Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
LINK TO CHART

Legacy to New Travel Package Conversion (effective August 2019)
A Marriott supervisor can currently convert your legacy travel package into the new category mapping. If you hold a Category 6, 8, or Tier 1-3 legacy certificate, it's ideal to downgrade your certificate before converting so that points don't potentially get lost in the process.

The codes for the new partial packages are:
New Cat 1-4: QP83
New Cat 5: QP91
New Cat 6: QP99
New Cat 7:

Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
Members who purchased a Category 6, Category 8 or Tier 1-3 certificate prior to 8/18 are able to request a one-time exchange for a Travel Package one category lower. This process will cancel your current Travel Package, reissue a Travel Package one category lower and result in a refund of 30,000 points to your account. To submit a request, follow these steps:
  • Select “Packages - Deals” from the “Topic” drop down menu
  • Submit your request
As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.
Source: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...es-update.html

The legacy certificates map to the new certificates as such:
Cat 1-5 => Cat 1-4
Cat 6 => Cat 1-4
Cat 7 => Cat 5
Cat 8 => Cat 5
Cat 9 => Cat 6
Tier 1-3 => Cat 6
Tier 4-5 => Cat 7
==================================================

If you are unsure where you will use your 7 night stay, when you request the package, just ask for a category 1-5 hotel. That way you are out of the least number of points. If later, you decide to book for a higher level category, then you can do so and pay the difference the travel package points. If you can't use your certificate within the year, then as close to the one year anniversary (without going over!) call to extend the certificate for one more year. That's as long as they will typically allow, one extension. There is an option to expedite the mileage delivery to within three business days (sometimes faster) for $15. There are reports that this fee may be waived for platinum members.

Effective April 1 2017 re: Southwest & the companion pass:

"Purchased points, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from Rapid Rewards program enrollment, tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and partner bonuses (excluding points bonuses earned on the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not count toward Companion Pass."
Can I book SPG properties with my Marriott Travel Package? As of 9/1/2018 apparently not. see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30155836-post6529.html
Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:14 am

Programs: Everything
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Any datapoint on how long it takes for miles from the travel package redemption to reach the Aeroplan account ? Eagerly waiting for the miles to book my mini-RTW award while there is award seat availability..
Interested in the same question with regards to Southwest points. I want to purchase a 7 Nights + 120,000 Rapid Reward Points package in January 2017 to snag the SW Companion Pass. How quickly can I expect the SW points to appear and thus qualify.

We have SW flights in late January and early February that I'd like to rebook as a companion fare. Any chance of that happening?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:09 pm

The 20 percent bonus currently going on with AA miles posted instantly for me
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:33 pm
kkl

Did the United bonus post instantly?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by kkl
In my experience they post within 1-2 business days.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by kkl
My 132,000 United miles posted within a day or 2. The 20,000 bonus miles are supposed to post by January.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:27 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
My 132,000 United miles posted within a day or 2. The 20,000 bonus miles are supposed to post by January.
Thanks!!

Please update if it comes earlier!

Also is the 20k bonus once off? Or can be redeemed multiple times?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by kkl
Thanks!!

Please update if it comes earlier!

Also is the 20k bonus once off? Or can be redeemed multiple times?
The United deal is a 25% bonus up to 20,000 maximum. Deal ends 11/30.

Will post on or before 1/31/17.

Must register.

Still waiting.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 6:05 am

What is the likelihood of being able to extend the stay element of the Travel Package should you not be able to take it within the year?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
What is the likelihood of being able to extend the stay element of the Travel Package should you not be able to take it within the year?
As per wiki:
If you can't use your certificate within the year, then as close to the one year anniversary (without going over!) call to extend the certificate for one more year. That's as long as they will typically allow, one extension.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
The United deal is a 25% bonus up to 20,000 maximum. Deal ends 11/30.

Will post on or before 1/31/17.

Must register.

Still waiting.
Could someone point me to the United 25% bonus? I can't find it anywhere, and not sure if I have to register first or not. I want to do it again this year, even if it is for 20K miles.

Billy
Old Nov 4, 2016, 1:40 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Delta3MM
Could someone point me to the United 25% bonus? I can't find it anywhere, and not sure if I have to register first or not. I want to do it again this year, even if it is for 20K miles.

Billy
http://www.united.com/pointstomiles

and here is the FT Thread on this promo:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ar-points.html
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
If you go to the Marriott Travel Package page on the Website, the United Bonus is included in the RewardsPlus chart at the top of the page. Other airline redemptions are in the charts below that.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Gold, Hertz PC (Prefer Silvercar)
is it possible to book the package and choose the hotel at a later day? say they give me a 7-night certificate instead?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by ddng
is it possible to book the package and choose the hotel at a later day? say they give me a 7-night certificate instead?
Yes this is possible
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by ddng
You get two separate rewards: The airline points go into your existing airline frequent flyer account and you get a certificate for a seven (or five, if you can get it) night stay. You don't have to use them together. You could use the points to fly to Juneau in January and the hotel cert to stay in Mayfair in May. You don't need to commit to actual locations, but you need to use the cert within a year. In other words, when you order the travel package, you just say, "I want a travel package." You get the cert and the frequent flyer points, but neither is tied to a location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.