Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Old Dec 29, 2013, 6:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by FastMJ
Hi all. I am following this thread and curious as to why all the posters with US locations booked their tickets via this European travel agency as opposed to going straight to the airline website or using a more mainstream ticketing service. Can someone please enlighten me as to the benefit(s)? Thanks!!
Have you read any of this thread?

1. DL.bomb crashed
2. the original early bookings were on xp.ca hence when time constraints of mistake fares arise you go to the one you know that works

its been posted throughout this thread time and time again
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:01 am

Relax

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Have you read any of this thread?

1. DL.bomb crashed
2. the original early bookings were on xp.ca hence when time constraints of mistake fares arise you go to the one you know that works

its been posted throughout this thread time and time again
Yes Trojan, I have read a lot of this thread but not all 60+ pages. Thanks for the unwarranted hostility though!
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by FastMJ
Yes Trojan, I have read a lot of this thread but not all 60+ pages. Thanks for the unwarranted hostility though!
Welcome to FT!
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:53 am

It took two phone calls and a total of 2 hours on the phone but I can confirm that Delta is honoring the bookings made on vliegtickets.nl

They were able to reconstruct and ticket with only the details for the flights - i didn't have the Delta PNR and no tickets were issued. The biggest delay was figuring out how much to charge me to issue the tickets. Ultimately, they accepted the figure that I told them I previously paid.

Good luck. Happy Hunting.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Okie....so after a total call length of 119 minutes and asking for a supervisor to intervene, they have issued my itinerary (3 rt tickets) ^ ^ ^

This was one of the nicest airline reps I've ever encountered and kept in constant communication during the extended wait. Shocking.

Now I have to make sure .nl does not mess with my booking and that they issue me a prompt refund as Delta charged me directly (no phone booking fee, and overall much cheaper than even what .nl had charged)
Great. My reservation has disappeared from Delta. Seems like .nl is cancelling out ticketed reservations for some reason as others have stated also. Seems kind of weird .nl would be doing such a thing. On phone with DL right now who is looking into it.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Great. My reservation has disappeared from Delta. Seems like .nl is cancelling out ticketed reservations for some reason as others have stated also. Seems kind of weird .nl would be doing such a thing. On phone with DL right now who is looking into it.
Maybe, and maybe just maybe, DL is sticking .nl with the full fare whilst reconstructing the itinerary and issuing the tickets at the 'mistake/ reduced' fare.

So .nl is loathe to do anything and are proactively cancelling the reissued tickets on their own.

(This is just pure speculation!!!)
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by dd1612
Maybe, and maybe just maybe, DL is sticking .nl with the full fare whilst reconstructing the itinerary and issuing the tickets at the 'mistake/ reduced' fare.

So .nl is loathe to do anything and are proactively cancelling the reissued tickets on their own.

(This is just pure speculation!!!)
Well DL was able to reinstate my reservation. ^

The rep did say that keep in mind if the OTA continues to cancel your reservation and the fight runs out of available seats, we will not be able to reinstate the itinerary. Though I did ask if Delta will consider accommodating on a different flight if such thing happens as it won't be due to my fault and the rep said they will probably do it if we are able to determine it was not your fault.

Just wondering if .NL is doing this purposely or its their systems trying to auto-cancel all of these reservations over & over again (unlikely). I will suggest everyone keeps their eyes on their reservations daily!

Edit: Those of you with a Twitter account, is it worth tweeting DeltaAssist and request them to reach out to their OTA partner .nl with instructions to stop canceling the reservations DL is honoring directly and to refund the customers prompto?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
bah i guess my info never made it to delta - no dice on getting it reinstated ..
Old Dec 29, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
1. DL.bomb crashed
Not true. It was finicky, but reloading always brought results for me (never took more than two attempts per itin).

Didn't work for me. I was also looking at expedia.ca and could never itins to stick without repricing. Ended booking everything I needed on DL's own site.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: DL; MileagePlus; other airlines

has anyone been able to change the flights to completely different dates? same route, just a date change.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
AS has a pretty straightforward status match correct?
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
i sent my 1K card in along with a copy of my UA statement to elite.flyer [at] alaskaair.com (they will also want a copy of your drivers lic). three days later my AS account reflected MVPG and all the hard copy stuff came in the mail about a week later. also received the four MVPG RPU equivalents in my match. YMMV.
Anyone looking to do an AS status match to park these miles, I followed the instructions of PV_Premier above. They sent me an email this morning that they'd updated my account to reflect MVPG for 2014 including the 4 MVPG RPU equivalents. In addition it let me select a year-end elite "thank you" so I got an additional 2 RPU equivalents out of it ^^^.

I would highly recommend this to anyone else looking to park these miles somewhere other than DL (due to MQD requirements) and a huge thanks to PV_Premier for pointing me in the right direction. Since my DL Silver expires at the end of January this is especially nice for the coach tickets I have since it'll give me an upgrade opportunity. It also means I'll get a nice bonus chunk of RDMs (and EQMs for the F flights) on these flights instead of only getting the actual miles

Last edited by Duke787; Dec 29, 2013 at 10:13 am
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Executive Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, National Executive
Another datapoint:

Had vliegtickets.nl cancel my reservation again this morning. Easy to have DL reinstate since I paid them directly yesterday. I asked that they unlink the PNR from the OTA and they said they were doing that for all of these tickets now. Hopefully this is true. Amazing that .nl is being obstructionist about this - I'm sure DL doesn't appreciate the drag on their CSR staff.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by onfo
Welcome to FT!
IMHO, this is either a current FT'er posting under another name or someone joining just for information on the DL mistake and will be long gone once these flights are gone

you get them all the time in these threads

they read about it the mistake and FT on one of the scribes and then come here
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
Not true. It was finicky, but reloading always brought results for me (never took more than two attempts per itin).

It sure was down, go look on the DL bug thread on the DL forum

I can also tell you that it was down toward the end of period when the fare was dying fast
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by AtlantaTraveller
OK.....we have 2 RTPs ATL-HNL 5/23-5/29....anyone have a great hotel/B & B recommendations on the Big Island?......we'll be using UAL 5000 mile redemptions for interisland flights.....THANKS OP!!!!!!
We're flying into ITO and renting a car so we can explore. This is my 9 y.o. son's dream trip (thanks again OP and everyone here!!) so we're staying at the Hilton Waikoloa Village. I'll report back, and feel free to PM me. Trip is 1/1 - 1/7.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.