Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Can also confirm that DL was able to reissue (or issue) a ticket which was given a booking reference number yet no ticket number. The entire process took two attempts by my wonderful wife and the second agent took about 45 minutes to reconstruct the ticket; however, it was issued. Tickets were originally booked through ebookers and flightnetwork.com, who were useless.

About one hour after ticketing I received an email from DL responding to my initial complaint asking them to honour the ticket, in which they stated that the case had been resolved through the reissuing of the ticket. (see below)

Dear Mr. xxxxx,

RE: Case Number xxxxxx

Thank you for contacting us through delta.com.

After further review, it appears we were able to already assist you with
your reservation and honor the fare. Your Delta confirmation number is
HMRRHY.

Mr. xxxxx, thank you again for giving us an opportunity to respond to
your concern. We very much appreciate your Gold Medallion loyalty to
Delta.

Sincerely,

xxxxx xxxxxxx
Medallion Desk
www.delta.com

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Delta Air Lines Delta.com Booking Form

Title: Mr
First Name: xxxxx
Middle Name: x
Last Name: xxxxx
Suffix:
Reply-To Email Address: [email protected]
Airline Program: DL
Frequent Flyer Number: xxxxxxxxxx
Address:
Address Line 2:
City:
State/Province:
Postal Code/Zip:
Confirmation NUmber: xxxxxx
Ticket Number:
Cruise ID:
Departure Date: 11/01/2014
Departure Flight Number: DL3981
Departure Origin City: YYZ
Departure Destination City: BOS
Return Date: 12/01/2014
Return Flight Number: DL3615
Return Origin City: BOS
Return Destination City: YYZ
Number of Travelers:
Reference Code:
Certificate Number:
Message: On December 26, 2013 I booked a flight with flightnework.com
from Toronto to Boston on Delta Airlines for two passengers for a total
fare of $279.72. I was provided with a confirmation number and an
airline booking reference number. I received an email later that evening
stating that "...we are unable to proceed with your Flight Network
reservations as the quoted fare of $279.72 is not valid as per the
airline." I have been informed by the media that Delta had an error
yesterday and has chosen to honour the fares sold, which I admire.
However, in my case, it would seem that Delta has chosen not to honour
the fare and has blocked the O.T.A. from issuing my e-ticket. Are you
able to help me in this case or is this something that I must appeal to
the D.O.T. for support?

Submitted: Fri Dec 27 2013 06:17:28 GMT-0500 (EST)

Note: I did contact the D.O.T. who did respond to my email within the day. They asked for additional information which I provided to them. I have updated the DOT caseworker with this new information and I consider the case closed.

Thanks for the advice provided on this forum. Didn't think I stood a chance, but I'm pleased with the precedent this has now set for future cases.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
I can't bring up my reinstated Vliegtickets reservation on Delta's website anymore. Tried both confirmation and ticket number. Ugh, on hold now waiting to talk to a rep.
Yes, that is standard. Once .nl canceled it, it disappears from dl.com. No big deal. DL can find it based on the PNR. Did you take a screen shot and/or remember your DL PNR?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Delta is working on getting my .nl ticket sorted out right now. ^
After being on hold for 90 minutes and being told multiple times they were almost done reconstructing my itinerary, they denied it at the end saying they can't help me since I don't have ticket numbers.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by h8stn4d
Yes, that is standard. Once .nl canceled it, it disappears from dl.com. No big deal. DL can find it based on the PNR. Did you take a screen shot and/or remember your DL PNR?
No, this happened after I called and had it reinstated by Delta early this morning. Everything looked good, I just wanted to move my seats around and it doesn't seem to exist anymore. I have a ticket number in the e-mail confirmation that I received after they put it back together.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:30 am

Location: Currently somewhere between JFK and SYD (taking the long way)
No, this happened after I called and had it reinstated by Delta early this morning. Everything looked good, I just wanted to move my seats around and it doesn't seem to exist anymore. I have a ticket number in the e-mail confirmation that I received after they put it back together.
I had the same thing happen. I had to then talk to the manual reissue desk directly and they reinstated everything again. (This time they just pulled it right back up as it required no reconstructing or charging of credit card.) They said that Vliegtickets is now going through and trying to cancel everything...?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:31 am

Still on hold, but sounds like Vliegtickets cancelled the tickets again. Seriously?!

Delta is working on fixing it, but everyone might want to be watching their itineraries closely.

Originally Posted by jordroz
I had the same thing happen. I had to then talk to the manual reissue desk directly and they reinstated everything again. (This time they just pulled it right back up as it required no reconstructing or charging of credit card.) They said that Vliegtickets is now going through and trying to cancel everything...?
Ok thanks, that makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. Anyway to block Vliegtickets from messing with these?

Last edited by alphaeagle; Dec 28, 2013 at 10:34 am Reason: Added quote
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by EWRfflyer
I got 3 JFK to PHX F both ways for $117 ai Presidents weekend

I got 3 JFK to SEA $193 ai F out and T back Spring break in April

Any one know if I can upgrade the "T" fare with Skypesos?
I booked JFK-PHX in F for President's Weekend as well for $39!
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Executive Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, National Executive
Ticketed!

Finally got a supervisor in SLC who was able to make it happen.

Amazingly, at the end he accidentally charged me the total price for both passengers for each passengers (so double). Was able to issue a voucher for the difference rather than redo the whole thing.

Can't believe Delta honored these without a ticket number.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:57 am

Delta is working on fixing it, but everyone might want to be watching their itineraries closely.
Delta was able to re-re-instate my flights ^

I'm checking my itinerary every 5 minutes though. Luckily I only have to spend a week doing that before my flights
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
[CENTER]
Originally Posted by tc[/CENTER
ook052;22040086]xp.ca sent me an email asking for my feedback about the reservation process with them. I'd say it was positive...

Originally Posted by okazon69
Same here. I'd wait a month or two to make sure DL doesn't change their mind...
I'll respond AFTER the trip
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:13 am

Delta is working on getting my .nl ticket sorted out right now. ^
After being on hold for 90 minutes and being told multiple times they were almost done reconstructing my itinerary, they denied it at the end saying they can't help me since I don't have ticket numbers.
Okie....so after a total call length of 119 minutes and asking for a supervisor to intervene, they have issued my itinerary (3 rt tickets) ^ ^ ^

This was one of the nicest airline reps I've ever encountered and kept in constant communication during the extended wait. Shocking.

Now I have to make sure .nl does not mess with my booking and that they issue me a prompt refund as Delta charged me directly (no phone booking fee, and overall much cheaper than even what .nl had charged)
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Team - FlightNetwork is being a royal PITA. All I have is their original confirmation number, not the Delta PNR. Called Delta and they can't find any record of my PNR, and FN is giving me the run around.

Any advice of a way to find the Delta PNR? I stupidly did not take screen shots. Also, when I call Delta, is everyone calling the regular reservations line? If someone would be so kind as to PM me a better number that has a high probability of getting routed to SLC or wherever these awesome agents are that are reinstating the itineraries, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:38 am

I also ordered tickets from vliegtickets.nl that got canceled and I'm on the phone now trying to get them reinstated. The first rep said he couldn't honor the fare. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and she came on and asked me how much I paid for the tickets and she is off working on it now. Hope I have the same success that the rest of you have had.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 11:59 am

Location: Currently somewhere between JFK and SYD (taking the long way)
Ok thanks, that makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. Anyway to block Vliegtickets from messing with these?
I don't think so. How many times can they cancel it? Vliegtickets must be going through and processing refunds and that's what's causing the re-cancellation. At this point the reservation was made and confirmed by Delta, so Vliegtickets should be out of the picture. Even if they do try again, I'm sure Delta will reinstate it and honor it as they've said they will.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:12 pm

After 37 minutes on hold, my tickets have been reinstated! Thanks for all the descriptive posts of how to get it done. I also had a very nice supervisor help me out, she kept me informed of the long wait times the entire way, and at the end of the call had a bit of a chuckle when I thanked her and she said "enjoy your trip to Hawaii".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.