Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2013, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by jarusoba
Now we Canadians are also qualified for Visa on Arrival! ^

Source
Very timely for me! Both my passports now on the list
Wont have to sweat the Thai checkin people anymore in 2 weeks time
Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:02 am

Any recommendations on a hotel for a short overnight stay in RGN?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by danger
Thanks for reporting this. It adds to the experience of another member a few pages back who reported similar and gives me hope of being able to do the same.

May I ask who the OTA was and, in the case of your second point, how you were able to get DL to make changes to the ticket before any sectors were flown? Also, was there any additional collection (ie. did DL recalculate the fare or charge a change fee)?
Ticketed through x.uk

Called DL directly for all changes and had to speak to the rate desk to get the changes confirmed (was only changing DL segments). My (somewhat limited) understanding is that they reviewed fare rules and determined that no re-fare was required and no change fee was due. I must admit I was surprised (and perhaps lucky) to add the stopover prior to flying any segments.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Lack
Any recommendations on a hotel for a short overnight stay in RGN?
I've used ALfa hotel for my 3 overnights there. As long as you don't have high expectations it should be fine. I find it has the best value for being central to the important attractions.

It was a pleasure to meet you in ICN last week!

I/we left RGN monday night. Got to test the medical facilities at the airport!
Slit my finger open on a metal brace that was holding a sign at the immigration counter. TG staff took me to the airport clinic. Located next to baggage claim. Sign says "Free for travelers." My injury was cleaned up, given a tetanus shot and sent on my way. It was a couple hours later that I got the bleeding to stop.

Went to the clinic in ICN. Was given 4 stitches and antibiotics for about $70. An english report of the treatment cost an additional $20.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:20 pm

Transited in RGN without any problems on 2/20.

Arrived from HKG via BKK on TG. Not once at any point was I asked for a visa.

Immediately after arrival in RGN, I mentioned "transfer lounge" to the gate agent and gave her a printed copy of my itinerary. She took me up there, took my itinerary and passport and brought me back a boarding pass in about 20 minutes.

MAI lounge was pretty dismal. The wifi didn't work and the computers they had set up there reminded me of the days of 14.4k modems. Google and Yahoo refused to let me login because they thought my account was being hijacked.

I crashed the minute I got into the seat on NH914 so can't say too much about that flight!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Originally Posted by tc_jedi

I crashed the minute I got into the seat on NH914 so can't say too much about that flight!
Well the fact that you can sleep in those somewhat old fashioned looking seats is actually telling us something useful...
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I'm on my way back right now on an SQ-plated ticket out of RGN. Had a great 10 or so days in Myanmar. Went all over the place off the beaten track and met lts of wonderful locals in small villages we stumbled upon, took an overnight train, visited the Golden Rock and the British Taukkyan cemetery and the end of the Burma-Siam railroad, etc. The countryside is quite different from Yangon.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 5:31 am
wcj

I'm on my way back on AF plated ticket - RGN-BKK-NRT-HNL-LAX-YVR. No issues on first leg, although took a bit for this sleep deprived gal to determine that Bangkok Airways does not support iOS for online check in. At airport, with brain on, no issues.

I would mention that we transitioned on Air Asia on the way in. Neither Air Asia nor Bangkok Airlines came anywhere close to enforcing the baggage allowances. Many passengers with 3-5 "personal items" in addition to carryon bag.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 4:46 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
My R1 KE BKK-ICN-LAX-ICN-BKK milegae credit to AS seems to have stuffed up big time

This is what has posted to AS hehe

02/07/2013 ICELANDAIR ICN BKK 653 2,270 0 2,270
01/31/2013 ICELANDAIR BKK ICN 654 2,270 0 2,270

ICELANDAIR????
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:21 am

R2 schedule change.
Original....NRT-DL-PDX-AS-YVR.
Schedule change results in below MCT in PDX.
Managed to get rebooked NRT-LAX-SLC-YVR.
When I get the e-mail it show LAX-SLC-YVR in Y.
I called E.uk and it was explained because PDX-YVR was in Y(DH8), LAX-SLC-YVR would be in the same class of service. Is this correct? Or do I need to call back and get rebooked into F?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: AC*E, CX Silver, TK Elite, IHG Gold, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by tracon
R2 schedule change.
I called E.uk and it was explained because PDX-YVR was in Y(DH8), LAX-SLC-YVR would be in the same class of service. Is this correct? Or do I need to call back and get rebooked into F?
Which one of your flights had the schedule change? NRT-PDX, or PDX-YVR? And when are you flying? I have the same routing and carrier combo in June and I haven't received any notifications of a schedule change.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by highfly3r
Which one of your flights had the schedule change? NRT-PDX, or PDX-YVR? And when are you flying? I have the same routing and carrier combo in June and I haven't received any notifications of a schedule change.
+1 (though I may cancel this one...)
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
R2 schedule change.
No, that is not correct. You are in coach PDX-YVR only because you would have flown a Horizon Air turbo-prop with coach-only seating. Your ticket's fare basis is biz-class, which puts you in domestic "F" on flights with two cabins.

Can DL fix this for you? If not, call X-pissy back and tell them your fare is biz class. Third option, at check at LAX, AS should be able to see your original fare class and move you up to first if there is seat available.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by highfly3r
The main change was PDX-YVR. My first ticket on this route, I was put on AC PDX-YVR.
The above change is for a week later. I'll call back and hope for the best.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:46 pm

Programs: AC*E, CX Silver, TK Elite, IHG Gold, HH Gold, SPG
The main change was PDX-YVR. My first ticket on this route, I was put on AC PDX-YVR.
The above change is for a week later. I'll call back and hope for the best.
Damn. The schedule change for the AS flight is only between March 10th and June 8th. I fly on June 25th and was hoping this schedule change would help with changing dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.