Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:38 pm

Has anyone had problems getting TL/SQ to re-issue a ticket after a flight change?

My Silkair flight RGN-SIN was dropped and replaced with an SQ mainline flight. The reservation was updated but the ticket was never reissued. TL is waiting on a waiver from SQ to reissue the ticket. This has been going on for a couple of weeks, I have been following up but have not escalated it yet (still have over a month before the flight).

Just curious if anyone had had a similar situation with these tickets.

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:12 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by tlott
Has anyone had problems getting TL/SQ to re-issue a ticket after a flight change?

My Silkair flight RGN-SIN was dropped and replaced with an SQ mainline flight. The reservation was updated but the ticket was never reissued. TL is waiting on a waiver from SQ to reissue the ticket. This has been going on for a couple of weeks, I have been following up but have not escalated it yet (still have over a month before the flight).

Thanks!
Yes, search the thread for mid-December's posts.

In short, same scenario: SQ swapped for MI (better anyway since it credits to MP), ticket not reissued. By Vayama. These guys created various forms of problems that persisted - despite several hours on Skype from various hotel rooms including actually at RGN - until I was finally at the SKL in transit on my itin. However, SQ did solve the problem, reissued, and I was boarded with no fuss in J on the 380.

The next day, I was able to push back my DL TATL to a later flight the same day with no fuss or additional collection. I will say that once you are ticketed in C, DL seems to somewhat better than their usual :-: best in class :-: selves, and don't create issues/problems for anyone.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:19 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
good luck with SQ.
hope they re issue ok for you.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:11 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by tracon
I'm guessing the 2000Baht includes pictures and paperwork?
Which I would have to bring to the embassy anyways.
did you use that agency? did they work for you?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:33 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by tlott

Thanks!
I had a problem with vayama-issued, KE-plated tickets arising from the change from MI to SQ, among other problems. I described it in detail upthread as it was happening, last September or October. It took a lot of phone calls to vayama and ultimately I had to use words like "sue" to get the thing reissued.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by aussielori
did you use that agency? did they work for you?
I never did find out the name of the agency that was used by the other poster.
I used a travel agent near Khao San road that we were using for a couple other things.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:47 am

Thanks for the replies, redtailshark and MegatopLover. Found the previous posts. I will follow up more aggressively this week.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:21 pm

Doing an R2 RGN run next week. I have an award HKG-BKK-RGN on TG to position for the RGN-NRT leg. Four hours on the ground in RGN.

Any tips on avoiding check in/boarding issues in HKG or BKK since I don't have a Myanmar visa?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Gold

Will be in RGN this Saturday night Feb 16th. If anyone in town want to meet up? Then turning the next day back via SIN
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:54 am
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Watch the "foreign" ATM on Pyay Road

@ RGN now. Again. Managed to lose my crisp $80 saved from my last trip, somewhere along this seventeen sector trip - maybe SQ seat pocket, I don't remember. It's been a haze since I left SIN a few days ago.

And so I was almost cashless on arrival. Not the greatest scenario here in Myanmar.

But, having read upthread that some people had indeed found ATMs that would permit foreign-issued cards to be used for MMK, I asked the taxi driver to stop at the first ATM I saw with Cirrus logo.

There's one on Pyay Road near the intersection to the north of Shwedagon.

BUT - be warned! I inserted my card and it recognized the PIN. At least it then issued a customer alert - that it would charge 50,000 MMK transaction fee for any non-Myanmar issued card! C'est vrai. Cinquante mil. This fee would be in addition to any charged by my own institution.... Former junta are now bank board directors??!! I declined its not-very-reasonable offer. I will say, at least it fronted up to this outrage before perpetrating it. This could have been much worse....be careful about these fees!

Now, staying @ MGM. I had planned on asking them where to use foreign ATM but it turned out that the front desk here will change THB, including imperfect bills. Exchange rate 20 MMK = 1 THB. I had THB from the previous couple of days in Thailand so no problem.

Met dboy here and soon we're off to dinner with greenpdx. Need some Myanmar beer at this point, before beginning the road home tomorrow. R1 AC ticket that I sure hope won't involve CBSA during my YVR connection
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:02 am

i have R2 rgn-nrt-pdx-yvr tix for may. (ran-nrt is nh, the rest is dl). I got schedule change email from DL. I want to change the date to dec. Has anyone successfully change date R2 tix before the travel?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Ticket is valid 1 year from date of issue only, i.e. you can't change travel dates to Dec. 2013
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by redtailshark
I inserted my card and it recognized the PIN. At least it then issued a customer alert - that it would charge 50,000 MMK transaction fee for any non-Myanmar issued card! C'est vrai. Cinquante mil. This fee would be in addition to any charged by my own institution.... Former junta are now bank board directors??!! I declined its not-very-reasonable offer. I will say, at least it fronted up to this outrage before perpetrating it. This could have been much worse....be careful about these fees!
Think Chuck would reimburse this one???

Last edited by onfo; Feb 12, 2013 at 7:00 am Reason: Html
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Originally Posted by redtailshark
But, having read upthread that some people had indeed found ATMs that would permit foreign-issued cards to be used for MMK, I asked the taxi driver to stop at the first ATM I saw with Cirrus logo.
I used the ATM at the airport with a MasterCard debit card. Actually there are two ATMs, right next to each other. One eventually timed out and ended the transaction; the other worked just fine. 5000 kyat fee, 300K kyat limit. Locations are listed here.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Originally Posted by janetdoe
5. Hilton NRT has an advance purchase rate of 6000 yen, but we would either do a very late checkin (at 8 am the next day) and ask for a late checkout or a very early checkin at 8 am. Hilton Diamond, so it might work out, and we would have a great free breakfast.
Hilton didn't give me any trouble when I checked in super early (though I am a Diamond), but there's always the chance that they'll be full.

Be warned that their shuttle runs only once an hour at some times of day, and entering and leaving security will eat up more of your time than the airside options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.