Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just an FYI - all of my miles, EQMs and bonuses did come through to Delta for my KE plated KE flights.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:12 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by onfo
Hi, I have a R2 NH plated ticket. When I view the receipt on DL's app, it says that the status of my RGN-NRT flight is "Info", NRT-SEA is "Open", and SEA-YVR is "Info". Is this anything to worry about?
You should be fine. DL website does this for non-DL operated flights.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by onfo
Hi, I have a R2 NH plated ticket. When I view the receipt on DL's app, it says that the status of my RGN-NRT flight is "Info", NRT-SEA is "Open", and SEA-YVR is "Info". Is this anything to worry about?
No problem. My NH914 status is changed from "ARPT" to "OPEN" and then to "ARPT" all the time in past several months. Called DL agent, was told no need to worry; called NH agent, was told everything looks perfect.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:05 am
Suspended

Quick question for those who have done a round trip R1 on KE. Does KE check for RGN visa at LAX? We have an overnight in BKK before heading to RGN the next morning and are picking up a pre-arranged visa then, will KE be ok with that?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Question, I tried doing a quick search but couldnt find anything specific.

My flights for mid-march however, I recently moved and started a new job and wont be able to take any time off until about summer. Original ticket was bought in June and I'm hoping to fly after the year mark. Do ya'll know if its possible to change the date after the year mark without penalty? Or am I better off cancelling the ticket alltogether and getting a refund.

Thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mcdevit
Apr 13.
That means my flight got scrapped. Let's see what happens.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:05 pm
Suspended

My R1 ticket on 006 stock (TG/EY/DL) had a minor schedule change. I tried to use that to change dates with TL but no dice. The best they could offer is one day ahead or before. If I have them change it to one day before will that mean that delta will take control of the ticket which *may* increase my odds of changing dates at a later stage or am I just grasping at straws?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Ivar's Carte Clam, Taco Time Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by TroyMcClure
My R1 ticket on 006 stock (TG/EY/DL) had a minor schedule change. I tried to use that to change dates with TL but no dice. The best they could offer is one day ahead or before. If I have them change it to one day before will that mean that delta will take control of the ticket which *may* increase my odds of changing dates at a later stage or am I just grasping at straws?
If TL changes it and reissues it they would retain control of the record. On the other hand if you called DL and they reissued the ticket then DL would have control and TL would have no control at that point. I'm pretty sure you would have better luck changing if only DL had control.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by lakers6902
Question, I tried doing a quick search but couldnt find anything specific.

My flights for mid-march however, I recently moved and started a new job and wont be able to take any time off until about summer. Original ticket was bought in June and I'm hoping to fly after the year mark. Do ya'll know if its possible to change the date after the year mark without penalty? Or am I better off cancelling the ticket alltogether and getting a refund.

Thanks!
Who ticketed it, and what carrier? In most cases, I'd say you're out of luck, but you can always call the plating airline and give it a shot.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Bought through vayama, flights on Thai to BKK and then KE through ICN to LAX. Yea I'll try calling vayama first to see what they say and go from there.

Thanks
Old Jan 31, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone transiting RGN today? I am coming in on the 7PM MI, and going out on the 11PM TG flight.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:39 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by janetdoe
I would suggest trying to break the 50 at a currency exchange in BKK (or whatever is your stop preceding RGN) for 5 crisp 10s (or 2x20 + 10) if they will let you do it without charging you.

When we went, we took $20s. The cab fare was $30, but he was happy to take a crisp $20 and a very rumpled $10 from my wallet, so I assume that the taxi fare could be negotiated down to $20 safely. Worst case, the pagoda should be able to break your $50 for the entrance fee and you can pay the taxi driver with the change from that.
Thanks, I ended up exchanging for kyats at the money exchange place just after RGN immigration but before your luggage gets scanned prior to leaving the secure arrivals hall. The exchange was $1 to 852 and xe.com was showing 856 rate so it was negligible. Also many other tourists in my line were changing non crisp US bills and there was no issue at all.

I hired a driver for 3 hrs, went to the Shwedagan Pagoda, took around 30 or so minutes each way but I can just see how unpredictable traffic can be there. Spent about 90 minutes at the pagoda with the aid of a guide, so we zoomed through everything in no time. Got back to the airport with under three hours to spare and lounged in the Royal Jade lounge with my TG Y ticket and status matched TK Gold card. Internet there was just as unpredictable!

KE F 388 is pretttttty cool Our ICN-LAX flight had only 3/12 F seats occupied. After our meal service was complete, I spent most of the flight at the on-board J lounge at the rear of the upper deck chatting with a bunch of off duty pilots and others. We made the cute Korean flight attendant work though, pouring and mixing us drinks at the little bar area when she probably was hoping for the passengers to just go and have a lie down LOL Now I really like KE's setup on the 388's!!
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:26 am

No mileage earned on Vietnam Airlines

My Delta mileage for my Korean Air llight from ICN to Vancouver in first class/kosmos suites credited just fine.

However, I got from RGN to ICN on Vietnam Airlines with an overnight in Hanoi. This booked into R class. And R class is not a mileage earning class on Vietnam Airlines

PS I thought Hanoi was a pit.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
Quick question for those who have done a round trip R1 on KE. Does KE check for RGN visa at LAX? We have an overnight in BKK before heading to RGN the next morning and are picking up a pre-arranged visa then, will KE be ok with that?
Does anyone know if KE checks for myanmar visa at LAX?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:09 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Originally Posted by psyflyer
Does anyone know if KE checks for myanmar visa at LAX?
Yes. They do. I went through this just three weeks ago. I had applied for the VOA. I had the letter in Burmese, and the other form with name and passport # on a list. The agent took both documents, and went to a supervisor. The sup asked my partner to translate for her the documents, as he is Burmese. Also, another gentlemen checking in at the same time had the same documents, my partner was also asked to translate. I was surprised, they acted like they hadn't seen this yet.

They seemed satisfied, and issued me boarding passes. I asked to have my luggage short checked to BKK, and this was not a problem. I knew I didn't want to continue onto RGN. Arrived in BBK, and went to a hotel for a few days. I did call TG and cancel the last segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.