ARN, but not sure if I'll run into carry-on baggage restrictions.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: United 2M, Marriott Titanium
1K status help

Hello, this group helped me last year, so I'm hoping to find success again. I'm working to keep my 1K United status but I'm trying to travel less for work to make this happen...thanks for your help!
Departure Airport - SFO
Miles Needed - looking for 15K - 20K
Required Spend or Budget - would prefer as cheap as possible, don't need PQD, I travel for work so won't have a problem meeting this
Available Travel Dates - looking for quick turn around, and have availability the week of May 14th, May 21st, June 4th and options again in late July and August
Required Metal - United
Route(s) You've Already Searched: I"m not having a lot of luck, tried the route from last year that worked for me and a few others but am not finding the best miles for the cost.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SFKate
Hello, this group helped me last year, so I'm hoping to find success again. I'm working to keep my 1K United status but I'm trying to travel less for work to make this happen...thanks for your help!
Departure Airport - SFO
Required Spend or Budget - would prefer as cheap as possible, don't need PQD, I travel for work so won't have a problem meeting this
Available Travel Dates - looking for quick turn around, and have availability the week of May 14th, May 21st, June 4th and options again in late July and August
Required Metal - United
Route(s) You've Already Searched: I"m not having a lot of luck, tried the route from last year that worked for me and a few others but am not finding the best miles for the cost.
Are you willing to do TPAC MRs or only domestic? Any limit as to how long you can be on a given MR? What was the route you used last year successfully?

David
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by SFKate
Departure Airport - SFO
Required Metal - United
When you say "Required Metal - United", do you mean you actually need to fly on UA flights? Or just flights that get UA PQM? I'm assuming the latter, because I would think that only status match would require UA metal...

So, based on not needing only UA metal, here are a couple options:

$520 SFO-BKK, 16849PQM
Mon 21 May SFO-NRT-BKK
(~7.5 hrs overnight in BKK)
Wed 23 May BKK-NRT-LAX-SFO
https://goo.gl/flights/xjDjS

or, this option has a quick 50min connection time in PNH, and I know nothing about the airport, or visa requirement for Cambodia...but, here it is anyway:

$514 SFO-PNH, 15238PQM
Mon 20 Aug SFO-ICN-PNH
(50min turn in PNH)
Wed 22 Aug PNH-NRT-SFO
https://goo.gl/flights/YHc3e

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.