Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
LINK TO CHART

Legacy to New Travel Package Conversion (effective August 2019)
A Marriott supervisor can currently convert your legacy travel package into the new category mapping. If you hold a Category 6, 8, or Tier 1-3 legacy certificate, it's ideal to downgrade your certificate before converting so that points don't potentially get lost in the process.

The codes for the new partial packages are:
New Cat 1-4: QP83
New Cat 5: QP91
New Cat 6: QP99
New Cat 7:

Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
Members who purchased a Category 6, Category 8 or Tier 1-3 certificate prior to 8/18 are able to request a one-time exchange for a Travel Package one category lower. This process will cancel your current Travel Package, reissue a Travel Package one category lower and result in a refund of 30,000 points to your account. To submit a request, follow these steps:
  • Select “Packages - Deals” from the “Topic” drop down menu
  • Submit your request
As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.
Source: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...es-update.html

The legacy certificates map to the new certificates as such:
Cat 1-5 => Cat 1-4
Cat 6 => Cat 1-4
Cat 7 => Cat 5
Cat 8 => Cat 5
Cat 9 => Cat 6
Tier 1-3 => Cat 6
Tier 4-5 => Cat 7
==================================================

If you are unsure where you will use your 7 night stay, when you request the package, just ask for a category 1-5 hotel. That way you are out of the least number of points. If later, you decide to book for a higher level category, then you can do so and pay the difference the travel package points. If you can't use your certificate within the year, then as close to the one year anniversary (without going over!) call to extend the certificate for one more year. That's as long as they will typically allow, one extension. There is an option to expedite the mileage delivery to within three business days (sometimes faster) for $15. There are reports that this fee may be waived for platinum members.

Effective April 1 2017 re: Southwest & the companion pass:

"Purchased points, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from Rapid Rewards program enrollment, tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and partner bonuses (excluding points bonuses earned on the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not count toward Companion Pass."
Can I book SPG properties with my Marriott Travel Package? As of 9/1/2018 apparently not. see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30155836-post6529.html
Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by ktmangione
Can someone confirm? I was planning to get the stay and fly package by transferring over 50K points to my husbands account. Is this allowed?
You can transfer up to 50,000 points a year into anyone's account.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
I tried doing that by requesting to transfer my 120K points to my wife's 150K in order to book the 270K points stay and fly package. However, I was told that is not allowed with the stay and fly packages. You can only go over the 50K annual limt if you make a hotel only award booking. I am not sure what would happen if I attempt to make a hotel booking costing all 270K points and then cancel though? I ended up transfering to SPG and requested a transfer to my wife's spg account. Still pending though, not sure if SPG has a limit (I thought i read something about a 30K limit earliest this year).
I would try and call again. You never know you might get a different answer. If no then try a supervisor. Can't hurt. Marriott seems to allow for flexibility.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:17 am
kkl

no transfer limit between spg-spg family transfer
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:27 am

Any recent experience on transfer times to AAdvantage? I requested my TP on 23 October and it still hasn't posted yet, and whilst I'm very happy to wait, I just want to make sure that nothing is amiss.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:19 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kkl
no transfer limit between spg-spg family transfer
Agree. It's an easy workaround to move points from Marriott to SPG, consolidate points within the same household (must have same address for at least 30 days) and then move back into one Marriott account.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Agree. It's an easy workaround to move points from Marriott to SPG, consolidate points within the same household (must have same address for at least 30 days) and then move back into one Marriott account.
Better do it quick to receive the bonus miles. I think the offer ends 11/30.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Any datapoint on how long it takes for miles from the travel package redemption to reach the Aeroplan account ? Eagerly waiting for the miles to book my mini-RTW award while there is award seat availability..
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
Any recent experience on transfer times to AAdvantage? I requested my TP on 23 October and it still hasn't posted yet, and whilst I'm very happy to wait, I just want to make sure that nothing is amiss.
Same situation here waiting on AA miles from last week, the rep said these usually happen on Saturdays every week however have not seen anything yet, hope someone that has transferred AA miles lately can chime in
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:21 am

Datapoint, initiated transfer for travel package and AA miles on 10-27, miles posted to my account 11-1
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:43 am

Mine (initiated on 23 October) posted about 3 hours ago (1 November).
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:57 am
kkl

wow quite a long time for AA compared with united 24hour turn around
Old Nov 1, 2016, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kkl
wow quite a long time for AA compared with united 24hour turn around
Indeed, my United Travel Package last summer posted FAST - next day. ^

I've done a few AA ones over the years too...I forget exactly how fast it was but I seem to recall it being close to 5-7 days than 1 day.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Do I understand it correctly? After I registered UA promotion offer, I just need to call Marriott to order travel package and the 20K bonus miles will credit to my UA MP account automatically once the transfer is done.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott - Titanium, AA - Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tomwhom
Do I understand it correctly? After I registered UA promotion offer, I just need to call Marriott to order travel package and the 20K bonus miles will credit to my UA MP account automatically once the transfer is done.
Nope, transfer of mileage from Marriott is fast. But, promo miles take time. Terms say before 1/2017. I transferred 2 weeks ago and Marriott posted but no 20,000 promo miles yet.......
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by Duke5150
Nope, transfer of mileage from Marriott is fast. But, promo miles take time. Terms say before 1/2017. I transferred 2 weeks ago and Marriott posted but no 20,000 promo miles yet.......
Actually I care more on whether I can get the bonus miles than how fast it will post to my MP account. Procedure wise I want to make it right !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.