Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by h8stn4d
I don't blame .nl, other than for their delay in ticketing.
The irony, of course, is that the latency on that site is why people were using it to begin with.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by swag
The irony, of course, is that the latency on that site is why people were using it to begin with.
Indeed! Although ebookers was alive just as long (I think) and their tix issued without a hiccup.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
1. Where did you find your fare rules?
Its on the receipt. It gives me the fare construction with the fare basis and says Non-Refundable.

The fare basis matches fares that currently still exist (Much higher price) and they list the standard change fee. The trouble i'm having is determining if they are UP fares or discounted first. Fare basis has UP in it but according to EF some are instant upgrade and some are excursion fares.

Mine ends in /WP1U and I cant seem to figure out what it means. I see some on EF on various routes that are UP fares but they end in /WNUP
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by gtolj2
I just called in and got my K and B fare r/t's changed for free within 24 hours of booking, all it cost me was a 20 minute phone call. YMMV
What?! How did they let you change it without repricing?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
What?! How did they let you change it without repricing?
It was within 24 hours, and as they say, ask and you [shall/may/could] receive. The segments of the return I had to change were originally in B and K, and the new fares on the DL site were in X, so the rep had to manually change the booking to reflect the original fare class (SCORE!). Maybe she was having a good day?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by nas6034
So where did people book out of NYC and for what price? I missed this so now I have to live vicariously through the ones that got in on it.
JFK/LAX/JFK in Biz Elite (layflat on the outbound). $58.80 R/T
JFK/LAS/JFK in Biz Elite on a 757. $60.10 R/T

I can't believe I booked 2 business trips instead of booking family vacations. The deal was dead at that point.

Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
I should make an Outlook Group and just send out mass email when things like this go down, prob the easiest way rather than alerting everyone individually esp when time is of the essence
Good luck. @:-)

Originally Posted by tcook052
Grabbed a CAD$131 RT all in YEG-LGA in June so will see if it survives.
Are you coming to this DO? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...14-2014-a.html

Speaking of DO's and local dinners... This is the best way to network and make friends. Hang around long enough and I promise you that you'll make friends that will have, as Napolean Dynamite once said, have your back.

I owe someone a big thank you. ^

dh
Old Dec 27, 2013, 2:24 pm

I think we need to call in Marathon Man to help us sort out the vliegtickets.nl fiasco
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Jack Nicas an aviation reporter for the WSJ tweeted this out about 15 minutes ago...

"To those who can't get their cheap Delta tix honored: @Delta tells me they will honor all tix, no matter how they were booked."

So if these OTA's are saying no, I would talk to them again and then get Delta involved so these trips can be ticketed.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by CO777
Jack Nicas an aviation reporter for the WSJ tweeted this out about 15 minutes ago...

"To those who can't get their cheap Delta tix honored: @Delta tells me they will honor all tix, no matter how they were booked."

So if these OTA's are saying no, I would talk to them again and then get Delta involved so these trips can be ticketed.
Do you have a link for that
I don't have any issues but I'd like to read it none the less
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club

Tried that... Delta said to go through the TA, that they couldn't do anything. The TA, of course, passed the buck right back to DL.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

"To those who can't get their cheap Delta tix honored: @Delta tells me they will honor all tix, no matter how they were booked"
The key word here is ticket.....Not a confirmation of a booking request.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Do you have a link for that
I don't have any issues but I'd like to read it none the less
Here is the link to his twitter account: https://twitter.com/jacknicas
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:16 pm

He also tweeted out this:

"Please follow up with Delta, and if you're still having trouble, let me know by email: [email protected]"
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
He also tweeted out this:

"Please follow up with Delta, and if you're still having trouble, let me know by email: [email protected]"
Especially if you have XP issues, Orbitz and PL haven't responded so I'm not sure they are included or are they

anyway, yay for me since I went thru XP.CA.. although like I said, no issues so far
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:32 pm

Yeah but what does this mean? @deltaassist's directing me to the travel agent.

Originally Posted by @deltaassist
You would need to contact the travel agency that you made the ticket with to see if they can bring back the old fare. *WG
What they're saying seems impossible

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.