Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

[FARE GONE] DL low fares across the board

Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by shuom
Too bad. Was a fun ride.
Ay.. Did you just get it? I'm still waiting to hear from them, it's been almost 24h.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:27 am

why was I watching movies yesterday instead of reading this?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by dd1612
Record Locator or PNR number could be the same for all individuals in a party.

However one has to have separate ticket #s for each individual on one PNR.
You may want to use the PNR/ record locator on Delta.com and check your reservation. You should see a separate ticket number for each individual.
Two tickets according to ebookers -- the DL app only shows one of them, but I'm not surprised. Can't see the receipt online, but it's nearly 24 hours and no work of a cancellation, with 006 tickets issued by the OTA, even if DL doesn't have them up yet.

Anybody had an ebookers cancellation? Seems like they're good to go.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dd1612
You may want to use the PNR/ record locator on Delta.com and check your reservation. You should see a separate ticket number for each individual.
At the top of your reservation, look for the "View Receipt" link. If you see it, you're good to go and should see (and take screen shots of) ticket number(s).

I booked at .nl and never got the receipt. Woke up this morning to see my reservation gone from DL.com and an email from .nl in my inbox.

I got a confirmation email from the OTA. My credit card was charged. And my reservation said "CONFIRMED" at delta.com. According to the DOT, this may be enough:
-------
Does the prohibition on post-purchase price increases in section 399.88(a) apply in the situation where a carrier mistakenly offers an airfare due to a computer problem or human error and a consumer purchases the ticket at that fare before the carrier is able to fix the mistake?

Section 399.88(a) states that it is an unfair and deceptive practice for any seller of scheduled air transportation within, to, or from the United States, or of a tour or tour component that includes scheduled air transportation within, to, or from the United States, to increase the price of that air transportation to a consumer after the air transportation has been purchased by the consumer, except in the case of a government-imposed tax or fee and only if the passenger is advised of a possible increase before purchasing a ticket. A purchase occurs when the full amount agreed upon has been paid by the consumer. Therefore, if a consumer purchases a fare and that consumer receives confirmation (such as a confirmation email and/or the purchase appears on their credit card statement or online account summary) of their purchase, then the seller of air transportation cannot increase the price of that air transportation to that consumer, even when the fare is a mistake.

A contract of carriage provision that reserves the right to cancel such ticketed purchases or reserves the right to raise the fare cannot legalize the practice described above. The Enforcement Office would consider any contract of carriage provision that attempts to relieve a carrier of the prohibition against post-purchase price increase to be an unfair and deceptive practice in violation of 49 U.S.C. 41712.

http://airconsumer.dot.gov/rules/EAP...-2012final.pdf
-------
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by sam007
guys - just wondering. Would expertflyer have caught these fares and send a notification out?
EF wasn't showing these fares at all, just the regular fares for all carriers.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by ateet
No card charged(US AMEX) yet and can't see receipts on DL reservations website. Keeping my fingers crossed for now. Receipt doesn't concern me more than AMEX charge. Maybe since it's foreign card processor, process might be different. But that's just a guess and an assumption at this point in time.
I can't see receipt on DL, but confirmed with Amex charge went through and I have confirmation from delta and ebookers
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta KM/DM, Hyatt GP Plat, HHonors Gold
Using Expedia.ca, I booked a flight to HNL leaving tomorrow morning. I'm within the SDC window now and tried to change flights on DL.com but got an error that changes couldn't be made online. I called the PM line and the agent tried everything she knew to do before finally asking if this was "one of those glitch fares". I told her it was, and she told me that I wouldn't be able to make any changes because of that, including SDC. There were some posts upthread about flying as early as today, so I'm curious if anyone else has tried to SDC yet.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by h8stn4d
In the above I found this regarding the 24-hr cancellation policy & ticket agents:
"Does the requirement to allow a consumer to hold a reservation without payment or cancel without penalty for 24 hours apply to ticket agents?
No. This requirement stems from the customer service plans covered carriers are required to follow and does not apply to ticket agents, although to maintain equivalent customer service levels agents may wish to apply the same or similar procedures."
So if you're thinking of scooping up tickets on an OTA (especially a foreign one) and cancelling later when you've sorted things out, better know their cancellation policy.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
Yeah. So well within 24h, but they are arguing that the 24h cancellation window doesn't apply because they are based outside the USA. I'm not sure what the DOT would have to say on the issue. I've tried to look for similar situations but I couldn't find anything. My interpretation of the 25 cancellation fee is that it applies to refundable fares and is not applicable to non-refundable fares.

If you're suggesting 5 hours was plenty of time to cancel... sure, you're right, but I was meeting someone soon after the deal ended and didn't realize until later that I had made a scheduling error.

Like, I said, 30 isn't worth fretting over... but if someone else wants to bring up the issue with the DOT be my guest :P
I've had to contact eBookers and complained to the DOT while trying to cancel a ticket (not from this deal). eBookers does not offer 24 hour cancellation. The DOT rep that handled my case stated that they only require 24 hour cancellations from the airlines and does not regulate the OTAs. With that said though, eBookers did offer me a full refund after my DOT complaint as a "courtesy".

ETA: I filed my eBookers complaint against Orbitz (eBooker's parent company)
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GlobalMischa
Still no email from vliegtickets.nl, and Delta reservation is still not ticketed. Not looking good
Same here. The reservation is still showing up on Delta.com but is not ticketed. I haven't heard anything from v.nl but the charge has disappeared from my credit card.

EDIT: Never mind, just got the email from v.nl. Interestingly, it was in English and has a specific person listed in the signature.

Last edited by coolbeans202; Dec 27, 2013 at 8:58 am
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:56 am

Charge not on my CC, although ticket #s appear to be legit, but they don't show up with DL.

I wonder if DL is trying to get out of as many of these as possible and that's why it's taking more time for them to go through?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by IAkH
I've had to contact eBookers and complained to the DOT while trying to cancel a ticket (not from this deal). eBookers does not offer 24 hour cancellation. The DOT rep that handled my case stated that they only require 24 hour cancellations from the airlines and does not regulate the OTAs. With that said though, eBookers did offer me a full refund after my DOT complaint as a "courtesy".

ETA: I filed my eBookers complaint against Orbitz (eBooker's parent company)
I tried to cancel again this morning and no luck. I don't think it's worth going through the DOT when the rules apparently don't apply to OTAs. I'm out 30, not a huge deal.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by coolbeans202
Same here. The reservation is still showing up on Delta.com but is not ticketed. I haven't heard anything from v.nl but the charge has disappeared from my credit card.
Get a screen shot of the DL page and hopefully you have a screenshot of the credit card charge...although it'll be an uphill battle regardless.

That DL reservation is going to disappear any second.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:58 am

Not sure if this is the correct area to ask, but figure what the heck...I have no status with Delta, but am EXP with AA. Would it make sense right before my flights start to do a status challenge to get Gold? I have 14,705 miles booked (not knowing dl that much, it looks like each mile flown is an MQM, for the bucket i'm booked in)? I'm just trying to get access to the better seats and not have to pay for checked bags (or try for an upgrade). Maybe get a credit card? thoughts?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
I don't think it's worth going through the DOT when the rules apparently don't apply to OTAs.
I'm pretty sure this is not true. You'd be able to drive a truck through the loophole if this were the case.

An OTA is, after all, a "seller of scheduled air transportation."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.