FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Bonus bucks questions and issues [Merged threads] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/528273-bonus-bucks-questions-issues-merged-threads.html)

crazygrow Feb 18, 2008 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by saschaa (Post 9272707)
but everyone could reserve a room using the MEB Code, so I guess it's publicly available.

Marriott (corporate) does not view it that way. Similar to many other codes that appear to be usable by anyone, MEB are meant for a specific crowd and not the general public (although easily obtainable by them).

rylan Feb 18, 2008 7:04 pm

Well I guess I'll try and see what happens and I'll report back with the results.

My other option is booking two nights under different rate codes that are publicly available from the marriott hotel website as specials. I would think that will work since the bonus bucks just says two consecutive night stay, not that it has to be at the same rate both nights.

MsEverywhere Feb 18, 2008 7:17 pm

An alternative is to try the ebrakes rate first, and if they refuse the MBB, then ask for the public rate.

TravelingJoel Feb 18, 2008 7:26 pm

Mine just showed up Friday, 3 days after ordering...

peteyp97 Feb 18, 2008 8:26 pm

Using Bonus Bucks with pre-paid rooms

Are "Bonus Bucks" only good for the room portion of the bill? I booked 2 extra nights in Myrtle Beach in July to back up to a 4 day/3 night TS presentation. I got a price that was only good if it was pre-paid. The question is, if I get a Bonus Bucks from e-bay for $100 for the 2 nights, will I be able to apply that to any incidentals (meals, drinks etc) that I buy while at the hotel? Thanks
Pete

rmagritte Feb 18, 2008 9:17 pm

From the T&C on the back of one of mine:
2) Must be a registered guest, and a consecutive two (2) nights paid stay is required.

4) ...A credit equal to the value represented on the front of this Coupon will be applied toward your bill at check out. ... Your bill may consist of room and tax and any additional dining, spa services and/or gift shop purchases. These concessions are unable to accept the Coupon directly; therefore purchases must be applied to your room.

9) This Coupon is not valid toward any rate that requires ID or membership. ... Excludes advance purchase ...

My interpretation is that as long as the coupon is going towards the incidental room charges and not actually paying for the room (which should be easy since the room is pre-paid), you should be fine. But I could also see how rules 2 & 9 could be used to prevent you from using the certificate in your situation.

I guess I'd call and ask before I bought a certificate. And I'd check out the source in this thread before I'd use e-bay, I believe it's both safer and cheaper.

GlennTheBaker Feb 19, 2008 8:38 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 9273330)
Well I guess I'll try and see what happens and I'll report back with the results.

My other option is booking two nights under different rate codes that are publicly available from the marriott hotel website as specials. I would think that will work since the bonus bucks just says two consecutive night stay, not that it has to be at the same rate both nights.

I have made multiple reservations covering one stay and have had no trouble using BB/PP coupons. As long as the stay is 2 nights or more, its no problem.

sophiegirl Feb 19, 2008 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by flyerwife (Post 9269979)
If you don't mind, please post here and tell us when your replacement certificate arrives.

I've been waiting on a replacement (from their error) since January 30th and it still has not arrived (I'm about 40 miles east of where their office is; I am assuming the pigeon got lost....again)

:mad:

My original order was either lost in the mail, or accidently trashed at home. A replacement order was requested on 2/13 and arrived today. I live 5 states to the south.

For those who have not received them yet 0 The envelope itself had no markings on it - but it was a windowpane that showed Geico Priveleges through the upper left window. IMHO, very easy to throw out as junk mail. :eek:

USirritated Feb 19, 2008 1:27 pm

All in good humor, very tongue in cheek!

Originally Posted by sophiegirl (Post 9277550)
My original order was either lost in the mail, or accidently trashed at home. A replacement order was requested on 2/13 and arrived today. I live 5 states to the south.

For those who have not received them yet 0 The envelope itself had no markings on it - but it was a windowpane that showed Geico Priveleges through the upper left window. IMHO, very easy to throw out as junk mail. :eek:

Okay guys, imagine Bette Midler asking this question, since she talks to her alter ego character "Soph."

"So, Soph! Which one of these GEICO people did you have to sleep with to convince them that you never received your certs so they would send you five more?"

flyerwife Feb 19, 2008 1:53 pm

Well, I still have no certificates, and my replacement order was supposedly sent out 1/30. Though there is a slight possibility that I threw out the first set, there is no way I would have missed the second set as I have been watching the mail daily for this envelope.

What's worse is, customer service took my call on 1/30 but since last week, no one has been answering the extension at Geico Privileges, and they have failed to return messages left.

This has been a total screw-up for me. Total.

:td:

rmagritte Feb 19, 2008 3:09 pm

Sorry to pile on, Flyerwife, but the missing certificate I called about on Friday showed up today (and Monday was a holiday)...somehow your order slipped through the cracks. No consolation, I know.

flyerwife Feb 19, 2008 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by rmagritte (Post 9278671)
Sorry to pile on, Flyerwife, but the missing certificate I called about on Friday showed up today (and Monday was a holiday)...somehow your order slipped through the cracks. No consolation, I know.

Yeah, I keep wondering if maybe they have an error in my address, but I haven't been able to get a hold of them to ask......

DoubleJ Feb 27, 2008 4:14 am

Originally Posted by bassmanben (Post 9141908)
doesn't the little gecko already have a british accent?

At first I thought this was a veiled reference to the availability of Premium Pound vouchers as well (100 Pounds for the equivalent of $20...I wish.). :o

craz Feb 27, 2008 8:05 am

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 9152288)
Don't they normally come from Hawaii? :D

Not unless one enjoys overpaying:D:eek:

goldenbear Feb 28, 2008 12:36 am

Just looked at the Gieco website to re-order more certificates - it looks like the deal is over (as in I cannot find anything Marriott on the Geico Privileges page), or at least temporarily suspended. Too many flyer talkers, i guess. Maybe if they reinstate the bonus bucks deal, someone can post here?