Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:05 am
  #781  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Posts: 41,109
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
have people been able to make any changes to these? Considering rerouting a bit, no change in destination, trying to cut segments.
Same here

I want to change the out bound thru ATL in order to cut my out bound segments from 3 to 2 and time down as well

I have an A bucket fare basis

Can I just change my outbound if their is A space available

Also how do you find the fare rules for your fare on DL dot bomb?
TrojanHorse is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:18 am
  #782  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,255
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Same here

I want to change the out bound thru ATL in order to cut my out bound segments from 3 to 2 and time down as well

I have an A bucket fare basis

Can I just change my outbound if their is A space available

Also how do you find the fare rules for your fare on DL dot bomb?
Ditto the question about changes. I'm on an A fare as well and want to try and change a 38 min ATL connection to something longer. If it means anything, I was offered a "pay xx more for refundable tickets" where xx was ~$5, so I took it.
coolbeans202 is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:27 am
  #783  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CHI
Posts: 501
Originally Posted by ateet
Not even pending auth on my AMEX booked using ebookers.
Ditto -- and I called Amex to make sure the charge would go through. Likely that ebookers is fighting with DL. DL doesn't want to honor these, and ebookers does. They probably stand to make a significant windfall on a lot of tickets sold in a short period of time. Seeing that ticket numbers were issued, these are likely to stand. From what I can tell, it's the ticket # that matters.
CabinCaptive is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:28 am
  #784  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NY
Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Posts: 4,026
Originally Posted by jordroz
Sorry if I sound naive, but I still don't understand why ticket numbers are relevant. It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the DOT regulations. I have proof of payment and confirmation numbers and emails, so I guess I'm not quite sure where 006 ticket stock comes into play.
It was not an in person transaction where you hand the money to the vendor and they hand you the product. You made a request via the world wide web and received a subsequent email stating your request was received. When you are ticketed and have ticket numbers a contract is created stating the vendor accepted your request and has charge your credit card. Until you have that contract you have nothing.
Sorry you missed this one. Believe there will always be another deal.
Clincher is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:29 am
  #785  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BOS/ORH
Programs: AS 75K
Posts: 18,326
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Same here

I want to change the out bound thru ATL in order to cut my out bound segments from 3 to 2 and time down as well

I have an A bucket fare basis

Can I just change my outbound if their is A space available

Also how do you find the fare rules for your fare on DL dot bomb?
Originally Posted by coolbeans202
Ditto the question about changes. I'm on an A fare as well and want to try and change a 38 min ATL connection to something longer. If it means anything, I was offered a "pay xx more for refundable tickets" where xx was ~$5, so I took it.
Any changes require a re-fare to the current rate. My A tickets have a notation of a change fee as well. BTW i got the pay xx more for refundable tickets" as well but it still came out as non-refundable. Even if it was unrestricted, fare difference still applies
CDKing is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:42 am
  #786  
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seat 2A
Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Posts: 2,952
The charges from ebookers were not showing up on my amex online account, however, when I called amex they could see the charges and said they would not be blocked.

The expedia.ca charges are showing as pending.
ryandc99 is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:43 am
  #787  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: LAX
Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 207
Originally Posted by Clincher
It was not an in person transaction where you hand the money to the vendor and they hand you the product. You made a request via the world wide web and received a subsequent email stating your request was received. When you are ticketed and have ticket numbers a contract is created stating the vendor accepted your request and has charge your credit card. Until you have that contract you have nothing.
Sorry you missed this one. Believe there will always be another deal.
Legally a contract requires offer, acceptance and consideration.

The OTA/Delta offered the ticket at an advertised price.
I accepted and provided a credit card and payment (consideration).
As evidence of the binding contract, my credit card was charged and I was issued a confirmation number. On DL's site, my reservation showed "CONFIRMED" and I was able to select seats.

The DOT regulations are on my side...or at least they seem to be, since my card was charged.

The OTA and DL are trying to squirm out of the deal now, but if I wanted to hold feet to the fire, I'd have legs to stand on. If I wanted to take DL to Small Claims court, I am pretty damned confident in my position given the DL press releases and the screen shots I have.

But am I going to do all of that? Nope. Not worth my time, energy or frequent flyer account.

Last edited by h8stn4d; Dec 27, 2013 at 11:49 am
h8stn4d is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:53 am
  #788  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
DL Ebooker and AmEx

Originally Posted by ryandc99
The charges from ebookers were not showing up on my amex online account, however, when I called amex they could see the charges and said they would not be blocked.

The expedia.ca charges are showing as pending.
Same here regarding the Ebookers charges. I was relieved to hear that the charges were there and had been approved. Kind of strange that the online pending charges are not up to date. My charge from Travelocity was there yesterday afternoon.

I already had the Delta Confirmation #s, Seat Assignments, and 006 Ticket numbers. With these charges I think everything is set...except...in my urgency to book these I managed to leave one letter off of my spouse's first name. Can I get this corrected (and how)? Do I need to? The SFPD name is correct. This could be DL's chance to get me back.

Q

Last edited by Questor2010; Dec 27, 2013 at 12:02 pm
Questor2010 is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:53 am
  #789  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NY
Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Posts: 4,026
Originally Posted by h8stn4d
Legally a contract requires offer, acceptance and consideration.

The OTA/Delta offered the ticket at an advertised price.
I accepted and provided a credit card and payment (consideration).
As evidence of the binding contract, my credit card was charged and I was issued a confirmation number. On DL's site, my reservation showed "CONFIRMED" and I was able to select seats.

The OTA and DL are trying to squirm out of the deal now, but if I wanted to hold feet to the fire, I'd have legs to stand on. If I wanted to take DL to Small Claims court, I am pretty damned confident in my position given the DL press releases and the screen shots I have.

But am I going to do all of that? Nope. Not worth my time, energy or frequent flyer account.
Again you have my empathy regarding a missed deal. believe me I understand how a printed confirmation page and an email can raise the hope level. However, if you research some of the past Jumbo deals on FT you will find you really do not have much of a leg to stand on without a ticket number. I say this even after I have thoroughly studied the DOT recent ruling.
Of course, you seem driven and maybe you are in a postion to pursue it. I for one would be tickled if you can set a precedent for the future mistakes where the email confirmation becomes the piece of paper the airline has to abide by.
Clincher is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:00 pm
  #790  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Posts: 41,109
Originally Posted by CDKing
Any changes require a re-fare to the current rate. My A tickets have a notation of a change fee as well. BTW i got the pay xx more for refundable tickets" as well but it still came out as non-refundable. Even if it was unrestricted, fare difference still applies
A couple of questions

1. Where did you find your fare rules?

2. How does it work on DL with schedule changes, for example on AA, if you get a schedule change and if its say 30 minutes you often can make changes to your routing etc. Does DL allow for routing changes (not day changes) when there is a schedule change?
TrojanHorse is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:04 pm
  #791  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA Hub Captive
Programs: DL GM, FL A+ Elite, WN A List
Posts: 303
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
A couple of questions

1. Where did you find your fare rules?

2. How does it work on DL with schedule changes, for example on AA, if you get a schedule change and if its say 30 minutes you often can make changes to your routing etc. Does DL allow for routing changes (not day changes) when there is a schedule change?
Usually, they will allow the opportunity to make changes if there are schedule changes.
tfc3rid is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:04 pm
  #792  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Multiple locations
Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Posts: 5,057
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
A couple of questions

1. Where did you find your fare rules?

2. How does it work on DL with schedule changes, for example on AA, if you get a schedule change and if its say 30 minutes you often can make changes to your routing etc. Does DL allow for routing changes (not day changes) when there is a schedule change?
If you booked on eBookers you can find the fare rules on their website when you login to your reservation, I had YA14UPNQ and YA07UPNQ (so my P and C classes seem to be Y-ups) but can't find my Expedia fare rules...
jfkeze is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:12 pm
  #793  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: TPA, FL
Programs: United Gold, Hilton Diamond,Marriott Gold
Posts: 482
Stealing
PcolaPaul is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:14 pm
  #794  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: LAX
Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 207
Originally Posted by Clincher
Of course, you seem driven and maybe you are in a postion to pursue it.
Actually, no, for me this is (mostly) academic at this point as I indicate in the last line of my post. I'm not pushing this one, but I'll take a change in result if it comes to pass.

I'm very familiar with previous deals, with eticket numbers being the critical issue in the some previous situations. In this situation, however, (a) my card was charged and (b) the carrier has said they will honor the price.

In fact, according to Delta, "Delta will honor any fares purchased at the incorrect price."

So did I "purchase" my ticket? My credit card was charged. My reservation showed "confirmed." Seems like I purchased the fare.

I don't think the DOT would look kindly upon an indiscriminate decision to honor some OTA-issued reservations and not others, especially given the publicity benefit DL got by claiming to honor fares.
h8stn4d is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:16 pm
  #795  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BWI/DCA/IAD
Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Same here

I want to change the out bound thru ATL in order to cut my out bound segments from 3 to 2 and time down as well

I have an A bucket fare basis

Can I just change my outbound if their is A space available

Also how do you find the fare rules for your fare on DL dot bomb?
Originally Posted by coolbeans202
Ditto the question about changes. I'm on an A fare as well and want to try and change a 38 min ATL connection to something longer. If it means anything, I was offered a "pay xx more for refundable tickets" where xx was ~$5, so I took it.
I just called in and got my K and B fare r/t's changed for free within 24 hours of booking, all it cost me was a 20 minute phone call. YMMV
gtolj2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.