FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Bonus bucks questions and issues [Merged threads] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/528273-bonus-bucks-questions-issues-merged-threads.html)

annerj Mar 8, 2008 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by treefrog (Post 9344522)
The restriction, at least in my case, was you have to buy a minimum of 200 at a time.

Do you know how much they cost?

I'm sure if we all got together we could come up with an order larger then 200 of these bonus bucks? Think we could pull that off?

flyerwife Mar 8, 2008 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by annerj (Post 9378418)
Do you know how much they cost?

I'm sure if we all got together we could come up with an order larger then 200 of these bonus bucks? Think we could pull that off?

I actually had a similar idea a few weeks ago and looked into the requirements, but it seems like you'd have to have a solid business affiliation and meet Marriott's requirements to execute this. Still, it's an idea that might make sense if the right person is out there..... ;)

http://www.marriott.com/incentives/QualificationForm.mi

heffa Mar 8, 2008 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by flyerwife (Post 9378772)
I actually had a similar idea a few weeks ago and looked into the requirements, but it seems like you'd have to have a solid business affiliation and meet Marriott's requirements to execute this.

Wouldn't someone in the forum here qualify?

MKUX3 Mar 9, 2008 1:53 am

uk coupons

i only want one of these coupons

where can i buy a UK one

thanks

sophiegirl Mar 9, 2008 6:37 am

Bonus Bucks are good at any property world wide.

If you mean Premium Pounds, same thing.

BUT it is rare that you can legitimately buy either of these...as that is against the T&C's listed on the coupon. (which is why all of us loved the Geico deal so )

If however, you want to risk it, you can often find them on ebay in both denominations.

annerj Mar 9, 2008 10:21 am

Originally Posted by sophiegirl (Post 9381148)
Bonus Bucks are good at any property world wide.

If you mean Premium Pounds, same thing.

BUT it is rare that you can legitimately buy either of these...as that is against the T&C's listed on the coupon. (which is why all of us loved the Geico deal so )

If however, you want to risk it, you can often find them on ebay in both denominations.

How would the Pounds one work in a US hotel? What kind of value do they give?

annerj Mar 9, 2008 10:23 am

Originally Posted by heffa (Post 9379881)
Wouldn't someone in the forum here qualify?

I'd think so.

WBrookSoxfan Mar 9, 2008 3:02 pm

I have a question on using these bonus bucks.. I searched this thread but couldn't exactly find my answer.

For a 4-star Renaissance (Schaumburg Renaissance), can I use 20,000 points for the 1st night and then use my $100 Bonus Bucks for the 2nd night. It's $149/night, including taxes, so the total my credit card would be charged would equal $49 total.. for the 2-night stay?

sophiegirl Mar 9, 2008 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by WBrookSoxfan (Post 9382898)
I have a question on using these bonus bucks.. I searched this thread but couldn't exactly find my answer.

For a 4-star Renaissance (Schaumburg Renaissance), can I use 20,000 points for the 1st night and then use my $100 Bonus Bucks for the 2nd night. It's $149/night, including taxes, so the total my credit card would be charged would equal $49 total.. for the 2-night stay?

No. You have to have two PAID nights to use a BB or PP. So your total would be $149 X 2 - $100 = $200.....in my mind a better "spend" than $149 + 20K points.
(you also need to make sure the $149 rate qualifies - is not a member rate such as AAA or MR leisure rate)

WBrookSoxfan Mar 9, 2008 5:08 pm

Thanks, sophiegirl! That answers my question.. :)

boberonicus Mar 10, 2008 12:19 am

First time I've used these; please confirm my procedure per earlier in this thread. So I'm taking two of these puppies with me to a Renaissance for a four night stay. I'll present them to the desk as I check-in. Then, in the morning of my checkout, I'll go to the front desk and ask them to printout a bill WITHOUT the BB's applied. This I can use for billing/reference. Then, I'll ask the clerk to reapply the BBs.

Seems like this would be a challenging task for the average new hire. Has this worked for others?

damon2 Mar 10, 2008 7:34 am

Originally Posted by annerj (Post 9381743)
How would the Pounds one work in a US hotel? What kind of value do they give?

Same process as bonus bucks, but you would get the exchange rate as determined by the FD clerk.

Some times they even use google.com to get the exchange rate ( which is around 194 to 198 for a 100 PP cert lately.)

I once had a clerk say "oh its same as BB so you get $100 off" and I had to remind her it's pounds and I get double ( well almost).

damon2 Mar 10, 2008 7:45 am

Originally Posted by boberonicus (Post 9384860)
Seems like this would be a challenging task for the average new hire. Has this worked for others?

If you give them at check-in, it will show up on your receipt. I am not sure if they can print a receipt WITHOUT the BB's.

If you need a receipt without the BB's, you are better off giving them at check-out after collecting the receipt they slip under the door. I know the T&C says to provide them at check-in but I had luck with giving them at checkout many times. YMMV.

flyerwife Mar 10, 2008 1:50 pm

Finally received my certs today that were ordered on Jan.4th.

These were the 3rd set of certs sent out by Geico Privileges after the first two never made it to me in the mail. (These were sent UPS.)

They expire October 29, 2008.

jan_az Mar 10, 2008 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by boberonicus (Post 9384860)
First time I've used these; please confirm my procedure per earlier in this thread. So I'm taking two of these puppies with me to a Renaissance for a four night stay. I'll present them to the desk as I check-in. Then, in the morning of my checkout, I'll go to the front desk and ask them to printout a bill WITHOUT the BB's applied. This I can use for billing/reference. Then, I'll ask the clerk to reapply the BBs.

I only use these on personal travel. Not to get into a big ethical discussion here - but are you comfortable billing your employer for $200 more than you actually paid.