Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: UA:1K 0.81M
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
767 enroute from GSP UA 2561. Will take the Browns to iND tomorrow. Same aircraft took the Bills to GSP today. Nice to see a wide body here not a diversion.
I was driving on the NY Thruway yesterday and saw a plane thinking "that's an awfully big plane for Buffalo. wonder if it's a charter? But the Bills on Monday morning?"
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:41 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by 50Kthehardway
I was driving on the NY Thruway yesterday and saw a plane thinking "that's an awfully big plane for Buffalo. wonder if it's a charter? But the Bills on Monday morning?"
What? You've never heard of Buffalo wings?
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Marriot Lifetime Plat
UA 2741 scheduled on 8/31 running CLE-BKL as a display aircraft for the Cleveland National Airshow. Scheduled for 27min. Probably would be faster to drive!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 3:22 pm

In other news, 4 flights a week to Phoenix only... on frontier!
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by moops380
Unreal. I still can't believe AA didn't keep this legacy US Airways route!
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:48 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Was listening to ATC yesterday UA 2535 BWI-CLE
Browns charter just about to land did a missed approach go around pilot reported flap issue. Flew around 15 minutes finally landed.
I saw on social media Airport Fire gave them a water salute for the win. I thought airport fire was there as in a flap or gear issue pilot requests fire trucks just in case.
But yes looks like tower asked for the water salute for the win. Never heard of that usually only for a championship win or pilot or fleet retire. Looks like ferry back to ORD was 2 hours late so they were checking on the flap issue.

Originally Posted by moops380

America West had 2 departures even a 757. So it goes back farther.

Looks like United will be continuing seasonal service this winter to FLL and RSW. That’s cool considering lots of competition on both routes. Still got the crew and maintenance base. When UA closed the hub last time in 1986 they pulled almost everything. Most routes and crew base. Only service left was to ORD and IAD. DEN cut but latter reinstated.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 2, 2019 at 2:22 am Reason: merge
Old Oct 13, 2019, 5:23 am

Are they really closing the United Club. They operate the largest operation outside of the hub network and maintain hubs at smaller airports.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 5:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Are they really closing the United Club. They operate the largest operation outside of the hub network and maintain hubs at smaller airports.
Where did you hear this?

I truly can't imagine they would when they have clubs at airports with smaller ops. Only thing I can think of is that it may be getting closed for renovation? There's nothing posted on the UA Club website.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by nevansm
Where did you hear this?

I truly can't imagine they would when they have clubs at airports with smaller ops. Only thing I can think of is that it may be getting closed for renovation? There's nothing posted on the UA Club website.
Agreed! Is there a source for this rumor?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nevansm
Where did you hear this?

I can't think that they would renovate the CLE club. With how few flights operate now? What's the benefit to UA on spending $$ for a refresh?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by guy44134
Agreed! Is there a source for this rumor?

I read it on a post on the Club Forum. A member discussing up coming club changes going into effect next month.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:40 am

I read it on a post on the Club Forum. A member discussing up coming club changes going into effect next month.
United agreed to keep its CLE club open through 2029. I can't imagine why they would want to close the CLE club. They also recently did some renovations.

https://www.cleveland.com/travel/201...es_gate_o.html
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:37 pm
RNE

To put it bluntly, UA management doesn't always act rationally. Further, I opine it has a grudge against CLE. Why? Who knows? But based on that longstanding opinion, I boldly predicted United would close the CLE Club after the 2016 GOP Convention had come and gone.

Was my prediction wrong... or merely too soon? We'll see.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
I think you misread someone's misreading. The post in that thread referred to the -hub- closure (old news) which someone misread as -club- closure and asked why the club was closing.
guy44134 and dergon darkhelm like this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Whew .. this thread got me freaked out for a second there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.