Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by EL3V3N
No problems with FD at DMK using myanmarvisa. Was a little concerned but the GA that checks BPs looked at my letter and verified our names was on the list and let us through. Tense but no problems. Also FD does not seem to monitor hang luggage. We had three pieces in two people, one weighed 30kgs the other 20kgs. TG made me check it through but FD allowed it. YMMV.

Also, great food suggestion is Feel restaurant. Very good and prepared to high standards, pricey but worth it. Excellent myanmar cuisine.
Thank you for everything in this post - I have a similar itinerary in March with FD (on one), TG on the other.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 4:36 pm

Well I got a Expedia Alert on a schedule change. My NRT-HNL now arrives 25 mins later and got moved from a 747 to a 767. Do you think I will be able to request to be moved to the hour later flight that is on 747?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 6:09 pm

Also no problems at DMK on FD using Mymyanmarvisa service. The FD agent looked at my paperwork showing my name and passport number on the list and cleared me thru. And at arrival at Yangon the folks at the Visa on Arrival booth could not have been more helpful or efficient.

Now in the middle of my return journey. Transit point was in Hanoi. Left my Vietnam Visa on arrival paperwork and photos at the hotel in Yangon. Again, the Vietnamese Visa folks confirmed on their computer that I was on their list. They take the visa photos themselves for a $2.00 fee. Only negative is that Vietnam has raised their "stamping fee" from $20 to $45, payable in U.S. dollars. However, didn't like Hanoi.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
After 600+ pages I finally get to travel on my first R1 KE fare however as I do not have any nice crisp US bills, would money changers accepts SGD? AUD? even EUR? if yes, do these bills have to be crisp?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by alanslegal
After 600+ pages I finally get to travel on my first R1 KE fare however as I do not have any nice crisp US bills, would money changers accepts SGD? AUD? even EUR? if yes, do these bills have to be crisp?
Somewhere on the first 50 pages of this 600+ page thread I stated that I used SGD and they were strict about the quality of the bills but much less so than with USD because they were plastic bills. They don't want them to be ripped, torn or marked in any way but being plastic they are not likely to be creased so you will find a bunch of SGD from your ATM in Singapore will probably be fine.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
would money changers accepts SGD? AUD? even EUR? if yes, do these bills have to be crisp?
You definitely can change EUR in RGN at the "Myanma Foreign Trade Bank" just straight ahead after clearing immigration. 1€=1127MMK was a fair exchange rate in the end of Dec for me. I changed 40€ in bills of 20s and the bills where far from being perfect and crisp. I got them at an ATM at home and just kept them in an envelope to avoid further damages and that was just fine. I just won't bring bills with obvious damages or dirty ones.

There was a sign with only USD or EUR exchange rates. Dunno if they would accept other currencies.

After reading about USD being declined for some stupid reasons, I would recommend to bring some EUR bills that look o.k. and you'll be fine.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:50 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
*sigh*

2x 1 hour phone calls to expedia, and still haven't got a resolution for my cancelled NH RGN-NRT flight. They were all prepared to change me to DL284 BKK-NRT instead, but apparently needed to check with NH for some reason, who were closed.

Apparently they are going to email NH head office and see what they can offer. Hurry up and wait I guess ...
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:45 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by k_sheep
*sigh*

2x 1 hour phone calls to expedia, and still haven't got a resolution for my cancelled NH RGN-NRT flight. They were all prepared to change me to DL284 BKK-NRT instead, but apparently needed to check with NH for some reason, who were closed.

Apparently they are going to email NH head office and see what they can offer. Hurry up and wait I guess ...
According to my experience (and my friends), if you can do it with the airline directly, don't talk to expedia. They only mess things up.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by zig2
According to my experience (and my friends), if you can do it with the airline directly, don't talk to expedia. They only mess things up.
+1 on that.

I kept x.uk completely out of the loop, while i sorted directly with Delta.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by largeeyes
Which doesn't show up on AA or BA online searches. Guess a call is in order. I assume MH flies from KUL-RGN?

I tried checking with M&M since I know Condor flies there, but nothing online either. I hate calling...
Just to touch on this again, any guess when award availability will appear for MH on either AA or BA?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:58 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by danielm
I don't think so. I saw some cans lying around tourist sites, but they were all written in Thai - ie imported.
There is Coca Cola in Iran.. they have their own bottling plant. Must be grandfathered in somehow.

They did have Coke/Fanta in Myanmar but it did appear to be from Thailand.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:30 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by largeeyes
Just to touch on this again, any guess when award availability will appear for MH on either AA or BA?
Most likely Feb 1st when they officially join Oneworld.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by hauteboy
There is Coca Cola in Iran.. they have their own bottling plant. Must be grandfathered in somehow.

They did have Coke/Fanta in Myanmar but it did appear to be from Thailand.
yes, I remember Coke in Iran - but that is grandfathered from the 70s.

In Myanmar, I only remember Star Cola in 2008 (250 kyat) - There was Coke/Diet Coke in a couple tourist places, but it was imported (1500 kyat), same price as a large Myanmar Beer (I am sure its more now)
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two notes:

The official currency exchange in the airport took a used $100 from me. Wouldn't change baht.

In DMK on FD, I had a real visa issued in the US. Seems they hadn't seen that before. Granted, it looks pretty fake. It's literally the paper I sent to the embassy, stamped. I assume the Bangkok embassy has something that looks pretty different. FD was ok with it, but it took some time.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Ivar's Carte Clam, Taco Time Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by k_sheep
*sigh*

Its also possible to call NH and have them reissue the RGN-NRT segments to RGN-BKK(TG)-NRT{NH). They did this for me right after the NH RGN-NRT cancellation and were very nice about it. Its possible they've stopped being nice about it, but worth a shot.

Best to keep Ex.uk out of it if possible. I've now got reissued NH tickets RGN-BKK-NRT and reissued DL tickets NRT-SEA-YVR. Basically two separate tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.