Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by AtlantaTraveller
OK.....we have 2 RTPs ATL-HNL 5/23-5/29....anyone have a great hotel/B & B recommendations on the Big Island?......we'll be using UAL 5000 mile redemptions for interisland flights.....THANKS OP!!!!!!
That is a great use of UA miles. I did it a few months ago-

My only tip about the big island... The airport is about a $50 taxi ride from where most of the hotels are. Make sure your hotel has a free shuttle, or, arrive during the day to take public transit. I made this mistake and it sucked
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
My only tip about the big island... The airport is about a $50 taxi ride from where most of the hotels are. Make sure your hotel has a free shuttle, or, arrive during the day to take public transit. I made this mistake and it sucked
Which airport? ITO or KOA?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
My cc was rejected by fraud department on .nl then when I tried it rebook it was too late. Sigh
Old Dec 28, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

Which airport? ITO or KOA?
KOA. Really far from the city of Kona.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: FB Silver. Some hotel programs. More interested in cheap travel than points accrual.
Originally Posted by steveholt
That doesn't seem to make sense with what's being done by Delta. They wouldn't have the ability to reinstate vliegtickets sales. Vliegtickets should be refunding whatever they initially charged to your credit card, base fare, taxes, fees, whatever. Delta's charge should be a new charge from Delta for whatever they're charging you for the ticket.

Delta isn't re-booking the same ticket that you purchased in many cases, but re-creating a version of the ticket that will serve as a reasonable substitute. The fare classes might be different. The fare construction is almost certainly different.
I find it odd that Vliegtickets.nl isn't doing this. They still make a generous 37,5€ fees on each ticket sold.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Congrats to all. Slightly off topic but applicable.

1. I hope not to see any of the folks benefiting from this deal complaining about Delta in the next two years - as they really defied logic on the customer service front. (PLEASE NO LAWYERS talk legal rights, blah blah,etc. Delta wanted this story to go away quickly and honored fare quickly to sweep under rug similar to the United glitch which has all but been forgotten (until this surfaced). Compared to Korean Air (Palau) which floated for months on their FB site.

2. If you charge a transaction overseas/international it is likely it will take two days before posting to your account here. Why? If you buy an airline tkt at 3pm ET Day0 (8pm GMT-9pm local time at OTA) - it might not post until end of their NEXT business day Day1 which is middle of US day so you won't see it in your account until Day2 two days later. You get a tkt number = you have been authorized and charged - calm down and be happy!

3. US laws & rights do not apply everywhere (we don't own the world) - so probably not logical to threaten foreign business (especially if conducting the transaction on their overseas website with DOT, etc. etc. Similar to a European walking into your place of business touting their local customer right protection laws OR a European delayed by weather (over 3 hrs) demanding airline provide them a hotel.)
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Schedule Change LOL

My outbound appears to have been cancelled already - I'm not flying till the spring and its disappeared

When I logged in today I got the old

There has been a change affecting your trip. Your itinerary has been updated, but it may cause you to miss at least one connecting flight during your trip. Please call your local reservation office for assistance. You may be eligible to change your flight(s) at no extra cost. ( Conditions Apply)

Conditions

If a Delta schedule or routing change has delayed your departure or arrival by more than one hour, you may be eligible to select an alternate flight at no additional charge. Note that the below conditions may apply:

•Your origin, destination and travel date must remain the same

•Alternate flights must be available, and you can only modify once as subsequent changes may result in additional fees

•Voluntary changes to other flights not impacted by a Delta schedule change may result in additional fees

Now since the automatic rebook was to a later flight (late aft), I will miss (by a mile) my connection to HNL which was the late afternoon as well.

I was surprised they did not put me on the early a.m. flight (I had a midday flight) as this would have me still make my connections but a 6 hour (long but not monster long) layover

However since the rebook was 3+ hours after my original booked flight AND it causes a misconnect on the final outbound leg.. Can I, Will DL do the following

I would like to switch from IAD to DCA in order to make a connection in ATL on the ATL-HNL non stop on the A333. My initial outbound has two connections hopscotching across the country

If I was on AA I'd feel comfortable that they would accomodate but I don't know if this is something that DL would do.. any ideas on how I should go about asking?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by rkaradi
I booked on ebookers and have my confirmation credit card charged and res on delta. But the receipt option on delta won't open not can I get my ticket number. Should I worry or even call delta to verify.

OP great find and thank you. Lead able to get 3 tix to dal and 3 to Hawaii for trips we needed to take so this saved us tons of dough.
I had the same thing that i booked for a friend on ebookers...i did a twitter request to @deltaassist and asked them if they could confirm the flight had ticketed. They did confirm it was ticketed and even sent me an email with the ticket number and everything for my friend. I'd go that route simply for peace of mind (if you don't twitter, i'm sure a quick email will do the same thing).
Old Dec 28, 2013, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
My outbound appears to have been cancelled already - I'm not flying till the spring and its disappeared

[....]

However since the rebook was 3+ hours after my original booked flight AND it causes a misconnect on the final outbound leg.. Can I, Will DL do the following

I would like to switch from IAD to DCA in order to make a connection in ATL on the ATL-HNL non stop on the A333. My initial outbound has two connections hopscotching across the country

If I was on AA I'd feel comfortable that they would accomodate but I don't know if this is something that DL would do.. any ideas on how I should go about asking?
I've always called the reservation and asked when flight timings have changed or they were small windows (< 30 minutes). One time I was trying to change the timing of an international flight, but the time change was only 1 or 2 hours. The reservation agents are usually pretty helpful.

Actually, this is the type of thing I'd just tweet @deltaassist about.

Good luck.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Barbella7
How did you go about getting a refund from Vliegtickets? I recieved their emails saying they'd refund it as soon as possible but still nothing yet. Dispute it with PayPal or my credit card (booked with CC through PayPal)?

That's a good question. I haven't gotten a refund or any contact from them yet. I'm gonna give it until monday night before I do anything.

But failing that, the plan is to file a paypal dispute.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 7:59 pm

Delete

Last edited by bambikatz; Jun 28, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by shuom
I've always called the reservation and asked when flight timings have changed or they were small windows (< 30 minutes). One time I was trying to change the timing of an international flight, but the time change was only 1 or 2 hours. The reservation agents are usually pretty helpful.

Actually, this is the type of thing I'd just tweet @deltaassist about.

Good luck.
I gave them a call, had a FANTASTIC Rep (USdbaAA are you listening) and although it took a while, she had to get supervisor's approval, it worked, I got the exact Itin that I wanted and I couldn't be happier with the results.

I was hoping for a schedule change but I didn't think it would come ~48 hours after booking LOL

Maybe the wrong place to ask this as I'm not a DL guy but will I have to pay any Baggage fees since we are sitting in F/BE all the way? We have no, zero, nadda status

Also, Does DL use FEBO for meal selection?

Last edited by TrojanHorse; Dec 29, 2013 at 5:37 am
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Checked the receipt on my reinstated itinerary, and of course - HIBRES.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:48 pm

Given the extra mile DL has gone to get those who were caught in limbo (confirmed but not ticketed) ticketed I'm surprised how hard I'm having to fight to get my ebooker tix refunded. Here they are, investing significant time & money into a losing venture (they'd already gotten the good pub for honoring the tix imo) and I can't get them to take my tix back! Yes, I understand that they were 3rd party/OTA/bulk tix, but DL has shown they can go outside the standard procedure when they decide to.
Sorry, just had to vent.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by BBPlaya13
Given the extra mile DL has gone to get those who were caught in limbo (confirmed but not ticketed) ticketed I'm surprised how hard I'm having to fight to get my ebooker tix refunded. Here they are, investing significant time & money into a losing venture (they'd already gotten the good pub for honoring the tix imo) and I can't get them to take my tix back! Yes, I understand that they were 3rd party/OTA/bulk tix, but DL has shown they can go outside the standard procedure when they decide to.
Sorry, just had to vent.
I couldn't agree more. Just got lucky in my case where I cancelled within hour or so and was able to get 100% refund confirmed today. See both charge and credit for same amount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.