Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2013, 7:06 am

Has anyone located via Hong Kong? The Dragon Air flight arrives at like 11:30....have the sidewalks in Rangon rolled up by then?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 8:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
Yes. They do. I went through this just three weeks ago. I had applied for the VOA. I had the letter in Burmese, and the other form with name and passport # on a list. The agent took both documents, and went to a supervisor. The sup asked my partner to translate for her the documents, as he is Burmese. Also, another gentlemen checking in at the same time had the same documents, my partner was also asked to translate. I was surprised, they acted like they hadn't seen this yet.

They seemed satisfied, and issued me boarding passes. I asked to have my luggage short checked to BKK, and this was not a problem. I knew I didn't want to continue onto RGN. Arrived in BBK, and went to a hotel for a few days. I did call TG and cancel the last segment.
Does anyone think it would fly if I told them I am picking it up in BKK as we overnight there before continuing our journey to RGN?

Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
Does anyone think it would fly if I told them I am picking it up in BKK as we overnight there before continuing our journey to RGN?

Thanks
I wondered this as well, but didn't want to risk it, so applied for the VOA knowing I just wouldn't use it. I arrived BKK around midnight, and was leaving on an 8:30 am flight to RGN, knew it wasn't very plausible.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10

Thanks
Does your ticket show you are staying overnight? They would be able to see if you are or not. If you are then indeed they should let you fly to BKK without hassle.

I had a similar experience and same documents as penguinmoon

In our case when we left Phuket going to RGN via BKK the Thai Air check in agent notice our first visa had expired. When I handed over the Burmese letter the agency provided he disappeared for a while, maybe to get it translated. When he returned he was all smiles and checked us in. Not sure what may have happened had we had not initiated something in advance and this paperwork.

Last edited by Clincher; Feb 4, 2013 at 12:04 pm
Old Feb 4, 2013, 7:33 am

If you are planning to post your Star Alliance miles from your trip in and out of RGN into MileagePlus this post may be of great interest to you regarding your PQM earnings.
I did a quick search on this thread and I didn't see it mentioned. This informaton was a big help to me and my earnings.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Got a thought-thrown-away last segment [BKK-RGN (TG)] back to life by calling DL and asking to change the date for the last segment showing open in the ticket (which I used to travel last July)^

Except that the agent messed things up by changing my name in a reissued ticket () which i had to fix later all went fine and quicker than normal.

Love you, DL!
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:03 pm

delete
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:28 pm

Thanks
Just did that in YVR a few minutes ago.
The first thing the agent asked is if I had a visa.
I told him I was getting it in BKK. He then proceded to check my bags to RGN......not what I wanted.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
Just did that in YVR a few minutes ago.
The first thing the agent asked is if I had a visa.
I told him I was getting it in BKK. He then proceded to check my bags to RGN......not what I wanted.
I take it this is a return on an R2?

How are all the R2's working out? They seem to be going extremely well aside from those early ones last fall.

Mine isn't until summer, but I am definitely keeping a close eye on things.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Originally Posted by onfo
How are all the R2's working out? They seem to be going extremely well aside from those early ones last fall.

Mine isn't until summer, but I am definitely keeping a close eye on things.
I just arrived back in the US after a R2. Everything went very smoothly with no mention of anything out of the ordinary from NH or DL.

Met a couple other R2 FTers (and a future FTer) in the lounge in RGN. The RGN-NRT flight was about half full.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Ivar's Carte Clam, Taco Time Loyalty Card
Tokyo

If anyone has one of the R2 NH/DL tickets that was partially reissued by NH because of the NH913/914 cancellation, I'm thinking that you have a couple of nice options.

I was just checking up on my ticket with DL and the agent said that all was good with DL, he saw that NH had reissued their portion and noted "INVOL RRT," but other than that they weren't able to see what that was, nor did they really care. He called it an "asscoiate reissue" to one ticket number and that whoever at NH did it really looked like they knew thir job.

I then asked if I could change my NRT-SEA-YVR date and it was no problem at all.

I wouldn't want to do this myself, because I'm looking foreward to going back to RGN, but it seems like someone could just show up in NRT, and be OK.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by onfo
I take it this is a return on an R2?
R1.
KE-ICN-KE-BKK-RGN

I was the only one in F on both segments.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC SE
Cancelling

I have a RGN-NRT-LAX that I need to cancel or change to a later dateBooked with Expedia.de.
Who would I be best to contact Expedia, ANA or Delta,
Thanks in advance
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jmolony
I have a RGN-NRT-LAX that I need to cancel or change to a later dateBooked with Expedia.de.
Thanks in advance
If you have yet to fly the first segment then its back to Expedia. The airlines won't touch it till the first segment is flown.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by jmolony
Thanks in advance
Originally Posted by onlysuites
If you have yet to fly the first segment then its back to Expedia. The airlines won't touch it till the first segment is flown.
Agreed. I have one R2 that I am also planning on cancelling, so please keep us posted!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.