FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Bonus bucks questions and issues [Merged threads] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/528273-bonus-bucks-questions-issues-merged-threads.html)

here Jan 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Mine came today. I forgot it was coming from Geico. I was thisclose to shredding it because I thought it was junk mail. Be careful.

NWA-PLAT Jan 29, 2008 10:46 pm

Got mine today. Also expire 23-Sep-2008.

fredlisancnc Jan 30, 2008 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by here (Post 9157102)
Mine came today. I forgot it was coming from Geico. I was thisclose to shredding it because I thought it was junk mail. Be careful.

Literally just took mine out of the trash this minute. Get so much junk mail, just assumed this was another piece of crap, until I read your post and a light went off...

flyerwife Jan 31, 2008 7:49 am

I never got mine, and I believe I was one of the very first to order. After seeing all the posts here, I was afraid I might have thrown in out as junk mail (two new teenage drivers in the house, we get tons of mail about insurance).

Anyway, I called Geico Privileges and they are very kindly sending out new certificates.

here Jan 31, 2008 8:49 am

Originally Posted by fredlisancnc (Post 9165540)
Literally just took mine out of the trash this minute. Get so much junk mail, just assumed this was another piece of crap, until I read your post and a light went off...

Glad to be of help

here Jan 31, 2008 8:51 am

Originally Posted by flyerwife (Post 9166769)
I never got mine, and I believe I was one of the very first to order. After seeing all the posts here, I was afraid I might have thrown in out as junk mail (two new teenage drivers in the house, we get tons of mail about insurance).

Anyway, I called Geico Privileges and they are very kindly sending out new certificates.

I'm impressed with the service they provided you.

annerj Jan 31, 2008 10:15 pm

Got mine today.

Called the hotel I stay at every other week and asked if they took them even with my corporate rate. The lady said they treat them like cash and it didn't matter what the rate is. (Our corporate rate is about 50% of the website rate).

I'll let you know if they actually take them when I check in next week. If so I hope the website has more as I'll be ordering enough for every other week until they expire!

annerj

travelini Feb 1, 2008 11:05 pm

Re: Good for use in US only or worldwide?

Sorry if I've missed this discussed already ...

... does anyone know if these BB's are only good in U.S. or if they are also valid to be used in Canada, Mexico, and/or Europe?

Thanks.

username Feb 1, 2008 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by travelini (Post 9177569)
Sorry if I've missed this discussed already ...

... does anyone know if these BB's are only good in U.S. or if they are also valid to be used in Canada, Mexico, and/or Europe?

Thanks.

Don't be silly. You did not miss the discussion. All 7 pages of it are there for you to browse or search.

Hint: the answer you want is on the very first posting of the thread :mad:

sophiegirl Feb 2, 2008 3:56 am

Can we be a bit NICER to the newbies??????

Originally Posted by username (Post 9177680)
Don't be silly. You did not miss the discussion. All 7 pages of it are there for you to browse or search.

Hint: the answer you want is on the very first posting of the thread :mad:

USERNAME -

You have over 1,000 posts - - - travelini has 25. As a "newer" member I can say that it is not as easy as some of the experienced FT'ers think to learn the search functions offered on this site. (we have a site that uses 3 letter codes endlessly - but will not allow a 3 letter search :confused:!)

I was lucky enough to have someone offer to mentor me on some of the finer points - - - - and not so lucky to have some others "reprimand" me as you seem to be doing to travelini.

For ALL of us FT'ers - if we cannot answer a newbie nicely (or offer to help them) perhaps we should not answer them at all, and leave it to someone with a bit more patience to do so.

You can read endless threads on this site about the rudeness of travel industry employees....and at times, travelers themselves. Why add to it in our own responses?

username Feb 2, 2008 11:27 am

Originally Posted by sophiegirl (Post 9178367)
USERNAME -

You have over 1,000 posts - - - travelini has 25. As a "newer" member I can say that it is not as easy as some of the experienced FT'ers think to learn the search functions offered on this site. (we have a site that uses 3 letter codes endlessly - but will not allow a 3 letter search :confused:!)

I was lucky enough to have someone offer to mentor me on some of the finer points - - - - and not so lucky to have some others "reprimand" me as you seem to be doing to travelini.

For ALL of us FT'ers - if we cannot answer a newbie nicely (or offer to help them) perhaps we should not answer them at all, and leave it to someone with a bit more patience to do so.

You can read endless threads on this site about the rudeness of travel industry employees....and at times, travelers themselves. Why add to it in our own responses?

:o

I am sorry. That attitude is a hot button for me. I work with this guy who never does his own research/homework. Always expects answers handed to him - sending e-mails copying to everyone, calling conference calls all the time - when sometimes the answer is right there.

I provided a hint on where the answer is, thus satisfied your "or offer to help them" requirement?

If the answer is buried in the 7 pages, it is one thing. The answer is right there on the very first post.

This is a community where everyone contributes and benefits. I don't want to dish up the answer readily - newbies need to learn how to use the board and find the answers - especially the answer is on the very first post of the thread.

sophiegirl Feb 2, 2008 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by username (Post 9179999)
:o

I am sorry. That attitude is a hot button for me. I work with this guy who never does his own research/homework. Always expects answers handed to him - sending e-mails copying to everyone, calling conference calls all the time - when sometimes the answer is right there.

I provided a hint on where the answer is, thus satisfied your "or offer to help them" requirement?

If the answer is buried in the 7 pages, it is one thing. The answer is right there on the very first post.

This is a community where everyone contributes and benefits. I don't want to dish up the answer readily - newbies need to learn how to use the board and find the answers - especially the answer is on the very first post of the thread.

I do understand your point - but unfortunately I don't think it is only newbies who don't properly read the posts - in a recent thread I had FT'ers repeatedly asking me why I didn't do "X" in a certain way - when the reason was in my original post, and was indeed why I started the thread to begin with! (sigh....)

Perhaps it is MY hot button - (or naiveness !) - I would just like everybody to be a little more courteous all the time everywhere!

have a great weekend -

heffa Feb 3, 2008 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by sophiegirl (Post 9181453)
I do understand your point - but unfortunately I don't think it is only newbies who don't properly read the posts...

But one can at least assume that even a newbie would read the first post?

username Feb 3, 2008 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by heffa (Post 9184563)
But one can at least assume that even a newbie would read the first post?

Thank you ^

annerj Feb 4, 2008 4:29 pm

Hotel let me use 2 for a 3 night stay at our corporate rate! ^

Ordered a dozen more today. And if they continue to let me use 1 or 2/week I'll make another order in a couple months.