Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: UA 1k; Hyatt Plat; SPG Gold; Avis PC Preferred; Priority Pass Select; AMEX Platinum
Hello

Taking a shot in the dark here, but was hoping one or two of the members here have had RGN tickets booked on US Air stock or have had US Air segments on their trips- if you have would you mind PM'ing me, have a few questions that i would like to ask you offline!

Thank you!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:55 am

Thanks!

I'm on NH ticket and they have been nice from the start.
Once I get back to SEA from RGN, I'll contact NH to see if I can change the return date and add stopover.
It would be nice to spend some time in Japan!
Been a while since I was last there.

Originally Posted by Keter
Unless my post was deleted posting again if there was an IT bug...

Wanted to say NO, but its not that obvious. Just checked, ex BKK (no current DL fare from RGN) there is no HIP check/ reprice for NRT stopover; ex BKK DL fare is used. So you MAY be able to do this. Do you have a DL or NH ticket btw?

To guarantee your chances you need the general HIP exceptions of Delta (which are no in a specific fare) and I am still unable to find those; to be able to reference to those during your request. What I found look incomplete and outdated. It was much easier to find these details for AA, which do not look complete as well though.

Domestic US stopovers are free in many cities incl HNL.

Anyone to help to improve public knowledge of DL general HIP exceptions?

Added

Unfortunately the above HIP exception is relevant to a specific DL fare (BKK-LAX), so its not a general exception. This seem to be a rule update, i did not notice this before.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
More data points on my R1 DL-plated ticket.

I just returned to AMS. Today I called DL and changed the flight AMS-RGN to a later date. The agent said there is no availability on CI's AMS-BKK flight (which I don't think is true, since I can still book them on delta.com. I guess Delta is blocking CI for some unknown reason somehow). So she booked me on a KL flight.

After 5mins the ticket is reissued, and the validity of the ticket has been renewed to 30DEC13. It seems that I can make more changes later .
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by zig2

I just returned to AMS. Today I called DL and changed the flight AMS-RGN to a later date. The agent said there is no availability on CI's AMS-BKK flight (which I don't think is true, since I can still book them on delta.com. I guess Delta is blocking CI for some unknown reason somehow). So she booked me on a KL flight.

After 5mins the ticket is reissued, and the validity of the ticket has been renewed to 30DEC13. It seems that I can make more changes later .
Good news, I need two stopovers in AMS... Cannot find relevant general DL HIP rules though to refer to those if needed.

As for the validity extension if you are referring to NVA/NBV fields of a ticket, then in case it was manually reissued (which is likely the case, as the DL system seems to block the historic fare recalculation for RGN error fares) then it means nothing as I always get these filled in incorrectly. Though, you can possible argue with DL in case you really need as the ticket is a document.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 3:28 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Keter
Good news, I need two stopovers in AMS... Cannot find relevant general DL HIP rules though to refer to those if needed.

As for the validity extension if you are referring to NVA/NBV fields of a ticket, then in case it was manually reissued (which is likely the case, as the DL system seems to block the historic fare recalculation for RGN error fares) then it means nothing as I always get these filled in incorrectly. Though, you can possible argue with DL in case you really need as the ticket is a document.
My DL flight is AMS-BOS, which has a schedule change of 5mins. When I first did the stopover, the agent referred the schedule change and added the stopover immediately. What I changed is the DL leg so it seems that she doesn't even need to go to international reissue (not sure, but she did it fast so quite likely she is doing it by herself, and place of issue was TPARES). After the stopover is added I think everything is much easier since they are unlikely to do the HIP check again. But, you know, it's an YMMV situation.

I am not saying NVA/NVB, I am saying something like this :

Passenger: xxx Ticket #: xxx Place of Issue: IRRRES Issue Date: 13JAN13 Expiration Date: 30DEC13
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:12 pm

Can someone recommend a restaurant in RGN. Close to downtown/main train station.
Not over priced in a fancy hotel.
Something cheap, chearful and clean.

Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by LegalEagle
Some of the money exchange booths in Pattaya THAILAND will now exchange Thai Baht and U.S. dollars for Burmese chat. Is it legal to bring chat into Myanmar?
I don't know the answer to your question, but what would be the possible benefits of getting Myanmar kyat in Thailand?

I would think you would get a worse exchange rate. As an added bonus, if you happen to get any fake bills, I'm absolutely positive it is illegal to bring counterfeit MMK into Myanmar.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Apologies as admittedly have not been following the thread as closely as I might should but has anyone had any issues checking in at DMK using Air Asia with paperwork from myanmarvisa.com? Leaving in a few days on a R1 itin and got the paperwork back from myanmarvisa.com and can see several issues with my "proof" of having a valid visa for receipt of our boarding passes. Seems like all we have is a letter in Burmese and some list showing our names, not too much confidence inspiring. This will be our first Air Asia flight (which should be a treat) and wanted to see if their paperwork is solid as it appears to potentially be quite troublesome.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by youngmcdonald
Correct. Just burned 30k M&M miles (and 150 EUR ) and completed my 2013 RTW project: WAW-ZRH-BKK-RGN-NRT-HNL-SEA-SFO-ZRH-WAW.
I'm doing JFK-SVO-HKG-BKK-RGN-NRT-ICN-SEA-YVR-JFK

Mix of Rev and awards. It'll feel good to renew status on two alliances by the end of February.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Following up on the return half of my KE-plated Round 1 ticket: some of this has been reported upthread, but for the readers' ease, I will recap some here.

Following the MI -> SQ change, I wound up booked LAX-NRT-SIN-RGN op'd KE-SQ-SQ, with KE 2 in J, SQ 11 in Y, SQ 998 in J. That involved long layovers at NRT and SIN, including about five hours overnight at Changi. Last month KE re-routed KE 1/2 from ICN-NRT-LAX to ICN-NRT-HNL. I got an involuntary schedule change message from vayama offering a full refund or rebooking on KE 18 nonstop to ICN and KE onward to RGN. A few minutes later, I got a "nevermind" message. No subsequenty communication from vayama received. My booking on vayama and checkmytrip was showing KE 18 LAX-ICN, then SQ NRT-SIN-RGN, apparently leaving me on my own to get from ICN to NRT in about three hours.

Called vayama over the weekend, they said that since I'd flown the outbound segments RGN-USA, the ticket was in the airline's control and I needed to call KE. More than happy to do that and get vayama out of the way.

Called KE over the weekend, explained the problem to an agent, probably located in the US. I said I was willing to go down to SIN from ICN and remain on the presently booked SQ 998 SIN-RGN (thinking they'd likely carry me on KE but if not the SQ flight ICN-SIN would be fine) or they could put me on KE nonstop to RGN (thinking that was more likely, as it's what KE seemed to have communicated to vayama, and presumably KE saves money by not having to pay another airline to carry me). Agent grasped the problem and promised to work on the situation but said that any changes to this ticket needed to be approved by headquarters in Korea as the ticket was a "special case." I said I understood but clarified that I needed to be rebooked in J because it was a J ticket.

Got a call from KE in the US Monday morning. The agent, might have been the same one, said everything had been approved by HQ in Korea: they were ready to put me on KE 471 to RGN and have the ticket reissued accordingly. I accepted. KE e-ticket came through minutes later, properly rebooked on KE LAX-ICN-RGN with a short layover in ICN and J service all the way. Now I get to RGN about 12 hours faster than originally booked. Happy camper. Good on KE for how they've handled this.

Anyone else booked on KE 2 LAX-NRT after the re-route becomes effective in March may wish to handle it the same way.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Posting from the KAL Lounge in Suvarnabhumi

Round 1 - Vayama - TG(Y)-KE(J)-KE(J) - RGN-ICN-SFO

No problems, everything smooth in Yangon, got the TG BPs there, got the KE BPs here in BKK at the transfer desk. No drama.

We were burnt out coming from intense diving for three weeks in Thailand and had an ambitious itinerary in Myanmar, Yangon-Bagan-Inle-Yangon, with daytrips, so we are beat.

If I had a do-over, I would visit Myanmar first, then Thailand.

Data point: My KE plated tickets were reissued with new numbers about 10 days ago. I had called and emailed months ago to no avail, and the reissue came out of the blue. I noticed it a week ago when I had email access.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by hiyo
Data point: My KE plated tickets were reissued with new numbers about 10 days ago. I had called and emailed months ago to no avail, and the reissue came out of the blue. I noticed it a week ago when I had email access.
+1. I think Vayama is doing something with these KE plated tickets. Mine were reticketed late last month for a recent trip and another trip later in a couple months. Both sets of tickets were reissued at the same time.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:02 pm

Anyone try date change on KE?

Originally Posted by zig2

Nice! I need to change the date on my RGN-SFO KE ticket...anyone have any luck in convincing Korean to do so?

In any case, i will report back after i make the call to Vayama

to the poster above: also got Vayama schedule change email...except there was no schedule change!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat
RGN restaurant near train station.

Originally Posted by tracon
Can someone recommend a restaurant in RGN. Close to downtown/main train station.
Not over priced in a fancy hotel.
Something cheap, chearful and clean.

Thanks.
I highly recommend the 365 Cafe. Take a left out of the main train station, walk out to the main road, and it's across the street and up on the hill, right next to the Thamada Hotel. I did the walk three times last week, and it takes ten minutes at the most. The food was fantastic and cheap, if the decor a bit out of place. Cheerful, though, and definitely clean. THere's also an outside cafe for more typical Myanmar food.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Ivar's Carte Clam, Taco Time Loyalty Card
Food

Originally Posted by zeppo2
I highly recommend the 365 Cafe. Take a left out of the main train station, walk out to the main road, and it's across the street and up on the hill, right next to the Thamada Hotel. I did the walk three times last week, and it takes ten minutes at the most. The food was fantastic and cheap, if the decor a bit out of place. Cheerful, though, and definitely clean. THere's also an outside cafe for more typical Myanmar food.
Agreed. The 365 Cafe is excellent. As Zeppo2 mentioned the decor is a bit wierd, but the food is great. They have a huge menu and surprisingly very good Australian beef steaks among other things. Lots of different draft beers which go good on a hot day.

My favorite restaurant of all which is about four blocks from the 365 and close to the Alfa Hotel is the Aung Mingalar Shan Noodle Restaurant. Great noodle fare, inexpensive, clean, and a totally happy place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.