Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
That's better than the response that I got, which was essentially "tough luck."
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
If anyone with .nl tix hears anything positive from the WSJ or the OTA itself, I'd be curious to know.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 3:47 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by h8stn4d
If anyone with .nl tix hears anything positive from the WSJ or the OTA itself, I'd be curious to know.
I just called Delta and they told me to basically pound sand because it wasn't ticketed on the one that I booked through the .nl site, my ticket through Delta is fine. I emailed the WSJ to see what they say, if nothing happens I'm not going to lose sleep
Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by shuom
Yeah but what does this mean? @deltaassist's directing me to the travel agent.

What they're saying seems impossible
i did this with my corporate TA a couple of times. booked a couple super cheap C fares from SFO-Europe and they were pulled between my reservations request and the time of ticketing. TA called DL and worked it out and got me ticketed for the previously posted price.

note that these were legit fares (discounted, but still over $2200 for C from SFO to Europe) AND i called my TA to tip them off immediately when i saw the fare pulled, so the time differential between reservation request and ticketing was a few hours, not 1+ days. i also had our corporate account muscle behind me, i wasn't whining to/via some big OTA trying to get DL to give me a $70 F fare to Hawaii or some such place.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Were any international fares available from this glitch?

if so, trans atl or trans pac?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Were any international fares available from this glitch?

if so, trans atl or trans pac?
None that I saw and I jumped in to this one pretty early on. Seems domestic & transborder only.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Maybe a couple of U.S. territories within the Carribbean - I saw STT and SJU reported. Mexico did not work on all that I tried.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
Maybe a couple of U.S. territories within the Carribbean - I saw STT and SJU reported. Mexico did not work on all that I tried.
Yeah, I booked a few B class one-ways from SJU-IAD. $40/pp.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Analise
You wrote the above within the last 2 hours. Delta announced yesterday afternoon (about 18 hours ago) that it is indeed honoring these low fares. In fact, the OP states that on the first posting. Maybe you don't follow the news?

Here's an ABC News piece with Flyertalk not only mentioned but FTers too.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/delta-g...ry?id=21340372
Maybe you don't read so well?

I asked why the member was so confident the fares were going to be honoured. I was clearly well aware at the time of my post that DL was going to honour the fares as I referred to an article in which they were quoted.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Club Card, UA & DL Platinum; Hyatt's Gold Passport, AVIS President's Club, AA, GOES
Trans?

Originally Posted by tcook052
None that I saw and I jumped in to this one pretty early on. Seems domestic & transborder only.
I saw one post from US to Fiji
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:23 pm

Definitely saw a lot of bookings to HNL. Heck, if I wasn't so excited at the time I would've booked from WAS-OGG and cancel my award booking from United, but never had the time....

Between this and booking Y instead of F, definitely wished I woke up earlier in the morning...
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
For those, like me, that booked through FlightNetwork - two people in PBI got their local news Consumer Advocate to reach out to FN for them:

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/money/consum...ever-purchased

Surpirsed out of all the glitch bookings yesterday, only 56 funneled through FN. Then again, that's actually a good thing as only 56 people out of everyone who booked, didn't get their flights honored.

Still pursuing this and hoping for the best, but no harm if nothing comes of it. Not for nothing, but in the article, FN claims they've been really fighting for their customers on this deal - I call BS on that.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
Then again, that's actually a good thing as only 56 people out of everyone who booked, didn't get their flights honored.
56 from FlightNetwork and an as-yet-unknown number from www.vliegtickets.nl....given the language barrier, I'm guessing far fewer from the latter. Man was that a pain in the neck to book!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:10 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by h8stn4d
56 from FlightNetwork and an as-yet-unknown number from www.vliegtickets.nl....given the language barrier, I'm guessing far fewer from the latter. Man was that a pain in the neck to book!
Probably a bit too definitive to assume the delayed bookings were limited to those two sites.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:24 pm

Location: Currently somewhere between JFK and SYD (taking the long way)
DeltaAssist just said to call reservations and I'm on hold now while agent speaks with a supervisor after she reloaded the itinerary booked on Vliegtickets. Maybe things are turning around... but not holding my breath.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.