Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:42 am

Programs: IHG platinum, Hilton diamond, Hyatt platinum, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by jordroz
My reservations made on Vliegtickets.nl are being honored! Delta is restoring everything. On hold now while they push everything through on their end.

Bloody fantastic! Too bad I'm not even the one going to Hawaii this time.
Thank you and OP a zillion times !!! ^
After spending 1 hour finally got the tickets reinstated!
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

asked for supervisor and then was transfered to ticketing desk that manually rebuilt it - took an hour with hall time being fare and taxes calculation.
Very impressed delta did it.

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
Another .nl ticket success, called Delta res line, took about 40 minutes to get everything squared away and ticketed. The price went up from 250ish to 280ish for 3 people. I had to pay using my CC, not sure what will happen with the .nl site as far as a refund goes, but that's another bridge I'll cross later. Kudos to Delta for stepping up.

Last edited by azepine00; Dec 28, 2013 at 3:26 am
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, IHG Plt, SPG Gld
Also got my nl reservation restored. The agent was very pleasant and easy to work with. Overall, it took a little over 45 minutes, including hold time. I did find some of the questions interesting - I was asked when it was booked even though they were able to pull itinerary with the confirmation number. I was not asked what OTA I used.

Price came out to be within a rounding error of the original fare (which had shown in USD on my credit card)

Kudos to Delta for going above and beyond. I did not expect them to honor the non-ticketed reservations, and would have held no grudges had they decided to maintain that stance. I'm definitely impressed.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:54 am

priceline booking faliure

My booking on priceline was cancelled by them saying that it was a booking failure. Do I stand a chance by calling delta.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by flyer31
My booking on priceline was cancelled by them saying that it was a booking failure. Do I stand a chance by calling delta.
Of course, give it a shot. Especially if a hold was placed on your card, and Orbitz sent a confirmation email. If a credit card hold currently exists, I'd get a screenshot for your own records.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by flyer31
I would guess that if you had a confirmation number, your odds are reasonable, given the successes with the nl site. It certainly can't hurt to try.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:20 am

Upon review of my credit card, the pending charge looks to include an additional $25 (I'm guessing a booking fee) compared to the online receipt in dl. Just an fyi.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by halfpny
I would guess that if you had a confirmation number, your odds are reasonable, given the successes with the nl site. It certainly can't hurt to try.
When I made the booking I received a message saying I need to wait for a few minutes but then the booking failed. All I have is priceline trip number but no email was received from priceline.
Any advice.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 3:38 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Wow!! What a happy ending for all. Congrats
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Canada, certainly. I'm not aware of any trans/Pac/Atl tickets.
I didn't think of Canada. I would have looked into a LA to Montreal ticket. You could have used the mistake to get some cheaper international fares. I looked at a couple. I think basically it was splitting the fare so you paid the mistake fare to a gateway city that had the lowest (normal) price.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:22 am

I have to say I am quite surprised Delta is honoring the reservations that weren't ticketed yet. Kudos to them
Old Dec 28, 2013, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I think this has been covered in the thread but as these mega threads become mega, finding stuff gets difficult

So for those who have an A fare basis

Are these really economy tickets that are instant upgrades?

Mine appears to be a Q fare that is an instant upgrade

I recreated my itin on ITA and get a Q fare for the basis although it says A fare on the summary page as shown below

Fare 1: Carrier DL QD14HPNQ WAS to HNL (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code A

being an economy would lead me to believe why the fare (at least right now) would be priced at $~2200 per ticket; I would have thought it would be more for a purchased F ticket
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
xp.ca sent me an email asking for my feedback about the reservation process with them. I'd say it was positive...
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by tcook052
xp.ca sent me an email asking for my feedback about the reservation process with them. I'd say it was positive...
Same here. I'd wait a month or two to make sure DL doesn't change their mind...
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Executive Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, National Executive
I have the vliegtickets.nl PNR, Delta "confirmed" screenshot and the credit card authorization.

Delta is able to see the "shell of the ticket" but says that it was autocancelled yesterday and there is nothing they can do.

How are you all having success with Delta? I'm speaking with a res supervisor, etc.

Thanks in advance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.