Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:37 pm

Location: Currently somewhere between JFK and SYD (taking the long way)
My reservations made on Vliegtickets.nl are being honored! Delta is restoring everything. On hold now while they push everything through on their end.

Bloody fantastic! Too bad I'm not even the one going to Hawaii this time.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, IHG Plt, SPG Gld
Just got an email from vliegtickets.nl regarding my itinerary, which was canceled. I got super excited, and then super dejected when I translated it and found out it was just a form email for booking add-ons. Ah, the emotional roller coaster that is a mistake fare.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by halfpny
Just got an email from vliegtickets.nl regarding my itinerary, which was canceled. I got super excited, and then super dejected when I translated it and found out it was just a form email for booking add-ons. Ah, the emotional roller coaster that is a mistake fare.
Ha! I got the same thing. Rubbing salt into an open wound.

"How about a rental car for this wicked cheap itinerary we just told you we're going to have to cancel?"
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:52 pm

Delta is going through and reissuing tickets manually at the price that was paid to Vliegtickets. Already have a ticket number and confirmation email from Delta with payment details. All's well that ends well!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by jordroz
Delta is going through and reissuing tickets manually at the price that was paid to Vliegtickets. Already have a ticket number and confirmation email from Delta with payment details. All's well that ends well!
Were you given the impression that they're pre-emptively doing it for all itineraries or just those that called in?

Last edited by halfpny; Dec 27, 2013 at 11:08 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:06 pm

Were you given the impression that they're per-emptively doing it for all itineraries or just those that called in?
Just those that call in. She even advised me to tell my sister to call and get hers taken care of ASAP, which I'm doing now on her behalf.

Odd thing is that PayPal is still showing that my payment to Vliegtickets is completed, and Delta had to charge my card for the price I told them I paid Vliegtickets. They don't seem to have anyway of seeing transactional data from Vliegtickets and guaranteed me that money would be refunded.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, CX Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by dhammer53
JFK/LAX/JFK in Biz Elite (layflat on the outbound). $58.80 R/T
JFK/LAS/JFK in Biz Elite on a 757. $60.10 R/T
Wow, that is awesome! Congrats.

I ended up getting SEA/JFK/SEA, coach outbound, Biz Elite on the return. $86 R/T. Personal trip for me - I'll visit some friends Saturday evening and head back on Sunday.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jordroz
Just those that call in. She even advised me to tell my sister to call and get hers taken care of ASAP, which I'm doing now on her behalf.

Odd thing is that PayPal is still showing that my payment to Vliegtickets is completed, and Delta had to charge my card for the price I told them I paid Vliegtickets. They don't seem to have anyway of seeing transactional data from Vliegtickets and guaranteed me that money would be refunded.
Thank you so much for posting. I just got off the phone with Delta and was able to get my flights re-instated for next week. It took a while but the agent was very nice about it. Apparently they have been getting lots of calls regarding fares published that day :P
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Were any international fares available from this glitch?
Canada, certainly. I'm not aware of any trans/Pac/Atl tickets.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Can confirm that DL is manually rebooking people who had tickets with vliegtickets. Requires a call-in. I had a relatively easy time with the DM desk, but my friend who is a GM had to do a bit more arguing. Suspect that this will be easier for elites. It wasn't an exact match -- my original BOS-HNL flight was booked into P and cost 98 EUR (~$135) and this new ticket is booked into A/I and cost ~$185, but safe to say that I'm not complaining.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Yes, I am as I know the tour leader.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Can confirm that DL is manually rebooking people who had tickets with vliegtickets. Requires a call-in. I had a relatively easy time with the DM desk, but my friend who is a GM had to do a bit more arguing. Suspect that this will be easier for elites. It wasn't an exact match -- my original BOS-HNL flight was booked into P and cost 98 EUR (~$135) and this new ticket is booked into A/I and cost ~$185, but safe to say that I'm not complaining.
How did they handle the booking fees from vliegtickets? Was that included in the new Delta price? I assume the 're-instatement' will end up having nothing to do with vliegtickets?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:01 am

How did they handle the booking fees from vliegtickets? Was that included in the new Delta price? I assume the 're-instatement' will end up having nothing to do with vliegtickets?
For one of mine fare now shows at $0 and the rest as taxes and fees, the other one has a fare of $8.50. Still same fare classes and routing. Looks like those booking fees are now going to Delta!
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:29 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Another .nl ticket success, called Delta res line, took about 40 minutes to get everything squared away and ticketed. The price went up from 250ish to 280ish for 3 people. I had to pay using my CC, not sure what will happen with the .nl site as far as a refund goes, but that's another bridge I'll cross later. Kudos to Delta for stepping up.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I just notice the website offered to let me change flights to alternate routing. Unfortunately wants to $200 change fee since its outside 24 hours. I knew i should have tried that earlier I found flights with A bucket and fare difference was only $20

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.